Creating a Story Arc

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Creating a Story Arc

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Well, do you have an idea of what the setting you'd like to have the game in? Any particular theme or vibe you'd like to go for?

I can offer some adventure ideas on this page of the House of BTS.

I can also offer some GM advise on how to write up and run a BTS adventure on this page of the House of BTS.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Yeah, really depends on what kind of campaign you want to run.

You could go with a "Supernatural" type them where your characters hunt supernatural evils. Or a more Men In Black theme where instead of aliens, it's monsters. Or a more CoC theme where you investigate creatures and try to make heads and tails of it. These are some suggestions, but really the game is up to you.

I typically like a survival game. Where the supernatural is hunting people and the characters are holding back the tide of darkness. It's more gritty than the show "Supernatural" if anyone thinks it's similar.

Do whatever you want however, mrloucifer's House of BTS is a great resource if you need more ideas and there are few more unique monsters and characters you can use to expand the game more. Hopefully some of this helps!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Sometimes it helps if you think of a movie or TV show for inspiration...

See if channeling The Evil Dead, Legend of Hell House, Hellboy, Hellraiser, Scooby-doo, Ghostbusters, Ghost Hunters, Supernatural, Buffy, John Carpenter's Vampires, 9th Gate, Drag Me To Hell or True Blood stirs up anything?
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe a recurring Bad Guy like a Cult leader or a Master vampire they face them 3 or 4 times before ther final defeated.

Someone can show ther ideas for recurring Villains here.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

If you want to try something more pulp fiction based, you can always take a "normal" person and have them face and deal the horrors around them, having to solve the mystery as to what happened. Of course, heroes in BTS are more than normal so you may have to tweak things, but giving them a mystery to solve might be a prudent way to go as well.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”