Anybody redesigned the BTS2 OCCs for regular ISP?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Anybody redesigned the BTS2 OCCs for regular ISP?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

The exploding ISP pool in response to a supernatural threat is an interesting conceit for the BTS2. It preserves the lack of laboratory duplication, but allows enough power to address a supernatural threat.

But has anybody converted these OCCs into a more Megaversal format? There are a lot of characters here that could be fun to play in Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Nightbane, or even Systems Failure or N&SS.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Anybody redesigned the BTS2 OCCs for regular ISP?

Unread post by eliakon »

thorr-kan wrote:The exploding ISP pool in response to a supernatural threat is an interesting conceit for the BTS2. It preserves the lack of laboratory duplication, but allows enough power to address a supernatural threat.

But has anybody converted these OCCs into a more Megaversal format? There are a lot of characters here that could be fun to play in Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Nightbane, or even Systems Failure or N&SS.

My rule of thumb has been to quadruple the base.
This has worked fairly well for running BTS2 survivors in CE.

For N&SS I would probably times it by 2 and halve the ISP of other PCCs. Just like the PPE of the N&SS OCCs is pretty low.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Slight001
Hero

Re: Anybody redesigned the BTS2 OCCs for regular ISP?

Unread post by Slight001 »

Last time I saw a BTS2 O.C.C. in another setting it was a BTS2 character rifted to Post-Rifts Earth and IIRC their 'power level' was always at a heightened level, something like one step below the maximum, or perhaps just a few levels above base... it's been a... rather long while..., to allow for a jump in the presence of a layline, nexus, supernatural threat... that sort of stuff.

IIRC the justification was the increased 'background' level of magic in the Rifts setting was acting as the trigger for the character. I'd imagine the same could be applied to the other settings.

I hardly remember the BTS2 rules regarding the 'power' jump. Why would it be a problem to retain it as is? From what my memory can conjure up I don't recall an obvious issue to this somewhat unique mechanic that would could a problem in another setting. Or is it the lack power in the face of the mundane?
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”