Recon Firearm Combat Rules

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zammo76
D-Bee

Recon Firearm Combat Rules

Unread post by Zammo76 »

I decided to create a document that I could hand out to players that detailed the combat rules and could be used as a quick guide. I also added a few of my own supplementary rules such as Initiative, Expended Ammunition, Flak Vest and Helmet reducing explosive damage and Panic rules.

I also added the M14A1 S.A.W as a new weapon (for Pigmen), this was basically a full auto M14 with:

a full pistol-gripped in-line stock to control recoil, a plastic upper forend to save weight, a muzzle compensator, the BAR sling, an M2 bipod, and a folding metal vertical foregrip mounted under the forend of the stock.

I think I added a few more weapons too (but I'm at work and I haven't got my rules book to hand to check).

Anyway if anyone wants to use this they have my consent:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BX6 ... sp=sharing
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Recon Firearm Combat Rules

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Nice product.
I would like to see some house rules about using machineguns with tripods, tho.
Nobody likes to use them, but a gun team and their tripod mounted machinegun with T&E is Death (with a capital D).

Good work.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Zammo76
D-Bee

Unread post by Zammo76 »

I've added a +10 to hit if using Telescopic sights, so I guess maybe the same for a machine gun using a Tripod? But then you'd also have to add maybe a +5 to hit if going prone and using a bipod?
slade the sniper
Hero

A +20 total for tripod (+10) and T&E (+10) sounds good.

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Zammo76
D-Bee

Unread post by Zammo76 »

Just had to Google T&E!

TBH the only time I think you'd ever see a tripod mounted machine gun is if the player characters came up against one (as I think it'd be a bit much expecting them to lug it about) and then they're in big trouble with the enemy getting +20 to hit on a large calibre MG! Actually would old Russian mounted DSHK machine guns or maybe potentially even older Maxim MGs have T&E?
slade the sniper
Hero

Hmm, well, if you have a machinegun team (2 or preferably, 3 guys) they always carry the gun (the gunner) tripod, T&E, extra barrel, for the AG (assistant gunner) and the AB (ammo bearer) carries at least a thousand extra rounds. That allows you to have a guy on the gun, one guy spotting targets and adjusting, and the third guy pulling security and/or linking ammo so the gun never goes down.

For a recon team, they "might" have a MG but not a full MG team. Back in Nam they could carry a pig, but it was not really a preferred thing. SEALs used the Stoner, as a SAW but it had some jamming issues from what I heard.

I found an example of a Maxim on a carriage mount with T&E adjustment, and I would "assume" that Russian gear would have it as well, buuuut, machine gunnery may not have been that big a part of Russian doctrine, seeing as how they were much more into a mechanized mindset. I also don't know how much US opponents really do all that much defense using MGs. I mean, they have them, but I don't know if they all about final protective lines and interlocking fields of fire ensured by aiming stakes and all that jazz, especially these days.

I didn't find any DShK mounts with T&E integral, but I did find a few KPV 14.5mm variants (dual and quad mounts) that were fitted with wheels and an integral T&E system. As if 12.7 isn't enough to ruin your day...a quad mount KPV with that level of accuracy and a good gunner...sheesh, cover would be pretty worthless, especially if they had their range card all done up...

-STS

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”