Any Halloween games planned this year?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Any Halloween games planned this year?

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Hello Boils and Ghouls!

I was wondering if any of you were considering running any Halloween themed or specialty games around this years holiday?

I'm considering finally getting around to unleashing the Hafoot (see Rifter #57) upon my group of newer players. Per the GM notes, they all have a severe sweet tooth and love partaking in the Halloween tradition, and I like to keep my characters on their toes on Halloween and the few days following, so this may be the time. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Antimony
D-Bee

Re: Any Halloween games planned this year?

Unread post by Antimony »

I wish. But I'm sure something special will happen at Lazlo around then, too. Does that count? :wink:
:rose:
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I want to but don't know if it will happen.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Shawn Merrow

I was thinking of game with the players being CSI (TV versions) who discover the brutal series of murders was committed by something supernatural. If they go to the bosses it will just get them some free psychiatric help so they most deal with it on their own.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
robertbc73

Unread post by robertbc73 »

The first (and last chance I had to do it) halloween game I ran had grown men being afraid of the dark after the left (it was Rifts too). Good times.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

My original idea is evolving into the players attending a "Victorian era" themed costumed party at a mansion. Seances (provided by the Two mediums in my group), murder mystery, ghost hunting... and all the like are planned to happen. The Hafoot may get shoe horned in for the fun of it. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Shawn Merrow

Shawn Merrow wrote:I was thinking of game with the players being CSI (TV versions) who discover the brutal series of murders was committed by something supernatural. If they go to the bosses it will just get them some free psychiatric help so they most deal with it on their own.

It was a short game as we wanted to watch the season final of Face Off but it was a fun game. I will post the details tomorrow after I get back from the store.

Shawn Merrow

Shawn Merrow wrote:I was thinking of game with the players being CSI (TV versions) who discover the brutal series of murders was committed by something supernatural. If they go to the bosses it will just get them some free psychiatric help so they most deal with it on their own.

The players were called to look over a house that a missing child was reported to have gone into, uniformed officers had searched but had no luck. It was their job to see if there was anything they had missed. The house had set unused by the owners for ten years after their youngest child had ran away and was never found. The players found a few signs of the missing kid (Steve) but could not find him. As it was getting late they suddenly heard a ghostly voice "Who are you?" after some questions they found out it was the kid who had gone missing ten years ago (Rodger). It took some more questions but they found out he had Steve with him, Rodger wanted to know how and why he died before he would give Steve back.

With Rodger's help they discovered his body had been hide in the basement in a covered up safe room. The cause of death being a large blow to the head. To help them figure out the why he showed them some of his memories before he died. The players were able to figure out that while playing with his sister a vase got accidentally knocked over and fell on his head. A call to the original detective got a confession from the father they covered up the death to protect the sister. This made Rodger happy and he returned Steve.

The players had fun, so may be starting a campaign with these characters.

Shawn Merrow

Anyone else run a game on Halloween?

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Anyone else run a game on Halloween?

Yeah I played gimme all the Almond Joys, Baby Ruths and Whoppers with my kid.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
mrloucifer

Shawn Merrow wrote:Anyone else run a game on Halloween?

I did! The Victorian era themed costume party was in full swing at the Valentine mansion, and in the middle of all the seances and such, -The Ghost Hunter in the group ended up tracking and dealing with a couple of Hafoot.
-One of the players was ambushed by a seductive vampire and nearly bitten during the party.
-The house was ambushed by an unknown (as of yet) villain who hypnotised one of the catering staff into carrying an magic box of some sort into the ball room, where the majority of the fundraiser party was located. She opened the box... and all the lights suddenly went out!
-As the the group was helping people out of the Mansion. They heard lots of clanging and clanking coming from the 2nd floor, and witness the horror and realization of a gaggle of Tectonic entities has been unleashed from the box, and began to animate all of 16 or so display suits of medieval knight armor that lined the 2nd floor hallway. With swords and shield they came at the mass, requiring the group to fight them off.
-Just as they thought they destroyed all the armor, they heard a scream coming from the back court yard! Investigating they found one of the cooking staff running from a Tectonic entity that was using all of the statuary and rocks in the backyard, basically becoming a statuary golem! The group had to hold it back from killing the girl long enough for the Ghost Hunter to destroy the entity proper as the stone/rocks and statuary had way too much S.D.C. to fight head on.
-And with that, we had to end on that note. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Your mention of the Victorian Era albeit a costume party is intriguing. If I had time, I'd try to develop an actual Victorian Era BTS game. The Ghost Hunter would be very different far less cheesy/Bladey/Badassish.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”