Intelligent Insects

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thkaal
D-Bee

Intelligent Insects

Unread post by Thkaal »

As GM's, do you allow your players to have human levels of intelligence if playing mutant insects? I've interpreted the 1d6 IQ to be for "monster" mutant insects.

Thoughts?
Explorer
Comment: Eternally Sleepy

Re: Intelligent Insects

Unread post by 1970 »

Mutants in Orbit has mutant insects that have regular human intelligence (3D6 and all) that are built just like regular mutant animals.
Formless Faceless and Free
Thkaal
D-Bee

Unread post by Thkaal »

Technically, it says 1d6. But it could be interpreted as being those are the "monsters."
Explorer
Comment: Eternally Sleepy

Unread post by 1970 »

Are you sure you're looking at the Heroes Unlimited/After the Bomb stats instead of the Rifts stats? They're different but located right next to each other.
Formless Faceless and Free
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Sure. If they're playing PC's they can have sapient intelligence.
If they're riding bugs, they're 'animals'.

No need to quibble.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

At first, I rolled 4 for Intelligence, when using a 1d6. Then my Game master told me to roll the regular 3d6, because he told me he wanted my character to be more intelligent.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I do *both*
Just like there are feral non-sentient mutant animals with beast like minds I have fully sentient insects with full IQs. The Mutant Bees in the Rifter are the primary example (and to be honest, the main one I have adapted for use.)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”