Boxed nightmares adventure

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Boxed nightmares adventure

Unread post by mrloucifer »

If he's going in alone, i'd encourage something of a "caught in the middle" scenario. Even a small scale zombie outbreak can easily overwhelm one player (especially if he's new to the game to begin with). But put him into an inevitable situation where the national guard/Army comes in to clean house puts him in the middle of two opposing forces that he's got to dig his way out of. :)

Another angle would be to have some sort of generator situation, where he figures out that if he kills a particular Demon or destroys a machine or something big like that, he stops the entire outbreak. That scenario would give him the satisfaction of getting the best scenario win out of this (especially if the zombie return to normal people when the source is destroyed). I ran a game like this once, and it was disturbing for the players becasue between all the moans the zombie would manage to wheeze out a "heeeeelp meeeeeeeee" to the players at times. They didn't wanna shoot or kill the zombies and had to play a game of outrunning and out manuvering them until they found the source.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”