Introducing, my BTS fan site: "The House of BTS"

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Introducing, my BTS fan site: "The House of BTS"

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Well folks, Ive been working on this site for months and its finally ready to be rolled out, a week earlier than planned no less!

I've decided that the BTS forum would be the first place I'd introduce my site to while announcing it on other sites on October 1st. Consider yourselves loved! :)

Any thoughts, advice or corrections on the site would be appreciated as there's still time to fix things before the big push in October.

And now, I give you: The House of BTS
Last edited by mrloucifer on Mon May 21, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Re: Introducing, my BTS fan site!

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Click...added to favorites.

Nice to see other folks supporting Palladium and BTS....we just need those other two books.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Awesome! I intend to keep working on it when I can, so don't think that all you see is all that there will ever be. :)

In the meantime, I've announced it officially today on a few different websites. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I like your site. It has a good layout and does not hurt my eyes. I will look it over more later.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
mrloucifer

That's a fine idea! Keep a look out for a mesg from me. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I had not considered it, but yeah, adding Under The Red Sky to House of BTS would be a good fit.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer

–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Looking better and better, Biggies L!
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Thanks for the site! I've bookmarked it.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Very Nice!

I like the Occult opedia (spelling?) and the easy layout of the site - the pictures are awesome and the fact that you kept "Boxed Nightmares" in it is great (I own a copy - but not sure where I put it)..

Good Job!
G

:)
mrloucifer

[url][/url]Thanx for the kind words everyone!

As a reward for such encouragement, I've just added a "Slogging through the Sewers" PDF file, offering info and tips on using sewers, storm drains and maintenance tunnels in your BTS game. Just in time for Halloween! You can find it here
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

The House of BTS is closing its doors until further notice..

It is with a sad heart that I tell you all that my website will be going off line on Dec 6th, and wont be back up in the foreseeable future. it seems my cable provider has decide that they re shutting down their "personal web site" aspect of the biz due to a lack of interest. And I was only able to afford free web space (being unemployed and a student and all) until i'm getting coin again, the house of BTS must close its doors after Dec 6th.

But enjoy it while it lasts my peeps! Thanx for all the praise you sent me while it was running. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

That's sad and unfortunate to hear. Make sure you archive it all somewhere so you can relaunch when the time is right.

Also, Lazlo is pretty quiet these days, would be a great time to come back.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Sorry to hear about your website being shut down. I think it's quite good.

And I agree with Jefff. We should stir the Lazlo pot a bit.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote:can't you transfer the content to another free provider?

I've done a little poking around for a free provider, but the issue there is that they plague your site with advertising. I'm priding myself on making the site easy to navigate, looks nice and has good info. Throwing mounds of advertising at you all would conflict with that. I'm going to speak with a couple of my instructors over the next week to see if they know of a good free provider site.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mastermesh
Wanderer

Unread post by mastermesh »

slow loading. didn't load at all...

Try http://www.000webhost.com/ - Never had any problem with them putting ads on my site.
mrloucifer

Ive got great news! Though the good graces of my school... my site is up and running again! Ive also made some renovations to the house of BTS before I reopened it, so come on in and check it out!

http://student.mccinfo.net/~sedawes/houseofbts/home.html
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Wonderful!

Now we just need some familiar faces back on Lazlo ;)

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

mrloucifer wrote:Ive got great news! Though the good graces of my school... my site is up and running again! Ive also made some renovations to the house of BTS before I reopened it, so come on in and check it out!

Cool to see you're up and running again.

I live near Palladium home base and my pal ran into Kevin Siembieda last weekend. Anyway, Kevin asked him if he was interested in getting a gaming group together, well me being the main GM in my group has kinda been put on watch to run something if and when this group gets up and running. If I was to run, I more than likely will run BTS. How cool is that?

mrloucifer

MurderCityDisciple wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:Ive got great news! Though the good graces of my school... my site is up and running again! Ive also made some renovations to the house of BTS before I reopened it, so come on in and check it out!

I live near Palladium home base and my pal ran into Kevin Siembieda last weekend. Anyway, Kevin asked him if he was interested in getting a gaming group together, well me being the main GM in my group has kinda been put on watch to run something if and when this group gets up and running. If I was to run, I more than likely will run BTS. How cool is that?

Are you telling me that Kevin wants to play in your BTS game?
–H.P. Lovecraft

MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer

mrloucifer wrote:
MurderCityDisciple wrote:

Are you telling me that Kevin wants to play in your BTS game?

Well kinda, by proxy I guess...he asked my friend Joe if he was willing/interested to get a group started. I am the current GM in Joe's group.

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

This is Good,Hope you ma add more Npc,s and original Monsters.
mrloucifer

I intend to add NPC's here and there, but I'm not sure on monsters... they usually end up in my Rifter Articles. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I recently reviewed all of those excellent game hooks which are presented again on Loucifer's sight. They are all excellent. I am particularly fond of the game which starts with the GM yelling at one of the players, 'Look out, Joe! You're about to hit someone in the road!'

mrloucifer

Lord Z wrote:I recently reviewed all of those excellent game hooks which are presented again on Loucifer's sight. They are all excellent. I am particularly fond of the game which starts with the GM yelling at one of the players, 'Look out, Joe! You're about to hit someone in the road!'

That's a favorite of mine as well... and always a crowd pleaser when ran. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

P.S.: Per request, I've added a new Psychic Healer Pregen in my NPC's page. Enjoy!

Link to the NPC's page, cause I'm pretty much awesome like that.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Just in time for the Open house, I've added a new Pregen to the pile, and I've added him to my NPC page as well. He's may attempt as making a sensitive psychic who can still kick ass... I think I was successful. Anywoo, go to my NPC page and meet Conrad Timmons.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I just read that character sheet. Conrad is an excellent example of an interesting character build. I will be villainously stealing him for games in the future.

mrloucifer

Petite Elfgirl wrote:Do you have stats to go with them, or is that for the GM to decide?

The GM that created the characters that inspired the images is supposed to be sending me the PC sheets, but hasn't been able to digitize them as of yet. But once I get them, they will be posted and I'll let you know. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I forgot to mention earlier... I've posted some new Pregens in my NPC for those who are interested. Lazlosociety.org fans will be excited to know that I finally posted "The Huntess" as one of the available Pregens. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Re: Introducing, my BTS fan site: "The House of BTS"

Just added: A new NPC, a psychic healer named Sister Anna Dvorak, who's a Catholic nun and an exorcism specialist to the Vatican.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Ive been on fire the last couple of days. I've added a new Pregen named Amanda Castenada, who's a Lucky Psychic P.C.C. from the Rifter #53 and a Navigational Systems Engineer.

Also note that I've updated Mark O'Conners sheet (his special equipment on the back side was lacking), so if you downloaded a copy, you may wanna get the updated one. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote:nice job MrLoucifer, getting a personal shout out from Kevin on the latest Gateway.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I guess I have to now! :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote: I'll even mail you a pink flamingo (no lawn gnome for you!) for your front lawn if it happens.

What more incentive can a guy ask for? ;)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

mrloucifer wrote:
Mephisto wrote: I'll even mail you a pink flamingo (no lawn gnome for you!) for your front lawn if it happens.

What more incentive can a guy ask for? ;)

Ahh the plastic pink flamingo, the official city bird of Madison, WI. What an honor!
mrloucifer

Mephisto wrote:...I hope the Ghost Sourcebook (better named Spooks and Spectres) sees the light of day since I know it's going to be awesome...

I've gotten pretty comfortable with its working title "Beyond the Paranormal" becoming its official title. It seems to fit the line well. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Hey Lazloites, got a question for you all.

When I started my site the "NPC" was supposed to be just that, a page of the NPC's Ive use in my game. But between tips/requests from people and ideas Ive had, its evolved to where its predominantly Pregens with lots of 3-Images, and ironically only one NPC has been provided so far. I intend to add other things like a few House of BTS exclusive supernatural creatures and other creations. calling it the "NPC" page doesn't really apply anymore and as I plan to update the design of the page in the future, I should change its name.

So my question is this... what should the new one-word title of this page be?
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Things
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Personae

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Meatbags
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Entities or Lurkers.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Related to personae, 'Actors' might work too. I've also been a fan of Movers or Shakers too.
mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:Meatbags

LOL! That was the name of one of my old Nightbane characters. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

I hope his nemesis was a Nightbane who looked like a misanthropic assassin droid.
mrloucifer

Good thoughts so far people, keep em coming!

In the meantime, check out the above mentioned NPC page as I've just added a new NPC to the page named Dr. Edmond Smythe. My pregen junkies should recognize the name as he appears on nearly every one of the contact lists as a Parapsychologist. I tend to use him in con games when no one is playing a Parapsychologist.
Also included in his PDF are prototype crime scene/forensic tools that I let parapsychologists use in my game. Eventually I'll create a gear section on this page and I'll place them there, but you can get a sneak preview of them now. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:I hope his nemesis was a Nightbane who looked like a misanthropic assassin droid.

LOL! That video is funny stuff!

No, Meatbags morphus was humanoid, but it resembled those skinned and quasi wrapped up hanging cow bodies you see in meat lockers, like what Rocky practices punching in the 1st movie. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Due to my recent addition of a new player, who's new to the dark world of the horror RPG, I've updated some notes in the Player Tips sectionof the House. I updated a note or two I'd been meaning to add in the GM section while I was at it.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Checked out your new notes. Good advice for newbies plus some good ideas for me as well. I checked out "Please Understand Me" on Wikipedia. If you'll forgive an aside what I found interesting was the author using the 4 classic temperments. Kim Stanley Robinson (a Hard-SF writer) must have read that book too because he went all into them in one of his "Mars" books. I thought bringing up ancient Greek psychology or whatever in the book was odd; I guess that book is where he got it from.
My players never had any shame in retreating in my BTS. I'm pretty proud of one guy in particular who usually hates retreating but in the BTS setting had no problem doing so.
Backup characters are a good idea but I've never used them. If someone died I'd let them roll for an NPC until they got back in. I think once someone liked the NPC so much they just took it over (can't remember what game that was though).
Keep up the hard work, thanks.
mrloucifer

I got what I consider to be a great compliment from Lord Z this week on the House of BTS Facebook page. I've been posting the notes from my weekly game on the page, which is something I will try to do more often in the forum.

This is the info from last Thursday's game.
"The group met up outside of "Larsen's Auto Yard and Used Parts" Scrapyard. After some preliminary investigating, they determined that the place has a Gremlin infestation, and oddly Grave Ghouls seem to be roaming around as well.
While getting the key to open the inner yard security gate, A gremlin hijack the television in the office, and using a camera showed the group that it had a couple of hostages tied up, and if they didn't rescue them within the next twenty minutes, they were going to drop a a bundle of crushed cars on them!
The Gremlins made a virtual maze out of the many car towers in the yard, and forced to choose a fork in the road. John however had a clever idea to climb one of the cranes to get an idea which direction the group should go by looking for the crane that's dangling the cars over the people. He not only confirmed that they need to go left, he used his psychic "Rope Trick" and climbing skills to climb down in style.
The group continued in the maze, and at one point, one of the towers tipped over, and from out behind them came four gremlins. But these gremlins had not only fashioned crude armor out of scrap parts, resembling a mockery of a knight (complete with small Jousting Staff), but each one rode on the shoulders of another gremlin. These "horse" gremlins also had armor and helmet crudely resembling a horse head.
In short the group had to dispatch charging gremlins, eventually destroy all eight of them!
Then, an apparent crude trap was set for them in the form of a power container lift blocking their path. The medium had noted that several poltergeists has been floating throughout the area. And as Poltergeists listen to mediums like playful puppies, he managed to talk them into playing a game of "lets see if you can lift that crate long enough for us to go under." Surprisingly, they understood. They hoisted the container up using "telekinesis" high enough so that it locked in place, and long enough for the group to run under it. Sure enough, the gremlins had rigged the stops to explode, sending it crashing down moments later.
The night ended with them all still in the middle of the labyrinth. They know there are more gremlins, they know the Grave Ghouls are in there with them somewhere, and the ghostly activity in the yard is increasing!"

In response to this, Lord Z said "I am a fan of interesting and non-cliche environments for specific games and scenes. I feel that a lot of storytellers make a mistake by crafting intricate and fascinating world settings but then let others experience these worlds only through the same old bars or taverns, sewers or dungeons, and dirt roads that are found in any world setting. An automotive junkyard controlled by sadistic and slightly crazed gremlins is quite possibly the best adventure-level setting I have ever known. It's dynamic, it's in keeping with the tone and methods of the game, and it allows for so many unusual yet cool stunts by both the gremlins and the heroes. If you don't make this into a convention game for the Megaversal Ambassadors, I just might do it myself. "

The text in bold has had my feeling flattered since then. I thought it was clever idea that played to the Gremlin's strengths. But to present the game-wise Lord Z with the best adventure-setting he's ever known... thats blowing my mind. :)

Thank you for such a compliment Lordy Lord Z, I'm flattered to the gills. :D
–H.P. Lovecraft

Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

Nice, you have a fine site, it's well put together, added to my favs files.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”