Marine Corps/20 Years

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Marine Corps/20 Years

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I'm writing up the backstory to a new character, actually for a Dead Reign game. I'm looking to get some idea's about what a 20 year career in the U.S. Marine's might look like for a new game, and I figured there might be someone here that might have some idea's or thoughts hopefully. Say from the time period of 1990-2010.

In the alternative, are there any good sources (either books or online) that might detail something like this?
RockJock
Knight

Re: Marine Corps/20 Years

Unread post by RockJock »

What sort of information are you looking for? The 1990-2010 ish period for Marines could cover deployments in two gulf wars, embassy attacks, naval ship attacks, Central and South American anti-drug deployments, assignments to Japan/Okinawa. Any help?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Sorry for late reply -

I figured the character joins mid 1990 - Infantry, and likely spends the rest of it in training. In 1991 is in the 1st Gulf War.

I figured 6 years Infantry, various units.

Around 1996, decides to become Military Police and gets Special Response Training.

After 9/11, the character is then part of a FAST company.

in 2003, returns to Infantry and is part of the 2nd Gulf War. Both the initial invasion and later actions like the Battle for Fallujah.

In 2004 part of the Anti-Terrorism Battalion.

In 2007 part of Marine Corps Special Operations, retiring in 2010

That's my very rough outline. Any help is appreciated.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Never been in the Corps, but I do live by a Marine base and I go to the bars and listen. Here's what I've heard; MREs are the worst foods out there. Being out in the field sucks. Being in the USMC sucks. A lot that sign-up tend to be trill seekers and say, drive fast, BMX bike, skate, etc. (Note: swimmers or water polo joins the Navy). I believe that if you spend 20 years in the USMC, you can retire and collect your pension and then get a job with defense contractors in DC. I picked up a used, "Guidebook for Marines", 15th revised edition at a used book-store; it has everything and I mean EVERYTHING about the procedures of the Corps. Also, you might want to get, "Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual" book. The guidebook isn't an easy read because the manual is more, summarized.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”