Ghost in BTS

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Ghost in BTS

Unread post by kogwar »

So I gotta ask are their ghosts in BTS or are they just entities that copy the trace psychic imprint, and if so does that mean their aren't ghost in rifts?
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Ghost in BTS

Unread post by mrloucifer »

By "ghosts" I'm assuming you mean it in the "disembodied energy of a deceased human being" kind of way.

And no, not as of yet. BUT... I'm working on it for the upcoming ghost story/ghost hunting soursebook for BTS.

Still, the Haunting entities is a lot like a ghost and works until there's something better. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It is interesting that someone is working on a sourcebook. That's good to know, mrlucifer.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
mastermesh
Wanderer

Unread post by mastermesh »

Yes, Palladium officially says you should not crossover to other games, etc. but I got to say World of Darkness Wraith Series opens up a lot of ideas... especially if mixed with the astral kingdom ideas in Nightbane.

Officially, yes, there is no real ghosts in game as it is now... but at the same time there is no 'real' God in game, just a bunch of warring aliens and entities...
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

If you absolutely have to have a ghost that is both 'official' and 'really the spirit of a person' First Edition Palladium Fantasy had ghosts.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

So can you talk about ghosts on the Lazlo society forum.
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Of course you can.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Trent
Explorer

Unread post by Trent »

For mapped out haunted houses Ive found a great source online . Search images for sears and roebuck four square home plans . These are old catalog house plans from the 1920s and 1930s . You may have to add any basements you want but otherwise alot of the work is done for you . Hay a good idea for a resource book for BtS would be haunted or active places .
Please Help a Family in Need : http://www.gofundme.com/y27ff9w ,
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Trent wrote:For mapped out haunted houses Ive found a great source online . Search images for sears and roebuck four square home plans . These are old catalog house plans from the 1920s and 1930s . You may have to add any basements you want but otherwise alot of the work is done for you . Hay a good idea for a resource book for BtS would be haunted or active places .

Nice find Trent!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

kogwar wrote:are they just entities that copy the trace psychic imprint

'Just' sounds so minimizing... are they any less important or valid than the original just because they're a memory-imprinting copy?

*just watched the 2-episode arc involving Flesh and is a bit sad*
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”