Charactors and mecha

Here you can discuss rules related questions pertaining to the Robotech RPG Tactics™ game. Do you have your own rules modifications to share? Constructive suggestions for future rules expansion? Talk about them here!

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Charactors and mecha

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Ok, if I decide to get Roy Fokker(30 points), do I need to get the VF-1S(30 points) also, as an add on to a squad core card, or does Roy just come with the VF and I don't have to spend points on getting the 1S. In other words, do characters "replace" a mecha you already have, or do you add an extra mecha/character to your forces. I hope this is clear.
Mindwarp
D-Bee

Re: Charactors and mecha

Unread post by Mindwarp »

Characters are an upgrade to an existing mecha. To get Roy, you need to have a VF-1S already bought for him to pilot. So Roy has a total cost of 60 points - 30 for the VF-1S and 30 for Roy.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Mindwarp wrote:Characters are an upgrade to an existing mecha. To get Roy, you need to have a VF-1S already bought for him to pilot. So Roy has a total cost of 60 points - 30 for the VF-1S and 30 for Roy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
soulcleave
Newb

Unread post by soulcleave »

Followup Question?

Is a Special Character also a Special Card (i.e.you must have 2 core cards in your force. for each core card you can have 1 special and 2 add-ons. Will Roy count as the two special cards, Roy and the VF-1S, or just the VF-1S?
WilhelmRochRedDuke
D-Bee

Unread post by WilhelmRochRedDuke »

Just the VF-1S - Characters do not count towards specials

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion”