My Simple Update of the 1st Ed Arcanist to 2nd Ed.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

My Simple Update of the 1st Ed Arcanist to 2nd Ed.

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Update is Super Simple the O.C.C. stays the (except adding in the Common Skills if needed).
The only difference is P.P.E. which should be changed to 2D6+6 plus 1D6 per level of experience starting at Level 2. and I.S.P remains 0 (Zero). The proximity to Supernatural multipliers are the same Standard Multipliers as for most P.C.C.'s (x2, x4 ,x8, x10; also the same standard multipliers for being at a Lay Line or Lay Line Nexus or other Supernatural Place of Power) That's It!!!

I know someone else also posted something slightly similar somewhere, but is a little bit different than this version presented here with the P.P.E. totals.
I feel my version works well because The Archanist NPC Characters like those presented in Boxed Nightmares(ie. The Arcanist Thief and Arcanist Assassin) don't really need much conversion, actually hardly any at all, for it allows them to keep their Base P.P.E. Totals as presented in that book(they are only a couple to a few points over the possible Max. For the updated Arcanist so No biggie). Hope you like and consider using this Super Simple conversation.

I hope Palladium will Use something similar for when the Arcane Sourcebook Finally comes out.
I hope they Include a Mystic Character Class similar to the one in Palladium Fantasy Rpg and Rifts Rpg.

I also Hope when Tomb Grotesque finally comes out they Include some "Real" Aliens like the Grey's. Not just a Supernatural "Alien Entity" that is similar to the other Supernatural Entities, like the Poltergeists and Haunting Entities as presented in Bts 1st Edition. Btw Have you Ever Noticed The Uteni Aliens from Phase World Resemble Grey's and possibly could be converted and used as a substitute for such. Perhaps the Roswell Crash was really of a FireEater/Fire Spitter Attack Ship/Space Fighter but converted to a Three Being Scout Ship. Maybe it had a Rift Jump Drive That Malfunctioned causing them to crash on Earth while on a Mission to Scout Out Advanced enough Civilizations to sell Naruni Enterprises wares to.
I think it would be cool to be able to give Bts 2nd. Ed. more of a X-Files type feel and on occasion a comedic Ghostbusters type feel as well.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Re: My Simple Update of the 1st Ed Arcanist to 2nd Ed.

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Scorpion Leader wrote:Update is Super Simple the O.C.C. stays the (except adding in the Common Skills if needed).
The only difference is P.P.E. which should be changed to 2D6+6 plus 1D6 per level of experience starting at Level 2. and I.S.P remains 0 (Zero). The proximity to Supernatural multipliers are the same Standard Multipliers as for most P.C.C.'s (x2, x4 ,x8, x10; also the same standard multipliers for being at a Lay Line or Lay Line Nexus or other Supernatural Place of Power) That's It!!!

I know someone else also posted something slightly similar somewhere, but is a little bit different than this version presented here with the P.P.E. totals.
I feel my version works well because The Archanist NPC Characters like those presented in Boxed Nightmares(ie. The Arcanist Thief and Arcanist Assassin) don't really need much conversion, actually hardly any at all, for it allows them to keep their Base P.P.E. Totals as presented in that book(they are only a couple to a few points over the possible Max. For the updated Arcanist so No biggie). Hope you like and consider using this Super Simple conversation.

I hope Palladium will Use something similar for when the Arcane Sourcebook Finally comes out.
I hope they Include a Mystic Character Class similar to the one in Palladium Fantasy Rpg and Rifts Rpg.

I also Hope when Tomb Grotesque finally comes out they Include some "Real" Aliens like the Grey's. Not just a Supernatural "Alien Entity" that is similar to the other Supernatural Entities, like the Poltergeists and Haunting Entities as presented in Bts 1st Edition. Btw Have you Ever Noticed The Uteni Aliens from Phase World Resemble Grey's and possibly could be converted and used as a substitute for such. Perhaps the Roswell Crash was really of a FireEater/Fire Spitter Attack Ship/Space Fighter but converted to a Three Being Scout Ship. Maybe it had a Rift Jump Drive That Malfunctioned causing them to crash on Earth while on a Mission to Scout Out Advanced enough Civilizations to sell Naruni Enterprises wares to.
I think it would be cool to be able to give Bts 2nd. Ed. more of a X-Files type feel and on occasion a comedic Ghostbusters type feel as well.

If you would like your Arcanist to have a Regular Occupation/Secret Identity then pick an appropriate OCC Occupation or randomly roll for one. However You Get No Elective Skill choices Zero!! But you still get Secondary Skill Choices (Please Note:The later may be subject to change).
The Best Suited Occupations for the Arcanist would be Shop Owner, Stage Magician, Psychic (a.k.a. Paranormal) Investigator, or Private Eye to name a few and the Best Suited to the Arcanist O.C.C.; That's all there is to it!!
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Re: My Simple Update of the 1st Ed Arcanist to 2nd Ed.

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

yeah the only thing left out is really how to handle skills, granted is been some time sinse I cract the cover on my first edition book, but I dont remember if they used the skill program and education level that alot of first edition games used... which gave you really skill havey PCs when converting to something that used OCCS/PCC/RCC ect
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”