Five Senses - Five Creatures

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EnlightenedVagabond
Wanderer
Comment: The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep...

Five Senses - Five Creatures

Unread post by EnlightenedVagabond »

I am working on 5 mini adventures with creatures that are based off the 5 senses... One of the creatures is a Banshee and thus kills with Sound, another is a Medusa which kills by sight, Ive decided on a Vampire for Taste, and something akin to a Reaper that kills by touch, I am simply stumped on a creature that kills by/with its stench...

Any help? Its a riddle for the players to solve, or at least part of a greater whole...
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Five Senses - Five Creatures

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Got ya covered on this one...

In the Rifter # 57, one of my new supernatural monsters in it includes a Supernatural Predator called "The Kroguar", and one its primary natural abilities is something called "Supernatural Musk". In short, the Kroguar has a musk that's absolutely and inexplicably foul to human beings!

Pick this Rifter up (if you haven't already) and you'll be stinking up your BTS game in no time! :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

My mother's dog -- her breath is toxic enough to slay dragons. Okay seriously, the Kroguar is an excellent choice and a nice finale. If you are looking for something more deadly, one of the Lords of Hades has the title 'Lord of the Sulphur Pits.' For something a little less deadly, there are the Skunk Apes I posted a while back. For something a lot less deadly, you could always use a Possession Entity which has taken control of a normal skunk -- the attack would not kill, but it would make the PC miserable for days.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Lord Z wrote:Okay seriously, the Kroguar is an excellent choice and a nice finale.

I forgot to tell you Lordz, I was able to get all of the original art of my baddies that were in the Rifter #57 from Bradshaw at the Open House. I recall your liking the Kroguar artwork as much as I did, and the original is just as awesome to see. I plan to get frame the next time I got a few spare clams and hang it somewhere in the man cave. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

another good set of critters are based on the 7 deadly sins if u play them right they can be very nasty like this http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Gluttony

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”