Custom Pilot Units ver. 2.0

Here you can discuss rules related questions pertaining to the Robotech RPG Tactics™ game. Do you have your own rules modifications to share? Constructive suggestions for future rules expansion? Talk about them here!

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaiusHarlock
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by GaiusHarlock »

in my earlier attempt I failed to see the biggest problem is it actually gave someone the way to put lots of forces on the table cheaply... with that in mind I have REFINED the process and brought it more in line with the spirit of the game....

Step 1, select your core force card in this example I will use the Valkyrie Squadron Core Force Card
1 VF-1J and 3 VF-1A's barebones 80 points
Step 2, Select a Special if you plan to use a special then follow the directions as follows

the VF-1J is an obvious Squad Leader and would be allowed to purchase 1 Major and 2 Minor advances (just because you CAN by the Advances does not mean you have to)

the VF-1A's are squadmates and would be allowed to purchase 1 Minor Advance
(major and Minor Advances can be found in the Robotech RPG Tactics rulebook pg.94)
so lets just say for the sake of argument that the J bought the Major and 2 Minor Advances(45 points),
and the 1A's all bought the minor advance (5 points each 15 points total) that would work out like this in the math

Valkyrie Squadron Core Force Card
1 VF-1J and 3 VF-1A's barebones: 80 points
VF-1J, 1 Major, 2 Minor Advance: 45 points
VF-1A's, 1 Minor Advance (5 pts each): 15 points
Total Core Force Card Cost: 140 points
(if you do not take the Advance you do not spend the points this example is based on taking the advances)
I could restrict this further by stating that the total points taken in advances cannot cost more than the core force card)

nothing has changed its just pilots to put in the mecha and for that it costs points I made it as simple as I could....
and this all happens BEFORE you add Specials and Support or Built In Upgrades.

now for Specials and Support I had to do something a little differently
Specials: as you only get a maximum of 1 per core force card
1. If the Special includes a mecha then that Mecha will have the ability to purchase 2 Major and 4 Minor Advances.
if the special does NOT include a mecha (Command Destroid Upgrade) then that mecha may purchase 1 Major and 2 Minor Advances

Support cards do not grant any advances at all with or without a mecha

that's as simple as I can make it based on the rulebook I have in front of me and my Core Forces Cards and models....

building a force now would be

Step 1 Select Core Force Card
Step 2 Specials (optional)
Step 3 Purchase Advances (optional) this is where Custom Pilot Units ver. 2.0 comes in
Step 4 Support (optional)

so any thoughts or opinions...
Malcontent-Khyron
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Custom Pilot Units ver. 2.0

Unread post by Malcontent-Khyron »

I agree to some extent but i definately think custom characters should be reserved for campaigns and moderated events and not used in tourneys.
Why are they using such primative weapons?

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Rules Discussion”