Soldier occupation(s)?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Soldier occupation(s)?

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

I KNOW I have read about soldier occupations somewhere. Maybe it was in a Rifter, maybe on this wonderful board, but I can for the life of me not remember. Can anyone point me to that?

Thanking you in advance!

Kind regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: Soldier occupation(s)?

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Try Dead Reign.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Cybermancer wrote:Try Dead Reign.

I second.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

mrloucifer wrote:
Cybermancer wrote:Try Dead Reign.

I second.

I will add a third recommendation.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

Fourth.

Also there's new skill programs for NInjas and Superspies in the Rifters

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Also, the Chaos Earth Peacekeeper OCC is also pretty well done in terms of training/skills.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Tearstone
Adventurer

Unread post by Tearstone »

There's also the Veteran Grunt and Academy Officer O.C.C.'s from Ninjas and Superspies.

You could possibly use the Coalition/General Grunt from Rifts/Rifts: Ultimate Edition.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hi there,

thank you very much, guys!

The Dead Reign Soldier OCC with its specializations is great and should be realtively easy to convert to a/various BtS-II occupations.

Does anybody know whether there are BtS-II type occupations for a soldier (or various soldier types) already ready made?

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Hendrik wrote:Hi there,

thank you very much, guys!

The Dead Reign Soldier OCC with its specializations is great and should be realtively easy to convert to a/various BtS-II occupations.

Does anybody know whether there are BtS-II type occupations for a soldier (or various soldier types) already ready made?

Cheers
Hendrik

Not as of yet. From what I recall, Kevin wants to get into a source book based on the military in the BTS setting. It would most likely be a 64 pages sized book, similar to those of the Dead Reign Sourcebooks.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

I hope it will be at least 96 pages per book, but 64 (times 2 or 3 or ...) would be better than nothing. I do happen to like the Dead Reign sourcebooks and I really, really hope we get Arcanum first and soon!

That said, thank you for the information, Mr. Loucifer.

I have given the soldier OCC in Dead Reign another long look and now think that it would be EXTREMELY easy to convert to a BtS style occupation (not OCC) with various sub-types. I mean the skill sets can really just be taken as they are. I guess it is a matter of taste. I would for example not give every soldier "climb" - that is wrong, unless we are talking about rangers and such. Forced March on the other hand is something every soldier should know.

If I have time later or tomorrow, maybe I can offer a basic soldier occupation here (meaning your generic infantry man).

Cheers
Hendrik

tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

hendrik

Try looking at this it might help you ether find something you can use or hope you cook something up
http://www.geocities.ws/kuseru/BTS2Occupations.htm
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Thanks, tmikesecrist3,

that is an excellent link and website. I knew it and he's got awesome stuff there, but it did not - strangely - occur to me to look it up on the subject of BtS. I use his Modern Firearms stuff.

Kind regards
Hendrik

Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I think it was Rifters #25 that had the N&SS information you want.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

tmikesecrist3 wrote:hendrik

Try looking at this it might help you ether find something you can use or hope you cook something up
http://www.geocities.ws/kuseru/BTS2Occupations.htm

ooooh shiny!!

Thanks.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Hendrik wrote:Forced March on the other hand is something every soldier should know.

First Aid and Pilot Automobile, too.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”