why does the Victim OCC have a low Physical Beauty?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

why does the Victim OCC have a low Physical Beauty?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Only just noticed this on pg 194 of 1st edition, PB is always 2D6 regardless of what age group.

This is a pattern we see for other attributes (only 3D6 seems to be Spd for teens) but it seems odd, why can't you have attractive victims? That's the classic damsel trope.
Jasper
Explorer

Re: why does the Victim OCC have a low Physical Beauty?

Unread post by Jasper »

It's the classic damsel trope for Hollywood and other forms of entertainment. Monsters might find any human just as tasty though.
zombietots
D-Bee

Unread post by zombietots »

Shoot, why does the Genius get a bonus to P.B.? There NERDS!!! as Ogre would say.
"I Love Lamp!" Read more Galaxy's Edge and Forgotten Ruins by Nick Cole and Jason Anspach Frickin' awesome series of books
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Axelmania wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:01 pm Only just noticed this on pg 194 of 1st edition, PB is always 2D6 regardless of what age group.

This is a pattern we see for other attributes (only 3D6 seems to be Spd for teens) but it seems odd, why can't you have attractive victims? That's the classic damsel trope.
Not Really a job char class, and more a character concept template.

Part of a person's Beauty is due to their personality. And being a perpetual victim the char will not take tip top care of themself.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:07 pm
Axelmania wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:01 pm Only just noticed this on pg 194 of 1st edition, PB is always 2D6 regardless of what age group.

Not Really a job char class, and more a character concept template.

Part of a person's Beauty is due to their personality. And being a perpetual victim the char will not take tip top care of themself.
I don't know, Daphne was pretty hot...although I was always more partial to Velma... :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

green.nova343 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:48 am I don't know, Daphne was pretty hot...although I was always more partial to Velma... :D
Nether of these mentioned characters were victim characters.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Mine says
Most of the Victim player character's attributes are rolled on 2D6 regardless of age (remember, infants and toddlers are not player characters).
It's that way because Victims aren't supposed to be as good as Player Characters. And a 12 is still attractive but I would think that if the GM wanted their Victim to be more attractive they could do so.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"Okay, you're in a group of NPCs. Bob is PB 10, Gilda is 7, Marcus is 8, Rita is an 18....who dies first?"

Actually, this reminds me of the cartoon of the South Seas islanders sacrificing a virgin to their volcano god. Initially they tie the village beauty to the stake, think again about it, and swap her out for the ugliest villager.

This ploy backfires in a Jack Vance 'Dying Earth' story, where a stranger to a village gets captured and told to select a female companion from a line-up to accompany him up a mountain, He selects the one who seems to have put the most effort into appearing ugly...turns out, as he suspects, they're being sacrificed to a demon inhabiting the mountain, and the one he chose is the village chief's daughter.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”