TMNT Adventure Hooks?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Raindrop
D-Bee

TMNT Adventure Hooks?

Unread post by Raindrop »

Hey all! Just getting back into TMNT & Other Strangeness after a 20+ hiatus. Gearing up to run a campaign with my family.

I've scoured these forums, and while I found a few lists of After the Bomb adventure hooks, I didn't find any for TMNT & OS. With TMNT's setup being vastly different (mutant animals in a xenophobic human society), I'm finding the AtB hooks don't mesh well with TMNT & OS.

Anyone up for posting their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness adventure hooks and scenarios?

Thanks!
Rali
Hero

Re: TMNT Adventure Hooks?

Unread post by Rali »

I'm game to see what I can come up with. I'd just like a little info:

When is your campaign taking place? (Classic 80's TMNTaOS, Modern 20XX, or Future 20XX+)

Where is your campaign taking place?

Are you just looking for one-shot adventure hooks?

Are there any themes you'd like to focus on?
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Raindrop
D-Bee

Hey Rali!

I've come up with a few things since posting this, mostly from browsing the few TMNT & OS posts here on the Palladium forums and a couple from other forums. I plan to kick the game off with an escape from a TCRI lab.
Last edited by Raindrop on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Are you running the TCRI as bad guys in your campaign?

~Nekira Sudacne
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

The characters find out that they have clones in another facility. However, if they attempt to rescue them, they find that they have been genetically manipulated. Whatever the manipulation could be up to you: Stronger, Faster, Larger, psionic powers, ect. These clones have also been driven mad by their experimentation. Similar to Crazies, but even bigger loose cannons.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Raindrop
D-Bee

Rali wrote:Are you running the TCRI as bad guys in your campaign?

Sorry! Thought I'd checked "Notify me when a reply is posted". I'm going to try to layer a twist with the main TCRI corporation being run by non-violent Ultroms. This chapter, however, is run by an evil person/entity who's running some of their own projects off the books. I haven't fleshed out this particular big bad as I'm not sure if the PCs will pursue that hook.

Mr. Jays wrote:The characters find out that they have clones in another facility. However, if they attempt to rescue them, they find that they have been genetically manipulated. Whatever the manipulation could be up to you: Stronger, Faster, Larger, psionic powers, ect. These clones have also been driven mad by their experimentation. Similar to Crazies, but even bigger loose cannons.

That's not bad! I remember I had a similar plot in the Heroes Unlimited campaign I ran as a kid. The PC's secret identities were compromised, so they'd moved all of their families into their secret base. Some point later, that base was attacked by villains. I can't remember all the details, but the base was basically leveled, yet when the PCs arrived, they found all of their families survived. It was many sessions later when they found out their family members had all died in the attack and they'd been living with enhanced clones that were recording their every move.
Last edited by Raindrop on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

MISSING
Hook: Several kids in the city have gone missing, including one that the characters know (optional). The children usually turn up in random locations around the city several days after they disappear in a coma, just as a new child goes missing.
Line: Investigation/surveillance will lead the group to a dilapidated warehouse district where they find that the children are being held in cages and guarded by numerous strange mutant or alien looking creatures ranging around four foot tall.
Sinker: These creatures are a hive collective, with the 'Queen' being a creature that feeds on the psyche of other life forms, with children offering the strongest food source. The 'soldier' creatures are very simple creatures, but will swarm anyone who threatens their hive or food. The 'Queen' is six foot tall and is reminiscent of a female slenderman. She is a relatively powerful psychic from another dimension and will summon more soldiers to her defense as needed until it becomes clear that the group will not leave her hive alone, at which time she will teleport her hive back to her home dimension.

~Nekira Sudacne
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

BREAKING NEWS
Hook: While listening to the radio, or watching TV, a Breaking News story interrupts the characters. Someone or something is rampaging through the City Zoo, terrorizing the guests. Witnesses that have been able to escape say that some weirdo in a pig costume (or another animal of your choice) was running around breaking animals out of their exhibits.
Line: The news coverage continues, while the players head to the action, and new reports indicate that the rampaging trouble maker has left the Zoo and is escaping into a wooded area just north of the Zoo.
Sinker: The individual responsible for the rampage is, or rather was, a Warthog that had been on exhibit at the Zoo until it took ill after the night of the space spores. Zoo vets took the animal into their clinic to keep it under observation, and were amazed at the strange mutations that were occurring. After the mutant gained self awareness and understood that it, and the other animals were being held against their will, it broke out of the clinic and started freeing the other animals. Park officials, as well as the police and animal control will have their hands full with the other animals which should leave the party to deal with the escaped warthog. Complications may arise if a police or news helicopter gets too close and spooks the new mutant. Also, the wooded area is starting to be developed for a new horse track (Remington Park) scheduled to open in two years, so there is the possibility for some encounters with workers and heavy equipment.

~Nekira Sudacne
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

HOT WIRE
Hook: Stange sounds and lights are seen coming from a neighborhood park late one night.
Line: As the players investigate, they find a couple kids in a dark part of the park seemingly shooting electric arcs into the air, zapping trees, and playground equipment. The two kids both appear to be in their early teens and to distracted to notice that they have attracted the players attention. Continued observation shows that one of the kids is actually shooting the arcs of electricity from their own fingers. Sudenly one of the arcs hits near the players, stunning them.
Sinker: The two kids notice the players and scream in terror. The mutant kid shouts that to their friend that they better scam and grabs the others arm which causes a burst or sparks and the normal kid falls to the ground convulsing and covered in residual electric sparks. The electric kid tries to revive the other, but then screams at the player that it wasn't their fault as they transform into a ball of lighting and shoots off into the distance. Reviving the fallen kid is easy and doesn't take long. Still stunned and not reacting to the fact that they are talking with mutant animals, they tell the players that the two were friends and that this was the only place that the friend could show off their new talent, and that they know it was an accident. The kid asks that the players please bring their friend back and can help by telling them some locations where they go when they need to hide out.

~Nekira Sudacne

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”