My confusing journey to the Lazlo Society Website

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EnlightenedVagabond
Wanderer
Comment: The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep...

My confusing journey to the Lazlo Society Website

Unread post by EnlightenedVagabond »

So, I followed the link...

Honestly, I have read what the site is "supposed" to be about, but maybe I am looking at the concept of the site and forums... wrong or something. I simply "Don't understand" whats going on over there.

I think people are RP'ing characters who "come to this anonymous site with paranormal problems, hoping that other 'in-character' posters have insights on their problems?" have I gotten this right?

Do people use the site 'in-character' from their games when the GM presents them with a mystery, and others around the world, sort of like a ARG 'help out and give thier suggestions?'

I got very confused reading posts, as I didnt know what was what and, it was a very intimidating place to get into from my point of perspective. So much going on, not sure if real sort of thing.

In anycase, thats just my musings and trying to wrap my head around it. Havent gone back to it in a bit, just was curious the first time.
krate
Explorer

Re: My confusing journey to the Lazlo Society Website

Unread post by krate »

This is actually a very good post. I to want to know what is going on over there and how it all works. I remember I created an account many moons ago, when I first aquired the BTS-2 book. I remember logging on, thinking it was just another forum (dedicated to all things BTS of course) and I was confused as a a ghoul with a living person.

So, I look forward to some of the Lazlo posters to explain how it all works.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
EnlightenedVagabond
Wanderer
Comment: The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep...

Unread post by EnlightenedVagabond »

EnlightenedVagabond wrote:So, I followed the link...

Honestly, I have read what the site is "supposed" to be about, but maybe I am looking at the concept of the site and forums... wrong or something. I simply "Don't understand" whats going on over there.

I think people are RP'ing characters who "come to this anonymous site with paranormal problems, hoping that other 'in-character' posters have insights on their problems?" have I gotten this right?

Do people use the site 'in-character' from their games when the GM presents them with a mystery, and others around the world, sort of like a ARG 'help out and give thier suggestions?'

I got very confused reading posts, as I didnt know what was what and, it was a very intimidating place to get into from my point of perspective. So much going on, not sure if real sort of thing.

In anycase, thats just my musings and trying to wrap my head around it. Havent gone back to it in a bit, just was curious the first time.

You were far braver than I, I lurked some posts and went "wth is going on here... maybe I should just leave and pretend I wasnt here"

I like to RP, but it seemed, almost "TOO real?" if thats what they are going for, an fully immersive site, then I guess I can understand it a bit, but it seems very forbidding for people who arent already familiar with it.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Everything that gets posted onto the Lazlo Society site is supposed to be as characters, posted in character. Very rarely it seems does it get used as a tool by GM's and players however. I've done it a couple of times and I know of one other instance that it happened. Otherwise it seems to be used primarily for a combination of online RP and storytelling. As such, what you see on the site tends to be the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. A lot goes on behind the scenes in the form of PM's, posts here on the BtS forums and various messenger services (I use MSN).

I did write a guide to help those new to the site. That is because your concerns are not unique and the site does seem to be intimidating and confusing to even long time gamers. It can also be fairly time consuming at times. I've always found it to be worthwhile however. Hopefully the guide I linked will give you a better idea of what's going on there. If not, please feel free to post questions in that thread and either me or someone else will attempt to answer them.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

I am actealy trying to get my group to join.. the site post, what happens and as for research help and such..... but I haven't had much luck... so far
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

This has been very helpful. Thanks gang!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Any specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them. Don't worry about anything.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”