The Island-Republic of Bhima

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Peacebringer
Adventurer

The Island-Republic of Bhima

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Sometime in the near future:

Bhuman: Buddhist holy-man.

Iman: Islamic-Masters

Bhima

Population: 68,000

Government:Unstable, capitalist-backed military dictatorship.

Currency: Bhima Rupiah: 1 USD = 72 BR

Economy: Small consumer-factories, oil, gems(jade), rice, tobacco, fish.\

History: Originally a Melanesian-island, in the 1000s it was colonized by Buddhists from India and then in the 1600s it was conquered by Muslims; the wars and colonizations were mostly peaceful with little fighting. In 1848, it became a British colony and remained so until 1942, when the Japanese SNLF took the island. The British were removed and the Japanese began to convert the island into a military-factory island due to it's many ports. The Japanese were harsh, but fair and treated the island's subjects well compared to other conquered groups. In 1945, a German U-Boat-19 arrived with plans to produce the V1 rocket and 88mm Flak anti-air and anti-armor guns; a V1 rocket, fired from the Island and guided by a Japanese-sub, managed to strike the US Aircraft Carrier, the USS Callahan (named after Lesley Callahan, a famous Spanish-American war captain). The damage was so great that the carrier could not operate aircraft and had to return to San Francisco where it was eventually decommissioned; it was considered a casualty of the war. After the war, the government changed peacefully to an Islamic-State ruled by a pro-western military government that choose to be communists. The are more right-centered politically.

Geography and Climate: A volcanic-island; it's divided into two-regions; the Northern Island, which is mostly an Islamic City-State and a Southern, Buddhist country-side.

Military:

Soldiers: 3,000

A dozen Patton Tanks
Six Stryker APCs
Thirty Attack Jeeps
Seven Mark V Attack-boats (only six are operational)
Seven AH-6 Attack Helicopters
Fifteen Chinooks

Conflicts: The Harima of Allah (Tigers of God) is a rebel-group against the military and the Iman(s), whom they see as puppets of the military; they are also terrorizing the Buddhist-population of the Island.

Ugus Kebakaran Kuyani (The Warriors of the Eternal-Flame): a Buddhist resistance group that responds to the Harima. They are small in numbers, but very effective against the Harima; they often predict the attacks of the Harima and ambush them. They attack only the Harima.

There are some images:

A simple black and white map with labels:

https://ibb.co/Zm2sMxV

A very, very large color map of the Island-State of Bhima.

https://ibb.co/Gcw4g0n

The Iman:

https://ibb.co/fM2J7w0

General Suna, leader of the Military.

https://ibb.co/9wQPnYs
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: The Island-Republic of Bhima

Unread post by slade the sniper »

"the government changed peacefully to an Islamic-State ruled by a pro-western military government that choose to be communists."

Islamic State, allowed in the 50's and 60's.
Pro-Western, always good to get in the good graces of the US.
Chose to be Communists, wha...?

Also, the military is 5% of the population?

Also, what is the total length of the island? I ask because depending on...stuff...the government might be able to invest in some sweet artillery, put it in the middle and train their troops in call for fire and start putting the hurt on. Recon troops, indirect fires and aviation assets will make any gathering a pretty poor idea for the baddies.

Finally, what is the ROE the government is pushing? If it is some Western influenced COIN strategy...well, the leadership better start stashing their cash for their eventual defeat and retreat to France or the UK. If they are OK with shutting down cell phones, the internet, and kicking reporters out, or following a non-Western COIN strategy...a few years of cracking heads will ensure victory. Yay. Being on an island is a good thing for them, as the government can be a lot more effective in stopping outside support for the rebels.

Is there anything stopping the government from "deputizing" the Ugus Kebakaran Kuyani? What is the long term goal of the Harima of Allah? Is there any way to divide the group from their followers? Political solutions work well, especially if the efforts are made in good faith, and the Harima still act the fool...lots of great propaganda to be made that way. Also, the government can also ask questions of the Harima publicly like "what sort of government do you want" "what trade policy do you think would make the nation stronger"? It will make the populace question the Harima as well...and as several revolutionary groups can attest, running a country is a LOT harder than running around blowing things up at night.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Hmm, that General Suna looks like he was trained in the US and took his lessons about haircuts seriously.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Peacebringer
Adventurer

There are some plot holes I have to work on; I started that map in '07 and come hell or high-water, I was going to finish it when I started it up again in Feb. It takes a long, long, long time to make one of those maps and my mind really wants to move on to other projects. It's inspired by a game called, Joint-Operations; I kind of wanted it to be flexible to be used in a Recon game or a CP2020 Firestorm game.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Also, the artillery-thing did cross my mind once.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

It did have a passing familiarity to the old Chrome Berets book for CP2020.

I am curious about this "Joint Operations" you speak of...off to google-fu, although I suspect I am going to get a LOT of JP's...but I have like 90% of those already.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Peacebringer
Adventurer

JO was game-images I downloaded in '05.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”