Lazlo Society - Breaking News

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Lazlo Society - Breaking News

Unread post by Jefffar »

A number of Lazlo Society characters are dead or missing including long time Lazlo stalwart Ron Caliburn

Does Elionwy Solstice's vision hold the key to what happened?

Is this a sign of more casualties to come?

Have members of the Society turned against their own?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Lazlo Society - Breaking News

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

:eek: :eek: :cry:

and Mr. E is still MIA, so you can't call on him for help..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Mr E needs to find himself apparently.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Jefffar wrote:Mr E needs to find himself apparently.

working on it.. trying to work out the actual story behind it, and i want to set up some events before he shows back up to make it a more interesting RP experience.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

actually, i was thinking of a copy of the book of cyprianus, Men in black, and a need to travel to odd places in order to get rid of it.

i've been gone from there for years now.. i'd need a suitably impressive story to explain it. :)

btw: groundwork being laid for the return of Mr. E
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Darcy dead, Cynthia and Ron missing. Now Hannah has had some sort of breakdown.

Is this it for the Caliburn clan?

Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

And what curse would that be?
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Cybermancer
Hero

Did they ever break that cycle?
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Cybermancer wrote:Did they ever break that cycle?

IIRC, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory avoided that trope.. if anything it inverted it, because Nina Purpleton, who fell for two gundam pilots, was never in actual danger, but Anavel Gato (the first one she fell for, and the main antagonist)was the one to die (he basically committed suicide), while Kou Uraki (the second one she fell for) only got into dangerous situations because a) he was a military pilot, and B) He was the protagonist, and C) he was kinda an idiot.

but neither of the two pilots were in danger because of their relationship (or former relationship) with the main love interest. all the danger they faced was the result of the military and political schemes that formed the plot of the show.

and i'm note sure that Mobile Suit Gundam: 8th MS Team counts either. Kiki, who had a crush on the main character, was never in any more danger than one would expect of being a guerilla in a warzone, while Aina, the main character's love interest, was in danger because of the machinations of her Brother and because of her role in the development of a weapon of mass destruction. and neither of those two were killed.. nor was the protagonist.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Cybermancer
Hero

Interesting. As weird as it may sound, I've only ever seen Gundam Seed and Destiny (and then not the whole thing). Unfortunately I am aware of the trend towards tragic romances in Japanese animation in general. Not one of my favorite things, to be honest.

Anyway I'm firing out this post as an FYI to those involved in or looking to get involved in the current plotline referenced in this thread. I'm in the middle of move across Canada and my availablity to respond to posts or PM's is going to vary wildly. Jefffar is pretty deeply involved in the plot and should be able to answer most questions should I be unable to properly respond for an extended period of time.

WWVLD?

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”