Beyond Arcanum

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

steiner999ca
Newb

Beyond Arcanum

Unread post by steiner999ca »

is there an actual date even considered for when beyond arcanum is going to be released?
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Beyond Arcanum

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

:lol: Nope, its a bit of a running gag at this point. Most people will point you in the direction of Nightbane for a magic system, as it plugs and plays very nicely with BtS (this is what I do when I run the game, and I can attest to the fact that it works really well)

Also, welcome to the forums! I hope that you find what you are looking for here and that you embrace the community!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Greetings and Salutations from the Host of the House of BTS!

To help alleviate the lack of a magic system, several few like minded individuals, including myself, have come up with an ever evolving "magic Template" for those players/GM's who with to use it.

Head on over to the House of BTS to download the PDF. Also, check back on occasion as it gets updated every so often.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

mrloucifer wrote:Greetings and Salutations from the Host of the House of BTS!

To help alleviate the lack of a magic system, several few like minded individuals, including myself, have come up with an ever evolving "magic Template" for those players/GM's who with to use it.

Head on over to the House of BTS to download the PDF. Also, check back on occasion as it gets updated every so often.

This is what I used for my con games before the plague and it worked really well.

Captain_Nibbz wrote::lol: Nope, its a bit of a running gag at this point. Most people will point you in the direction of Nightbane for a magic system, as it plugs and plays very nicely with BtS (this is what I do when I run the game, and I can attest to the fact that it works really well)

Also, welcome to the forums! I hope that you find what you are looking for here and that you embrace the community!

I looked this over for my first BTS con game a few years ago but I found Nightbane magic to be little over powered. If you don't want House of BTS I would suggest first Ed. BTS. You can get the PDF on Drivethru and it works better than importing any other magic systems from other games IMO.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Use BTS 1, with Nightbane and Palladium Fantasy for flavoring. Use Heroes Unlimited if you want magic items to power your characters. Specifically, Mysteries of Magic 1 and Through the Glass Darkly should be required reading.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is some hope.
A tiny, incsy weencie bit of hope.
They did put out the Lamura book...20'ish years after it was announced.

The main thing that I would expect from it would be different rules for magic or more like clarifications. And new spells and Updating the Arcanist mage class & maybe a few new magic classes (or imports).

Sounds like a MoM for BTS to me. Which I welcome, but looking at it from the company side of things...it has two strikes agents it...1) it's not rifts, and 2) its goin'a have a lot of reprinted text , even if PB doesn't get really lazy.

As for the new spells....sheesh..I'd let them print my 'fan spells' (see the Magic and psi forum) for a copy (signed) of the book..(only about 50% figuratively).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I love to see how Magic will wokr in BtS,the Magic ppc and Magic Weapons and Items.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”