Possessions

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Possessions

Unread post by auyl »

Well I just saw "The Conjuring" (which I highly recommend), and it got me thinking: How would you deal with demonic possessions and exorcisms in BTS?

Any thoughts?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Possessions

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Besides the known methods in bts (see page 251-252 of the main for those), I've been working on and kicking around some ideas as I write the "ghost story/Ghost Hunting" source book I'm working on.

So while I cant give too much away, I've been working on some different things, like treating every possession as a unique one, requiring different ways to deal with them (to me, possessions are terrifying and should be treated as such, and so dealing with them and getting familiar with them loses the horror of the unknown in time).

P.S.: I've added the Conjuring to my inspiration list on the house of bts site, but its worth mentioning here that it is indeed a very worthy BTS film. The Warren's are the most realistic paranormal investigators I've ever seen in the movies (the scene with Ed Warren working on an old car was near iconic to me as it pointed out that paranormal Investigators are normal people with other skills, something most other movies on the subject never seem to do.) Oh yeah, its pretty dang creepy as well. :P
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”