Boxed Nightmares

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Boxed Nightmares

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

They are releasing this again for a limited time for the Christmas Season. I ordered it. Is it any good?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Boxed Nightmares

Unread post by Warshield73 »

It is INCREDIBLY dated but I enjoyed reading it a few years ago and I did mine it for several ideas. I think if you enjoy BTS and don't mind that it is old rules it is well worth the purchase.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

I pretty much get the books to mine them for ideas myself.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:They are releasing this again for a limited time for the Christmas Season. I ordered it. Is it any good?

Its one of my personal favorite books (the included tabloid paper alone is worth the cost). Even when you consider the dated materials (that can be easily modified/updated), its a great resource.

P.S. Future sourcebooks and BTS projects of mine WILL reference this book, so its a good idea to have a copy. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

mrloucifer wrote:Future sourcebooks and BTS projects of mine WILL reference this book, so its a good idea to have a copy. :)
Good to know.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well mrlouclfer I hope you tell us what happed to the After MinNight,s crew?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

gaby wrote:Well mrlouclfer I hope you tell us what happed to the After MinNight,s crew?

Perhaps. New faces mixing in with old, some retired, one is missing... all that good stuff. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It is something to have if you are a collector that have to complete the set.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:It is something to have if you are a collector that have to complete the set.

Nope, I just look for ideas for my games in all the settings that are compatible with Heroes Unlimited. Hopefully this has monsters and adventure ideas for my games.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”