Character Creation

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Character Creation

Unread post by Razzinold »

Looking for some help here.
I have never played After the Bomb and now my players would like me to run a game for them.
I was reading over the book and I'm still not quite sure how the whole BIO-E thing works during creation.
For example, my one player wants to play a dolphin and it says that their size is 14, which has a 65 listed under BIO-E, and their animal Bio-E is 40.
So does this mean that their starting BIO-E points would be 105? If that is the case then even after spending 10 points for bipedal (full), 10 for hands (full), 10 for speech (full), 5 for looks (partial), 5 for Bite, 5 for Sonar and 5 for Thick Blubber (a total cost of 50) that would still leave the player 50 points and nothing else to spend them on, unless they take Psionics.

Am I missing something here or is it normal for some characters to have unspent points?
Rali
Hero

Re: Character Creation

Unread post by Rali »

Palladium is notorious for recycling content without updating them. Ignore the BIO-E on the table and only use the BIO-E listed on the animal template.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

their starting BIO-E is 40.

the BIO-E listing in the chart is a listing of the size steps and related things like weight and bonuses, but the BIO-E entry is deceptive and unrelated to the rest of it really. each step in size is 5 BIO-E gained or lost as per the text alongside the chart, depending on if you go up or down in size. the chart demonstrates what this looks like for a size 1 character. yeah, it is confusing.

so starting at size 14, you have the 40 BIO-E from the species. you may also get some extra from your background (it is often a good idea to determine background before making the mutant, so you know any bonus BIO-E you get, and can also pick features that fit the character's origin and role better)

if you go down to size 11 (which is roughly human size) you would gain 15 Bio-E, giving you 55 total. if you were to go up in size to size 17 (basically doubling your weight and bringing your dolphin up to small whale dimensions), it would cost you 15 from your initial 40, leaving you only 25 to work with.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

:ok:

Thanks to both of you, that makes things much easier to understand.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”