H-Town resistance.

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: H-Town resistance.

Unread post by Grell »

It's been over a month since I received the call from the Telepson Road underpass. I've kept the place in mind as I took care of other matters, but since I'm in the area I want to pay my respects. Cristi was a friend of mine and even before things all went to pot, she was a fighter; can't believe she's gone now. I can see the underpass from here now. I think I'll wait and scope the place out for a bit first, don't want to walk into anything unexpected.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Raiden

Re: H-Town resistance.

Unread post by Raiden »

I remember hearing that radio call from Telepson Road Underpass. We'd just set down for the day outside Williams Airport trying to patch up what was left of our convoy after we ran head first into a group of hostile militia. I remember looking over to Linsey, our leader, and seeing the pain in her eyes when she heard the call, heard the name James Davis.

It was hours before any of us saw her again. She did this sometimes, you know, to hide the fact that she feels something more than hatred of the bugs. She'd hide out in her Hummer for a few minutes or hours, and come back out with a new plan, a new direction. Except this time, when she came out, she was different, acted different, talked a lot quieter, and the ring she wore on her left hand was gone...

She had never talked about who she was married to. Hell, none of us even knew what her last name was. She was just charismatic, and the type of person you KNEW you could trust, and you'd follow her anywhere. I didn't really know much of her story since I'd only just hooked up with the convoy a few weeks prior to that after they pulled my sorry butt out of the hell hole that was College Station. But it was very aparent, she just wasn't the same after wards, and the convoy fell apart. Attrition, leadership struggles, despair.

I left the convoy after it was decided that they would outright go to war with the bugs. It was suicide I told them, utter suicide. I was told to leave, on foot, as they would not allow me to take one of their precious vehicles or fuel. So now I'm walking south, back to Houston, with a dozen wild flowers in my hand to lay them down where we heard that distress call, lay them down for both of them since they both died that day...

Return to “Systems Failure™”