Types of Game

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I either use an Agency, a small one, or I just have them roll up Normal Humans and have them stumble into things.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Lazlo Kid
Wanderer

Unread post by Lazlo Kid »

I do use secret societies, but I tend to create my own as opposed to using anything with a historical or real world precedence. I've even done an FBI version based on the X-files. It's whatver works best for the players and the concept of the story we're trying to tell.
Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom: "No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less."
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I've done a bit of everything. Secret societies, agencies, group that just comes together. My most memoriable one was when a group was swer workers. And found a mage and 12 menions who was controling rodents. That was a very different game. I had just raised the to hit roll up to 10+ and some other rules changes.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

I recently finished the initial planning for a BtS game in which the players play a group of social misfits running an independent paranormal magazine. It isn't an agency, as such, but does have shared resources. They have an HQ (in which one of the freeloading ne'er-do-well characters lives), a van to get around in, and a lot of equipment that can be shared, mostly for investigative purposes. In this game it is the character's job to investigate and substantiate the existence of the paranormal, and to write their magazine about it.

Long Live the Lone Gunmen!

not even a killer death plague can keep them down!
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”