Home built weapons for Systems Failure?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

If you scrounge around, one of the older threads makes a passing reference to such a thing happening in Australia.
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

I had posted some similar stuff a while back, but don't think there were any real stats. The idea came to me after watching one of those Weapons of WW2 with the Liberator pistols that were dropped all over the place during the war for people to use to fight and take weapons away from dead German troops. It was a setting related thing that basically boiled down to this...

Bored NPCs cobbled together some guns out of old parts, scraps, etc. One day while playing with one of their creations a higher ranking NPC saw them doing it, and the idea came to him if they spent resources making better ones they could have some weapons to hand out to people that they're rescuing, yadda yadda yadda.

They basically came in a couple forms, short pistol sized and long rifle/shotgun sized. All are single shots, but the rifle/shotgun sized one had a hollow stock to hold stuff in.
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

If you have the right materials you can easily make a Firearm. My grandfather has been looking into building a Blackpowder Mortar. the small ones fire V-8 cans filled with concrete. the Big Bp Mortars fire Bowling balls.

Making cassed ammo is the difficult part, makeing a weapon to fire it isn't, as a friend's WWII era leather coat atests. It was taken off a Nazi who was touched in the head by a home made shotgun.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

On the Recon Forum I followed a link and with about two seconds of searching I found This

Notw that on the first page of that section it has how to make your own Bazooka. Latter pages have other less destructive home made weapon plans.

you could also look up US military manuals on the subject. Someone mentioned Vietnam well they made their own Tommy guns inside underground bunkers simply dug from the earth let alone anything like a concrete bomb shelter that has been stocked with spare parts.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Remember, a good portion of the bunker folk are exmilitary and actively search for publicaitons and training in just this sort of thing.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Jefffar wrote:Remember, a good portion of the bunker folk are exmilitary and actively search for publications and training in just this sort of thing.

Then there's the small town-types who work in metal shops and know how to handle stamping equipment, lathes, and so on.

Return to “Systems Failure™”