ERRATA for Deluxe Revised RECON

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

djlittle1960
D-Bee

ERRATA for Deluxe Revised RECON

Unread post by djlittle1960 »

ERRATA:

Errata for Deluxe Revised RECON.

I am a retired US Army Special Forces Weapons Sergeant. I have noticed some errors in the rules concerning weapons:

Page 53

U.S. Colt Commander is .45 Caliber. It is a smaller, more compact version of the M1911.

Ingram M-10,
The M-10 was available chambered for either .45 ACP or 9mm.

Page 54

U.S. M3A1 .45 Caliber Sub-machinegun
Note: Was issued to tank crews instead of the M16, because it was compact. Was NOT an update to the Thompson. It was its own weapon, mainly made from stamped parts to cut down on production costs. It was also used by Special Forces and RECON teams.

The Shotguns pictured have a typical 5 round internal tube magazine, instead of 2. Only double-barreled shotguns have a 2-round capacity.

Page 55

M14- is an assault rifle capable of firing semi and fully automatic.
M21- is the sniper version of the M14 which fires only semiautomatic and has a flash suppressor to hide the muzzle flash.
Both weapons use a 20-round box Magazine. It does not use a clip.

M-1, .30 Caliber Garand Rifle
Is a semiautomatic rifle. it is NOT Bolt-Action!

Page 56

M-2 .30 Caliber Carbine
Has a selector lever which enables fully automatic fire!
The M1 .30 Caliber Carbine is only semiautomatic.

.30 Caliber, Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)
The BAR is classified as an LMG (Light Machine Gun). It is NOT an assault rifle.

Page 58

(Note on M60) The asbestos glove was used when CHANGING the barrel; NOT to hold the barrel when firing. Looking at the picture, you can see that there is a forward stock for holding the M60.

Page 60

The term "Recoilless Rifles" is not misleading. These weapons have rifled-barrels. A recoilless rifle (RCLR) or recoilless gun is a type of lightweight tube artillery that is designed to allow some of the propellant gases to escape out the rear of the weapon at the moment of ignition, creating forward thrust that counteracts some of the weapon's recoil. This allows for the elimination of much of the heavy and bulky recoiling mechanisms of a conventional cannon while still enabling the unit to fire a powerful projectile. Besides this, the lower pressures involved allow thinner walled and lighter tubes, lowering further the weight of the cannon. Technically, only devices that use a rifled barrel are recoilless rifles. Smoothbore variants are recoilless guns. This distinction is often lost, and both are often called recoilless rifles. Though it is similar in form and appearance to a rocket launcher, it fires modified artillery shells, not rockets.

Page 61

M-67 90mm: Recoilless Rifle
The notes mentions that it fires a single round, but it CAN be reloaded, unlike the M72 LAW.

I hope this clarifies any issues/questions.

David J. Little
SFC, USA (Ret.)
"De Oppresso Liber"
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: ERRATA for Deluxe Revised RECON

Unread post by Jefffar »

As an addenda to your point on the M-14. Due to the difficulties of controlling the weapon on fully automatic fire, a large portion of them were modified to semi-automatic only. In game terms I might add an extra -5 or -10% to the penalties for fully automatic fire for the unmodified models.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Re: ERRATA for Deluxe Revised RECON

Unread post by Peacebringer »

There are tons of type-0s and inconsistencies in the lay-out that sometimes it is hard to understand. But I do not worry about it too much because very, very, very few people got rich writing RPG-books and they probably did not have the payroll to properly edit the book.

It is what it is.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”