Looking for rules on fire

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Looking for rules on fire

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Greetings and salutations,

I'm working on the "Creature Feature" sourcebook and I've realized that there needs to be some rules concerning fire mentioned in. The fire-walker has some info, and the core Dead Reign book has some details, but there has to be more out there. Trouble is, I don't recall entirely where I can find these rules in the various Palladium Books.

But I bet a lot of you do.

So I'm putting out a request for help on location sources that talks about fire, damage it does, how fast it spreads... any and all resources are appreciated!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Looking for rules on fire

Unread post by Jack Burton »

mrloucifer wrote:Greetings and salutations,

I'm working on the "Creature Feature" sourcebook and I've realized that there needs to be some rules concerning fire mentioned in. The fire-walker has some info, and the core Dead Reign book has some details, but there has to be more out there. Trouble is, I don't recall entirely where I can find these rules in the various Palladium Books.

But I bet a lot of you do.

So I'm putting out a request for help on location sources that talks about fire, damage it does, how fast it spreads... any and all resources are appreciated!

Hey! I found:

HU 2
Page 84 under Vehicle Control & Combat: "98-00 Roll and Burn! The vehicle goes completely out of control and rolls over 1D6 times. Vehicle takes double damage, occupants take normal damage. In 1D10 melee rounds the vehicle fuel tank will explode, doing 1D6x10 damage to anyone still inside the vehicle. The resulting fire will torch anyone trapped inside, doing 4D6 damage per melee round.

Page 241 details Alter Physical Structure: Fire and gives different damage for different exposures to heat/fire

Page 259 details Control Elemental Force: Fire and also assigns the damage one takes when walking through a wall of flame as 4D6, but doesn't mention much else

Page 269 gives various descriptions of fire and melted substances which may help

Page 323 details damage taken from a fire if Ignite Fire spell is used

Page 341: Molotov Cocktail: A classic incendiary weapon, since it is so easy to make from commonly available materials. Range Thrown: 30 feet (9. 1 m). Damage: 3D6 damage - up to a 1 2 foot (3.6 m) area. Burns for 4 melee rounds. Cost: Negligible.

BtS2
Page 93 details damage people take if they walk through Circle of Fire - maybe not a good example since it's supernatural fire

Hope those help a little

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”