My players did several oopsy. MAJORLY!!!

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

My players did several oopsy. MAJORLY!!!

Unread post by pblackcrow »

In a time travel game, in their first stop they accidentally killed the Emperor Constantine, in stopping a would be assassin. With a cote revolver. Before he becomes a Christian. Goes back further in time, stop the bad guys but are caught and thrown into the arena (and wind up giving the Romans the plans for the yoke and harness, also how to make steal, how to fold steal, plans for the loom, the first singer sewing machine that was foot powered, a spinning wheel, the bicycle, and information about a train and how to build one, middle age waterwheel designs, assembly lines, water powered factories, etc), and then the players get loose and defeat and kill Spartacus in the arena...They didn't understand the sign for life was thumbs down...which stands for bury your sword in the sand. They are of course all dead now.

So now...the whole timeline is more or less screwed. And I have no idea how to proceed with the new time line or what to do. :?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: My players did several oopsy. MAJORLY!!!

Unread post by auyl »

Supernatural intervention to set everything right again? That's about all you could do to restart the world back to normal or you could run with what your players have done and write up a new earth and maybe cross over some Rifts stuff to reflect the new more advanced tech. Of course this would now make it more Rifts than BTS, but the way the game ended up pretty much let this happen.
pblackcrow
Champion

Yes, but the players are rather bent on seeing what the world will be like.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

pblackcrow wrote:Yes, but the players are rather bent on seeing what the world will be like.

At this point, if you HAVE to keep running this game, you can pretty much make up whatever you want to.

Then again, if you want to bail on the game, you could always have the P.C.'s disappearing due to rewriting things so much that the butterfly effect has caught up with them and their ancestors perished, meaning that none of them would have existed.
This creates a paradox as if they didn't exist, they couldn't have rewritten history, and it all revers to the default world we know.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
pblackcrow
Champion

Um actually, I thought about doing a temporal dimensional split caused by all that happened in that game. And have people spilling over into this dimension, at random interval mind you.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

pblackcrow wrote:Um actually, I thought about doing a temporal dimensional split caused by all that happened in that game. And have people spilling over into this dimension, at random interval mind you.

Hallucinating visions might be fun too... they could all wake up in the mental institution, doomed to keep revisiting the bizarro world. During their time in the nut house, they could try to deduct the mystery of whats making them all travel back and forth. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
pblackcrow
Champion

I am not going to be that kind.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”