Zentraedi Veterans

Here you can discuss rules related questions pertaining to the Robotech RPG Tactics™ game. Do you have your own rules modifications to share? Constructive suggestions for future rules expansion? Talk about them here!

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lawn Dart
Newb

Zentraedi Veterans

Unread post by Lawn Dart »

How does the Zentraedi Veteran ability work when there are artillery pods in the same squad? The artillery squad and the artillery add-ons don't seem to have the option to buy them as veterans as the normal regult squads and add-ons do. Is this just an oversight, and should their be a cost in upgrading the artillery members of a squad to vets?
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: Zentraedi Veterans

Unread post by Phaze »

Nope...no option to be Vets for the arty pods. They got enough hurt as it is.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Malcontent-Khyron
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Malcontent-Khyron »

And to clarify The points cost on any force card to upgrade to veteran. Only applies to the units on that force card, Not anything attached. I'm sure you've already figured that out but it bears repeating.
Why are they using such primative weapons?
PATACK
D-Bee

Unread post by PATACK »

"Only applies to the units on that force card, Not anything attached. I'm sure you've already figured that out but it bears repeating."

I thought there was another thread on this that said you MUST upgrade a standard Regult squad if attached to a Squadron that had been upgraded? Maybe I misread that, but I thought that was the ruling.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

PATACK wrote:"Only applies to the units on that force card, Not anything attached. I'm sure you've already figured that out but it bears repeating."

I thought there was another thread on this that said you MUST upgrade a standard Regult squad if attached to a Squadron that had been upgraded? Maybe I misread that, but I thought that was the ruling.

Yes, if the option card has the same upgrade as the core card (say veteran for the attrition core squad and veteran for a 6 battlepod option), then you must pay for the upgrade for both cards. If the option card doesn't have the same upgrade (Veteran for the attrition core squad, an an arty option card that does not have the veteran option) then you can only upgrade the core card. The option card (in this case the arty pods) would not have the benefit of 'veteran' status.

clear?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
tdumontelle
D-Bee

Unread post by tdumontelle »

Quick add-on question: As veteran status changes the gunnery skill of a pod, does that also change the number allowed or needed to be in formation. At Gun/1 they just need two pods, but with veterans Gun/2, it would need a minimum of 3 pods?
warmaster21
D-Bee

Unread post by warmaster21 »

tdumontelle wrote:Quick add-on question: As veteran status changes the gunnery skill of a pod, does that also change the number allowed or needed to be in formation. At Gun/1 they just need two pods, but with veterans Gun/2, it would need a minimum of 3 pods?

they would need 3 pods to claim the +1 gunnery bonus, but could still be in close formation with just 2.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

warmaster21 wrote:
tdumontelle wrote:Quick add-on question: As veteran status changes the gunnery skill of a pod, does that also change the number allowed or needed to be in formation. At Gun/1 they just need two pods, but with veterans Gun/2, it would need a minimum of 3 pods?

they would need 3 pods to claim the +1 gunnery bonus, but could still be in close formation with just 2.

Ok, I see the logic in the statement...but just to clarify: Yes, you would need three pods to gain the +1 to attack per close formation with vet pods 2 gunnery. But two pods would could still be in close formation to evenly spread the damage if they were 2 inches away from each other.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion”