Systems Failure review up on RPGnet

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Nice review though I see RPG.net hasn't changed.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Not to derail this, but for every supporter of (insert system here), there is a detractor over there. On both sides of the fence there intelligent, polite, and rational people while others are raving psycho loons. Palladium games do get beat up on a little bit more than others, but not as much as they used to.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

It's kinda funny, I actually have this book and didn't realize it...I got it in a grab bag and it immediately went onto the shelf (I've browsed through it once). I just don't care for the Y2K spin. AtB is the flahship of my RPG library and I'm glad you didn't berate it. What surprised me was the replies, I knew there were some people who are disenchanted with Palladium out there, but wow...they don't pull any punches. To bad Sound Off can't be that open of a forum.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

I really really enjoy this game. Its a great diversion from the normal Palladium game.
:fool:
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

As a side note, Almafeta has been banned from RPG.net for stirring up trouble (unrelated to Palladium stuff). I think he has also disappeared from here for the same reason.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Mike Taylor wrote:As a side note, Almafeta has been banned from RPG.net for stirring up trouble (unrelated to Palladium stuff). I think he has also disappeared from here for the same reason.

Almafeta still posts over at SJG's forums (gurps).
Almafeta i remember used to post alot on the AtB forum here. I do remember Almafeta's post count being much higher too...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Good review. I personally think System Failure could have been a huge money maker for Palladium if they had let Bill Coffin run wild with followup books. But by making it a one shot, Palladium sabotaged themselves.

Seriously, I've never in my life had more fun with an RPG that only had a single book. Imagine how great it could have been if Bill Coffin had been allowed to expand on the world the way he wanted.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

LostOne wrote:Good review. I personally think System Failure could have been a huge money maker for Palladium if they had let Bill Coffin run wild with followup books. But by making it a one shot, Palladium sabotaged themselves.

Seriously, I've never in my life had more fun with an RPG that only had a single book. Imagine how great it could have been if Bill Coffin had been allowed to expand on the world the way he wanted.

Yeah I want more NORAD occs to be honest...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: Love this game

Unread post by Vidynn »

Beanie wrote:Even though Y2K was an enormous flop (thanks a lot world) I think there is still a market for this game...

uhm, you mean, Y2K should have spelled worldwide disaster, cause that would have helped the RPG? youre pretty harsh. :D

anyway, I agree that there would have been a market, maybe there still is. but that would have required sourcebooks and support and both was out of the question for PB. Zombies, anyone?
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.

Return to “Systems Failure™”