New sheets!!!!!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

Nice to see Perception make a return to the Palladium system.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

the speed is broeken down in to MPH... the per Melee.. the per attack...

PCC is listed seperatly fomr the Occupation.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I think they are a joke...I will just be honest.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

pblackcrow wrote:I think they are a joke...I will just be honest.

If it is.. its one of them aweful jokes that will just turn fans off...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Look on the 2nd sheet, top left area under (or around) the word psionics.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

The Deific NMI wrote:Look on the 2nd sheet, top left area under (or around) the word psionics.

the Mutlipliers?
Scrutiny... and Investogating... Maybe Psionics cost more when a norm is watching?
Lesser
Greater
Anchinet....
who knows... (well.. KS dose)
pblackcrow
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

If it is.. its one of them aweful jokes that will just turn fans off...

True...I sent Wayne Smith an 2 e-mails about changing them...Hope he gets them, BEFORE THEY SHIP IT TO THE PRINTERS.

Heck, there is not even a place to put Spells, etc. They look like they were just thrown together.

Their one redeaming quality to me is they've finally got the perception on there. But frankly, that's it.

I don't mean to down the guys at PB. They are better then the first editions. MUCH BETTER! But still sorely lacking.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Wow that is a very nice eloquent description of what you don't like about them. Thanks for the detailed review of the sheets. :nh:
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

pblackcrow wrote:True...I sent Wayne Smith an 2 e-mails about changing them...Hope he gets them, BEFORE THEY SHIP IT TO THE PRINTERS.

Heck, there is not even a place to put Spells, etc. They look like they were just thrown together.

Their one redeaming quality to me is they've finally got the perception on there. But frankly, that's it.

I don't mean to down the guys at PB. They are better then the first editions. MUCH BETTER! But still sorely lacking.

I would be interested to know what you hate about the sheets. I mean, something more helpful than, "Those suck! Here, use mine instead," which is basically all I've gotten from you so far.

There's no spot for spells, that's true. Perhaps I should do a separate back sheet for Arcanists, as the one online now is clearly for psychics.

But so far, that's the only criticism you've given. I've seen others complain about small spaces for writing info, but for Pete's sake, I've already spread out over two pages what many of our sheets in the past have squeezed into one page.

Any actual, constructive criticism?
Wayne Smith
Palladium Books

P.S. - For full disclosure, I must reveal that I created these sheets (they're based on ones I use for other games), so I'm not the most objective critic of them. That's why I'm eager to hear constructive criticism.
pblackcrow
Champion

Very well...As you wish. They aren't the "fill in" sheets, they do not have the full list of saves, they don't have near enough room for equipment (take a look inside a ladies pocket book...They are deminsional pockets all on their own) :lol: , don't have near enough contacts. They don't give range, duration, saving throw, or description on the psionics.

I want room on here for everything on here that I could possably need or use. Not on 2 pages either, but on 6 or more. The 2nd page is actually okay. As far as that goes. Except for the contacts. Which are rather slim pickings. But look at it, then look at mine. Actually tinker around with mine.

True, mine is lacking a bit on bonuses and stuff like that. Use mine as a guide line if you wish.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

And also, please let me say that I am sorry for being so brash.

A friend and I did the character sheets, because the Rifts sheets were sort of lacking on the same areas.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

pblackcrow wrote:True, mine is lacking a bit on bonuses and stuff like that. Use mine as a guide line if you wish.

Where are yours? I would like to take a look and see what it is you are talking about and compare.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
pblackcrow
Champion

Rali wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:True, mine is lacking a bit on bonuses and stuff like that. Use mine as a guide line if you wish.

Where are yours? I would like to take a look and see what it is you are talking about and compare.

I have e-mailed you them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

pblackcrow
Champion

Zachary The First wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:
Rali wrote:

I have e-mailed you them.

I'm always up for a good char. sheet. Mind sharing?

I'm e-mailing now...keep in mind it is made for rifts, it will require a maximum of 1 hour worth of work to convert it. I am open for comments.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Thank you. My friend did most of the work...I mostly advised and orginized. I wish I had the editing soft wear to fix it up for BtS.

But I haven't heard from him or anything in past year, I think he went to Iraq. Heck, now I don't even remember his name on the board. This sucks.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Which they will now probably claim that since I didn't actually work on them, that they can't use them w/o the authors go ahead. Yet you can use them to draw upon for insperation. :P
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

These do show some interesting things. I thank Wayne for the preview.

I do have to say that I almost never use any pre-printed sheets. I know that pblackcrow thinks he's the bomb-diggity, but I promise that I will like my own better than his. That's just how it is.

For a two-page sheet, I think the one that is posted is great. To give a general note, I like to have all of my basic info and character background on one page, and my stats on another. That way everything I need for rolling and such is right in front of me. But then again, I go the extra mile with that, noting on the front page the damage, range, bonuses, and all other total stats associated with my weapons and such, all in one place so I don't have to total things up as I go. I wouldn't expect a canon sheet to have that sort of thing on it.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
pblackcrow
Champion

I do not think that I am anyones better. But if that is how I have come off on this, I am sorry.

And yes, for a 2 pager it is ok, but it is still lacking so much. I was trying to be helpful and suggest changing ours. But then again, I can't legally do that, as I only helped him design these. even though they do not mention any names, etc...So, I have retracted that statement. And say use them as insperation. If he does, I will be surprised.

It's been fun, but I really need SLEEP.

Good night everyone. :sleep:
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

One question about the new sheets...

Maybe I missed it, but where do you put your character's NAME?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Killer Cyborg wrote:One question about the new sheets...

Maybe I missed it, but where do you put your character's NAME?

In between the line for the player's name and the character's nickname/alias (front page top left).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”