Christmas?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Christmas?

Unread post by auyl »

This has probably been done a gazillion times but I thought it'd be fun to do again.

What if the Lazlo society recognized a dark version of Santa that was really a malevolent being that was blood-thirsty and needed to be fended off. How would you adventure this out?
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: Christmas?

Unread post by Cybermancer »

It really has been done a gazillion times. To the point that the so called subversion has become the cliche.

I think part of it is that people automatically equate the supernatural with horror. Which is a shame because it's so much more than that.

Why not have a story where the possibility of the real father Christmas existing is investigated? He doesn't have to be evil to be supernatural and when all the stories run are depressing it gets well, depressing. And who needs that around Christmas anyway?

So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is that I for one wouldn't be interested in that at all.

Besides, Lazlo always goes dead this time of year due to, you know, Christmas.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

There's a historical version of evil-Santa.

In theory, if you wanted a spin of this, you could have a madman trying to do the Krampus' work, or some other spirit ripping off the Krampus. Not to say the Krampus couldn't exist, of coruse, but yeah, it's a bit done as far as troupes go.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Well how about this...Santa, a supernatural being, is a force for good. But something has happened and he can't do his yearly deliveries. If he doesn't some evil malevolent force will cause some unchristmas like fear. Are the characters able to get Santa going again? Or do they have to do Santa's job and overcome the obstacles along the way?
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Let's go save Christmas?

It's just campy enough it might just work. ^_^
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Why not? :D

Even if it isn't 'really' Santa, it could be a similar being, or someone claiming to be Santa, or whatever. The same premise applies - a benign being who needs help.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well if you ignore the Christian connotations applied to Santa Claus he himself is a representation of the fey entity / pagan god known as the Holly King. This means that technically Santa Claus is a death spirit, something that one certainly can have fun with.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”