A new SF game for me/....coming in the next year

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CyCo
Hero

Re: A new SF game for me/....coming in the next year

Unread post by CyCo »

Maybe give a free boost of a handfull of dice (say 3d6) to be added to stats. They can then either add all three dice to one stat, or divide them up to three stats. You could either limit them to the single dice rolled to a stat, or roll all dice, then they get to spread that total ofer all their stats... however you'ld like to do it.

This would then allow the players to tailor their stats to their characters. The sniper may choose to up his PP and ME, while the pigman may choose his PS and PE.

Um, give them ann additional SCD, but not HP. Maybe they all get an extra fixed amount determined by you, say, 35. Or you could get them roll dice. Say a 1d4x10, or a d66 (a d66 is like a d100, use two different coloured dice, one repesents units, the other tens. So you get a range from 11 to 66).

Give them a bonus to save vs Pain, and also to the coma/death stabilization roll. maybe a +4 and +15% respectivley.

Here's another thought, you could double the time it takes for them to become fatigued. Or even longer, maybe x4. That way they can force march for days.

Hmmm... maybe a bonus to resist disease?

Really, just tweak the bonus's around till you're happy. I'ld suggest doing it before you rock up to play, get everyone to make up their characters as normal, then give them a sheet with how to tweak their characters more. That way they'll get a nice suprise (and we all like suprises), and they won't be min/maxing as much as that could if you gave them the bonus before character creation.....
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

As a condition of their being "dead", you might want to have them roll for a random insanity and/or maybe drop their MA and PB to 2D6 (or even 1D6). Another option might be to give them a modest horror factor (8 to 10), but apply a bonus when they encounter folks who "know" that they are dead.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Juggalo Dead Boy wrote:
Uh, they didn't LOOK dead.

Dolph Lungren has looked dead for years.
Oh wait, that's just his career.... :lol:
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground

Return to “Systems Failure™”