First Draft: ROSSUM-class Heavy OCW

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

First Draft: ROSSUM-class Heavy OCW

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Rossum-class Heavy Organitech Combat Walker

Height: 36 feet to top of head. 45 feet to top of radiator fin.
Weight: 30 tons
Speed: 65 miles per hour
Range: Conditionally unlimited. Must rest 8 hours for every 16 hours of activity.
A.R.: 17
S.D.C. by Location:
Main Body*: 850
Arms (2): 325
Legs (2): 425
Head**: 100
Dorsal Radiator Fin: 350
Secondary Dorsal Radiator Fins (4): 75

*Reducing the main body to zero will kill the O.C.W.
** The head is a small target to hit. -3 to strike. Destroying the head will incur a -5 penalty to all combat rolls, but the Rossum has other senses to fall back on.

Pilot Compartment Armor: A.R. 14, S.D.C.: 160
Armaments:
1. Two Duke Support Cannons: One on each forearm.
2. Two Schwarzie Light Energy Cannons: Two mounted on the torso.
3. One Stallone Assault Rifle: Right Forearm blaster.
4. Clawed Hands: Damage: 1D4x10 +40 SDC

Other Features:
Enhanced Reflexes and Dexterity: +2 to initiative, +2 attacks per melee, +1 to strike in hand-to-hand combat, +2 to to strike with ranged weapons, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +1 to autododge (can dodge without it counting as a melee action).

Autonomous Defense Mode: Engages if pilot is incapacitated while inside the mecha. Double all attacks and bonuses except P.S. However, the O.C.W.'s instinct is to protect its pilot and fight to escape.

Blaze Out Mode: More on this later. ;)

Strength: P.S. 40

Jump Vents: Enables the O.C.W. to take jet-assisted leaps 100 feet in any direction.

Regeneration: An OCW can regenerate 10% of its S.D.C. per 24 hour period on its own and 20% per 24 hours at a properly equipped NORAD maintenance facility.

Okay, how's that for a first draft? Comments? Criticisms? I'm listening.
Last edited by Mike Taylor on Sun May 23, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

seems alright.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Add in the stats for those things. Otherwise interesting.
Mike Taylor

The weapons are in Systems Failure on pages 131 and 132. The only difference is that on the Rossum they have an unlimited payload. You will note that there is no superpowerful main gun as the big bruiser is meant to wade in and go at it with hordes of smaller Bugs.

What does it look like? Well, the Brocken served as an inspiration for its general looks. Naturally, the Rossum is grown rather than manufactured. (BROKEN LINK REMOVED BY POSTER. 12/6/06)
Last edited by Mike Taylor on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

looks like bug-stomping fun.
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Mike Taylor

LJavelle wrote:looks like bug-stomping fun.

Emphasis on stomp.
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

Yeah, that sucker is huge..... :shock:
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Mike Taylor

Starting to detail the Rossum's sister O.C.W., a much more insectoid looking type that resembles a giant mantis. The Rossum may undergo a name change to bring it more into line with the humor of Systems Failure as well.

Oh, if you are looking to convert the Rossum to Robotech, divide the S.D.C. by two before converting it to M.D.C. To convert it to Rifts just do a straight 1 to 1 conversion of S.D.C. to M.D.C.
Mike Taylor

Anybody put this brute to use in their games yet?
Mike Taylor

I guess the answer is no, then. Oh well. In any case, fellow SF players are free to use this thread to post stats for their own Organitech vehicles as well, if only to breathe life back into this forum.
Mike Taylor

Thank you, kitty. *hugs*
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Soon I will be posting up my Battlesuit with flight capabilities. And some ideas I had/ have for Organitech weapons.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Hey Mike: any plans on letting us in on the "Blaze Out Mode"?
Mike Taylor

As soon as I can get all my notes back together. When I wiped by hard drive a few months back (stupid virus... grrrr), I lost all the info I had typed up after the initial posting.
Mike Taylor

Sadly, I can not find the notes.
Mike Taylor

Blaze Out Mode: In the setting, "blazing out" is the term used for anyone who goes down fighting the Bugs and taking a whole bunch of them with him. (Going out in a blaze of glory.)

However, with the Rossum, and indeed all other OCWs, it refers to a specific set of circumstances where the pilot of the OCW is able to override the death cycle. Normally, when an OCW is about to die, it will try to get its pilot to safety. The reality of the situation is typically that if the OCW is to the point of death, the pilot usually is, too.

If the pilot can make a save versus psionics (most pilots are minor or major, btw) then a sort of transformation occurs. The OCWs combat bonuses and attacks are doubled and combined with those of the pilot. The SDC is temporarily doubled as well. Both the pilot and the OCW throw everything they have into what they know is their last battle. Once the fighting is over, both the OCW and the pilot die (no saving throw).
Mike Taylor

*resurrected*

Live, my creature! LIVE!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Nice. I like the little kamikaze mode. But then I always like having my characters go out in a blaze of glory saving the rest of the group's/city's/country's/planet's collective backsides.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

ohh nice mecha design. me like, me like alot.

Better picture of model Brocken Patlabor
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mike Taylor

Yes and no. It fills the same role as giant robots would in other games, but it's a living thing.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Actually the Brocken Patlabor is a Bio-mechanical Labor. So its Organitech mostly...

:D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Mike Taylor

The chest cavity opens up like a clamshell. Inside, there's a "seat" and sucker-like appendage called a "neural cap". The first time that that the pilot and the OCW are connected by the neural cap, the pilot falls into a deep sleep for about eight to ten hours as the machine and the pilot get acclimated to each other.

Pilots have reported having very vivid dreams during this time period. Those with below average mental endurance have been known to go insane or die from the process (M.E. of 12 or higher is what is typically screened for). Once the connection is cemented, a period of (24 - the character's I.Q.) months is needed to train the pilot and the OCW to perform at their absolute best. EDIT: Minimum of one month.

Oh, I neglected to mention that each OCW is genetically keyed to one pilot. Before the pilot links with it the first time, they place their finger in a receptacle inside the OCW's body and poke it on a needle inside. This triggers a syphoning action that draws a little bit of the pilot's blood and causes the OCW to blossom/awaken. For the purposes of what I'm posting here, no one else can pilot that particular OCW. It simply won't respond.
Last edited by Mike Taylor on Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Juggalo Dead Boy wrote:At least it's not in through the nasal cavity....or worse...

Noone tell anyone where I have been !! (Evolution)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Mike Taylor

Juggalo Dead Boy wrote:At least it's not in through the nasal cavity....or worse...

It's inside the cavity where the pilot sits along the interior wall. :p

With regards to the head, it's pretty obvious where the bulk of the genetic material came from. Its basically a longer and narrower Bug skull.

The above-mentioned "radiator fins" help regulate the OCW's internal temperature and serve as solar energy collectors to aid in regenerating damage via photosynthesis. In the NORAD OCW facilities, this would be supplemented by chemical nutrients, hence the boosted regeneration time.

Return to “Systems Failure™”