HANDY DANDY Random Adventure Generator 60+ Wicked Adventures

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

HANDY DANDY Random Adventure Generator 60+ Wicked Adventures

Unread post by Premier »

Well, I figured I would start this off.

"The Handy Dandy Random Adventure Generator For Beyond the Supernatural” written by Chai Gallahun in Rifter#63, is an aid for creating the essential elements to a good, horrific story. Sometimes GMs need a creative push to help them come up with an interesting plot for an adventure or campaign, or maybe they might need to generate a random NPC or location in a pinch. Sometimes players might want an interesting background for their player character, such as a family background or current storyline.

I chose to take elements from the charts to implement into the article's illustration and it worked out very well to capture that BTS atmosphere I was looking for.

The Illustration

The Adventure Story behind the Illustration:
I began to see after randomly picking through the BTS Adventure Generator tables, was a story about "Victoria" the Sleep Walker." Unaware that she subconsciously emits a psionic siren like aura, that makes her nearly irresistible to others (non virgins- all virgins are immune), Victoria, is cursed with a patterned dream trance where she sleepwalks through the cornfields and meadows, fixated on a pair of white moths who represent her and her future lover. As long as she remains fixated on the moths she remains in the dream state, and the things that go bump in the night will not bring harm to her. However…, should anyone else follow her in the moonlight dance or attempt to wake her from her dream causing her to lose sight of the moths, then the crows and the wicked, Ripper-dolls that rise from the shadows will tear them to pieces. Removing Victoria from the town will not deter the crows and Ripper dolls as they are Shadow Shifters. Those that fall under her aura's trance are doomed to try and rescue her and thus becoming butchered victims whose remains are stuffed into the Scarecrows or actually becoming Ripperdolls themselves, living a life of nightmarish torment every time Victoria Dreams. Soon the curse will be passed onto her lover continuing the cycle.

How will poor Victoria be rescued? How many ex-lovers have fallen victim to the fields and become dolls themselves? Is Victoria the only Sleep Walker?

This was fun to create and quite easy using the article and now I pass the baton to the next BTS poster to post a wicked BTS adventure and so on...
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: HANDY DANDY Random Adventure Generator 60+ Wicked Advent

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

:shock: Wow thats some creepy mess right there :shock:

Great job :mrgreen:
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

The HDBTSRAG is (to date) my all time favorite fan created resource. I'm still waiting on my autographed copy of Rifter # 63! I agree with Snake Eyes, one creepy mess indeed.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:The HDBTSRAG is (to date) my all time favorite fan created resource..

GASP! WHAT!?!?!!? After all my hard earned work and hours I've spent on the House of BTS, and this is your favorite!!?!?!
*sobs uncontrollably as he reached for his stash of alcohol and prescription medication*

:P

The HDBTSRAG is indeed an awesome resource, one I've used on several occasions myself. I'm just biased to the House I suppose. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”