Soul hounds Rifter 65

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prodigy
Explorer

Soul hounds Rifter 65

Unread post by Prodigy »

The Soul Hound in Rifter 65 are a great addition (I know I’m late) but they do not have a damage listing in the stats. Can anyone help?
sine yo pity on da runny kind
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Soul hounds Rifter 65

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Just checked, looks like they forgot to put that in there. Weird. The article's author, Anthony Uyl, may know, if they see this. Otherwise I would use the normal Dog Bite & Nails damage stats.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

BookWyrm wrote:Just checked, looks like they forgot to put that in there. Weird. The article's author, Anthony Uyl, may know, if they see this. Otherwise I would use the normal Dog Bite & Nails damage stats.

Thanks BookWyrm
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

BookWyrm wrote:Just checked, looks like they forgot to put that in there. Weird. The article's author, Anthony Uyl, may know, if they see this. Otherwise I would use the normal Dog Bite & Nails damage stats.

Question, shouldn't this creature have supernatural strength? If it does then you can use the damage rules on Page 134-135 of BTS 2e, which is what it says for the Soul Merchant. If you think it has normal strength then maybe use normal dog bite and claws but add the PS bonus.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I know Anthony (and gave him a few pointers with this article), I'll ask him what it should be.

Until then, this is a x2 threat level creature with no note of having Supernatural P.S., so I would go with normal bite/claw/leap attack damage.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Prodigy wrote:

Thanks BookWyrm

Glad I could help.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

mrloucifer wrote:I know Anthony (and gave him a few pointers with this article), I'll ask him what it should be.

Until then, this is a x2 threat level creature with no note of having Supernatural P.S., so I would go with normal bite/claw/leap attack damage.

I hadn't noticed the difference in threat level, so normal damage with PS bonus added in for these guys.

Separate question but is there a rule that if you are facing a group of X2 threats that the threat level goes up?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Warshield73 wrote:I hadn't noticed the difference in threat level, so normal damage with PS bonus added in for these guys.

I confirmed this with Anthony. Normal damage and P.S. damage bonus for these puppies.
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer

Warshield73 wrote:Separate question but is there a rule that if you are facing a group of X2 threats that the threat level goes up?

There are loose rules to increasing the threat level on page 31 if memory serves. I will usually increase threat levels when creatures attack in larger numbers/packs/etc.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

mrloucifer wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:I hadn't noticed the difference in threat level, so normal damage with PS bonus added in for these guys.

I confirmed this with Anthony. Normal damage and P.S. damage bonus for these puppies.

Many thanks sir

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”