Wee, gonna GM again

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Wee, gonna GM again

Unread post by LJ »

Having the guys make PCs based off themselves like my original campaign. I'm also going to have it take place in the same campaign world(so I can use old campaign notes AND use the original group's characters NPCs...because I'm lazy :P ) (Those notes can be found in the viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58688 thread)

Some of the PCs are not gonna be happy tomorrow. :lol:
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Re: Wee, gonna GM again

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Ooohhh lookie here... A whole bunch a notes on the campaign.. :twisted:

NO worries... I'm not gonna look through em. LOL
LJ
Explorer

Unread post by LJ »

So I GMed today.

4 of the guys had characters based off of themselves, and the 5th made a random hillbilly.
Hobbes-Freebooter
an Egghead(with a military background)
Greasemonkey
Survivalist
and a Killbilly(class from some fansite)

I had started them off in the prison cell of a Splatterpunk gang in Maine.

After your capture by the Vick Gang a few months back, you’ve spent your time in a cell growing awesome ZZ Tops beards, and fighting over food and rags to wear.

1. Poncho made of Velvet Elvises with bicycle shorts.
2. Lynnard Skynnard T-shirt with a plaid skirt
3. LA Galaxy uniform in good condition
4. Ewok Pajamas
5. Leather vest and Speedos

Unfortunately they managed to get through the clothing selection without fighting.....But anyways, they get released from their cells and loaded up into the back of a truck, and were being carted over towards NH when bugs started attacking the convoy. The guys escaped from the truck and grabbed some weapons from their dead captors, and ran for it. On their escape they realized they were being followed, and it turned out to be other escapees. Though the PCs scared them away, and later heard them getting killed.Turns out an Assassin Bug was stalking them through the woods, and they took some hits before killing it.

Some time later they came across a long abandoned camp ground among apple trees, with a pond nearby. So they started scavenging what they could and loading up on apples and doing some fishing. They decided to make camp elsewhere. While setting up camp, 2 of the guys went back to the old campsite to see if they could find anything else. At the new camp, one went to sleep, anther stood guard, and the last started cooking fish. AND THEN.....A BEAR ATTACKED. But they killed it. And feasted, and went to sleep.

The next day they continued on their search for a town, and stumbled across an old crashed station wagon still full of supplies. So they went through that and the hillbilly got the car started, but it only took them a few miles down the road and they walked a couple more to find a collection of deserted stores and old vehicles. So they went about scrounging and fixing up a ride when a couple bugged cops showed up. They dealt with them and stole the Police car.

They eventually made it into town and found the streets empty, except for a few bikers messing around. The bikers wanted an entrance fee for the town, and the Freebooter did the magic words thing and got them to go away while the PCs checked out town. They traded for supplies at the local trading post and found out that the gang is a huge problem. They then went to the bar to find more info, and the bartender was keeping fairly quiet because a couple gang members were in the bar. The greasemonkey then popped off a few rounds with a jury-rigged silencer killing one, and wounding the other. The egghead then rifle-butted the other and slit the guy's throat. The Freebooter didn't like that random violence was going on without knowing the situation and had a talk with the Greasemonkey while the bartender broke down crying.

The Freebooter then went to talk to the guy that ran the bed and breakfast because he heard that he could give info on the situation. He found out that the Gang had kidnapped a bunch of the women and children and used them as hostages to get stuff from the town, and that in a couple days they would bring them all back for a church service.

Meanwhile back in the center of town, the Greasemonkey worked on another jury-rigged silencer and took out any gang members that walked in the door of the Bar. The Survivalist decided to check out the area surrounding town, while the Killbilly started drinking at the bar. The Egghead decided to deal with a couple more of the gang members and got shot up while trying to finish one off. Hearing the gunshots, the last 2 gang members decided to book it out of town to the Gang's HQ.

The Freebooter returned to the rest of the group to find out about the crap-storm that just occurred, and told them about the hostages. The greasemonkey and killbilly started working on traps to deal with the rest of the gang, as it would undoubtedly come to get revenge. Meanwhile the Egghead had to get some rest. The Freebooter followed the Bed and Breakfast guy and received an old WW1 anti-tank rifle to deal with the gang, to which he passed it over to the Survivalist to take up position in the Church bell tower. The freebooter then took a ride with the Bed and Breakfast guy to check out the gang's hideout.
ECHO Member
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

OK so LJ ran the game and I'm the Freebooter.. I think I'll ad a few things and do sort of an in character thing in regards to the situation. On thing is that it is helpful to know the players and the backgrounds so you can get an idea of where everyone is coming from in their line of thought.

Keep in mind that the change takes place in 2000 and Luke set the game in 2010 so our lives have gone in different directions due to the Y2K Bugs.

Freebooter - Hobbes - Real name "Scott" previous to the change I was in computer sales.
Egghead - Real name "Dave" previous to change he was an Army Ranger who served in Bosnia and also the name of the place in the movie Black Hawk Down that I can't recall.
Survivalist - Real name "Jamous" - Previous to change he had a stint in the Army and was working as a delivery man, big comic book collector.
Greasemonkey - Real name "Moe" sometimes called "Moe Moe" as he's 400+ lbs Previous to change he was unemployed.
Killbilly Character Name "Billy Bob" Players real name Robert Real Nickname "Ace"

So we start off captured by this gang who for some reason decided that we wouldn't be allowed to keep our clothing and gave us the following to wear.. Reinforcing my belief that there really is something wrong with any gang that is in the state of Maine.

Jameous grabbed the Velvet elves poncho and bike shorts. Which I think Luke intended for Moe to grab considering his size.. But that's not how it turned out.. Ace took the Lynyrd Skynard shirt and plaid skirt.. The next item we were given was the Ewok pajamas. Which Moe took.. So picture if you will a man who is about 400 lbs in Ewok pajamas.. OH yeah he's also like 6ft 4in in height as well. Next in was the LA Galaxy kit. Me being a loyal supporter of the Revs would rather go naked than take it. It would be like a Red Sox fan wearing a Yankees jersey. So Dave ended up with the shirt and shorts with the Galaxy logo on it.. Leaving only the Leather Vest and speedos for me to wear.. But while Dave was laughing at me I looked at him and said "At least if they kill me I die with my dignity and self respect in tact."

So after our captors provided us with what Luke described as a "puddle of gruel for food" we were being moved in a van. Fortunately none of us tried to escape. Truly the bugs or bug did us a huge favor. I mean killing a couple of our captors and enabling us to escape was rather decent of them. Even if it wasn't intentional.

Once outside the van I found some shoes on a guy that fit me. So taking them and the socks we fled off into the woods.. Dave managed to grab a gun from one of the fallen guards and fired a few shots hitting a bug that was in pursuit of us..

After he slew the thing and we came to a spot to rest I performed a psychic diagnosis on him. Wanted to make sure he didn't have any sort of disease or infection or any kind of eggs laid into him from the bug.. Hey ya can never be too sure.. Fortunately he was fine. A bit hurt but nothing too bad.

I was the guy who went to sleep. Lets just say awaking to gunfire is more than enough to startle someone. Fortunately it wasn't anything serious.. Also after we agreed to set up a watch. I took the last one and opted to wake the others when I felt it was time with a shot gun blast.. Hey we didn't have alarm clocks and I didn't feel like going over to each and every person and waking them..

I did manage to score some good stuff from the wagon. Specifically a pair of pants and a shirt. So that worked out pretty well. Also managed to get some other items from the abandoned stores. Ace and Dave really did the most in taking out the two cops that showed up.. Also at their approach Jameous sensed them coming.. So he's got some sort of unique ability kinda like spiderman.. (His bug/cockroach sense is tingling)

Upon getting to the town Dave starts talking to the two bikers who have opted to charge a toll for entrance to the town. Realizing that Dave was the wrong person to talk his way past the guards I hopped out of the van that Moe had repaired back by the abandoned stores. I managed to convince the guys to let us into the town in exchange for a mostly empty bottle of vodka I found back at a bar near the abandoned stores.. Which is a pretty decent deal on my part since if they opted to inspect the van that was behind the stolen cop car Dave was driving they would have found a lot of valuable goods for trade, including a full keg of beer.

I negotiated a pretty decent deal for supplies for the group with the owner of the trading post. Essentially getting the group the gear we need to make it to the bunker Jameous has in Rochester NH. The only thing we really don't have is gasoline, but I was working on that.

After that a couple of the biker guys came to me asking if I had any more booze. I told them I might be able to get some in exchange for gasoline. They thought it was a decent offer and took off, supposedly looking for some gas to trade with me..

Personally I thought things were going pretty well.. Sure this town seemed like it was having some troubles, but than again what town wouldn't be having some troubles every now and again. Considering that there was an inn and tavern near the trade post I decided that would be a decent place to clean up and spend the evening.

Going in I chatted with the owner and worked out an exchange for about 20 lbs of bear meat for food and lodgings. For some reason Moe decided that the two bikers in the place who were just sitting and drinking really needed to die. So he has the owner hand him a bottle and he starts screwing it onto the end of his gun.. Myself I have no idea that he's making a home made silencer and had even less of an idea that he was gonna turn and shoot the two bikers who were sitting in the place..

So after Moe kills one and Dave ends smacking the other into unconsciousness with the but of his gun and slitting his throat I opt to go check out the B&B since that was the only lead I had as to finding out what was going on..

I stopped only to shave.The B&B owner is some old geezer who looks like he's about to drop dead any minute. So that he's been able to live this long says he's doing something right. It is from him that I learn about the gang kidnapping the women and children of the town and holding them hostage.. The old dude tells me that every couple of weeks they bring the hostages into town for a church service. Which I have to admit if your a roving gang of lawless bikers who are into kidnapping, extortion and probably rape, allowing your victims to attend a religious service to pray to God seems mighty liberal of them.

But none the less I have ideas.. First if the guys whom I sent off to look for gas show back up we have a few options..

Option A Make the trade with them and be off and on our way saying good bye to this little town and continue on south.
Option B Kill them, steal their gas and be off before their buddies realize what we've done.
Option C Go after the whole gang and liberate this town from the gang. This means a lot of fighting and probably some injuries on the people in our group..

Unfortunately I was reduced to Option C as Moe and Dave went off killing gang members in the town.. Moe did use his impromptu scilencers and killed a couple more of the gang members at the bar. Which if this was back before the change would be illegal as your not allowed to bait the filed when hunting... Also killing other people is kinda illegal as well.. Dave on the other hand went rolling up to the guards at the gate and unloaded a few shotgun shells into them, getting himself shot in the process..

So getting back into town and hearing the gunshots I catch up with Moe who says "Hey I killed these three but kept it professional and quiet." To which I responded "Yes Moe, you were silent but deadly."

Dave showed up bleeding and Ace gave him first aid.. He was taken inside the Inn and Tavern and I performed both psychic diagnosis on him and than psychic surgery to remove the bullets. Moe held him down while I did this.. Than after the surgery I went down to the Tavern and got him a bottle of vodka for the pain..

After I go with the old guy to the B&B and he has an old freaking cannon from like WWI. That gets brought back into town and I decide that I don't want the van full of the valuables we have being obliterated in the battle that is sure to occur so I move it to the B&B on the far side of town.. After that I get a lift out towards the hide out of the gang. Turns out it's a sort of manor house. I ended up sneaking up to the wall where I decided to wait until the gang heads off to, well I assume kill everyone in the town to avenge their six dead members.

With luck this will get me the chance to get in unseen, kill any guards who are inconveniently near where they are storing their gas and swipe enough to get the hell outta town before they catch up to me..

OH and maybe saving the hostages might be a good thing... But if not, hey it's not like I'm from this town. :P
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

I like what I am seeing so far. Seems like a fun and quirky, albeit gritty, campaign...

...AND it really makes me want to pick up a copy of System Failure.

~ Josh
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Sounds like a fun game. Also Josh stop reading the board and run to the nearist game store to buy yourself a copy. Its a very fun game.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Nearest game store is like 70 miles...

...I'm just gonna UPS it to my house...

~ Josh
LJ
Explorer

Unread post by LJ »

Adventure 1, Part 2

I started the game off with Hobbes' character who had snuck over to enemy base in an old estate house. He waited for the gang to go to the town before climbing over the wall and going inside. While looking around he heard a couple guys complaining about guard duty. He went up to the second floor to check things out and started a small fire and snuck around and waited for someone to notice.

One guy went outside to go get water, so Hobbes just shot him in the back. Hobbes went to retrieve the dude's stuff, but started getting shot at by the other guy. He ran back inside and got into a shootout with one guy. He ended up running into the garage and trying to start another fire by dumping gasoline everywhere. The gang member surrendered after getting shot up, and after giving up all his stuff, Hobbes' executed him.

The last few guards came in and one got killed in a shootout with Hobbes, the other ran away. Hobbes' then freed the captured townsfolk and led them outside. The only vehicle left was a sedan, so he loaded up as many people as possible and went on his way back to the town.

Back in town, the egghead was in no condition to fight, so the Greasemonkey was watching over him in the inn. The survivalist was camped out in the church bell tower, and the Killbilly was making molotovs on the roof of some building. The gang started to come at the town with motorcycles, armored vans, and trucks with loudspeakers blaring a speech reminiscent of Lord Humungous' from the Road Warrior. That's when the Survivalist spotted a couple children strapped to the hoods of the armored vans. He started aiming at the grill of each armored van and succeeded(he got natural 20s both times, which was such a big thing because he botches constantly).

The gang decided to just speed into town and kill everyone they came across. During the random violence, the Greasemonkey set off his big bomb, taking out a few gang members. The Killbilly got into some pretty nasty shootouts and while setting tons of people on fire, got fairly shot up. The Greasemonkey shot a dude in the back, who then went into the bar and waited for some friends to show up before trying to get upstairs. The greasemonkey proceeded to roll furniture down the curved stairwell to slow them down. He also tossed a flaming mattress down there.

The survivalist spotted a truck full of guys headed for the bar that the Greasemonkey was in, and managed to kill the driver. Causing it to crash into the bar. The greasemonkey tried to climb out the window with the Egghead in tow, but was spotted. After getting shot, he shot back, hitting the truck's gas tank, and blowing up the place.

Meanwhile, the Killbilly was still in fairly deep combat with several gang members, including the leader. Also, the Survivalist had heard the doors to the church open and slam shut. Thinking he was found, he went down and camped out by the stairwell door, ready to shoot whomever entered. Some time later he heard that it was just a couple gang members who wanted a place to hide because they didn't really want to fight in the first place. He ended up shooting one in the neck, and the other kept trying to stop the dude from bleeding out. After a bit of a standoff, the Survivalist allowed the guy to surrender to save his friend. He took away their gang jackets and hid them so the guys could blend in with the other people.

With parts of the town and fire, and not seeing many of their friends, the remaining gang members decided to get out of there.

With the streets all quiet, the Greasemonkey and Killbilly started looking around and looting the gang's corpses. Some of the townsfolk started leaving their homes to put out the fires, and the guys were like, "Ooooh yeah, we should help".

Hobbes came back into town with some of the people and helped to set up a clinic in the Church. The killbilly went out to pick up the rest. The greasemonkey went to check out the disabled vans, but found they were booby trapped. He ended up setting off one of them.
ECHO Member
LJ
Explorer

Unread post by LJ »

Okay, started off the adventure where the last one ended, with one addition. A friend came over for the weekend, so he made a sawbones with the ex-athlete background to join in.

I added him into the adventure by having him in his white Ford Bronco in a low-speed chase with bugged-cops, he ended up going off the road because of bad driving rolls and ended up rolling it around. While this was going on, most of the PCs made their way to the area, except the survivalist who went back up to the church bell tower to fire at the bugged cop cars. After rescuing the Sawbones he introduced himself and that he was part of the Medical Corp for the Wolverines(the group in my old campaign, whose notes are somewhere on the forum).

He healed up the Egghead and Killbilly a bit, while the old man in town asked the PCs to deal with the bugged highway patrol station. The PCs said they'd think about it, but decided that they'd want to head to the Survivalist's bunker. The bunker is in an area that is somewhat bugged, so along the way they ran into a group of Army Ants. The Egghead and Killbilly got pretty messed up, as well as the Greasemonkey. The Killbilly almost died from the Egghead accidentally shooting him. All the vehicles got fairly heavily shot up as well. The Sawbones stabilized and healed them up a little bit, but just enough to continue the journey.

They eventually made it back to the Survivalist's bunker, and he found out that his family was not there. A note dating to shortly after he was captured had said that they went out to look for them.
ECHO Member
LJ
Explorer

Unread post by LJ »

GMed again today, last time for a while because of finals and stuff.

The party started off at the Survivalist's bunker, and they did not want the sawbones to leave because they still needed healing, and he knew where the bunker was. The survivalist went out alone to scavenge around some of garages in the area and almost got killed by a gang wielding crossbows. The freebooter came out to remove the 10 or so crossbow bolts from him, along with the sawbones in tow. They found some stuff, but barely took anything.

They rested up for a week or so, that way everyone could heal. The Greasemonkey and Killbilly worked on the busted vehicles during this time.

The Freebooter went out to sneak around the nearby town and spotted some silkworm zombie patrols, who eventually spotted him. After evading them for a while, he radioed the guys to help him. During that time, the other guys decided to try and head to a nearby National Guard base. They got spotted by some bees and tried to outrun them when they ran into a HummV, and got shot up pretty good. Their car was totaled, but they managed to take out the driver. However the gunner was still good, and proceeded to mess them up. The Egghead managed to get away from the car for some other cover, the Greasemonkey, Freebooter, and Killbilly all got taken down hard. The Sawbones managed to stabilize them, while the Survivalist tried to deal with the gunner and the other silkworm zombies. After exchanging shots, the silkworm zombies tossed in some tear gas, which the survivalist and egghead used as cover to try and get into a better position. The survivalist got spotted by the Killer bees and shot up, and the greasemonkey was knocked unconscious while killing a zombie.

The Egghead managed to get into the woods and cap the driver, and ran for the machinegun while the bees came in on him. He tried to mow them down, but they shot him down.

And it ended in ambiguity.
ECHO Member

Return to “Systems Failure™”