Magic should be "better"

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Magic should be "better"

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

As for the listed specifics:

1. "Lack of anti-tech spells"
I can name several anti-tech spells.
I can name zero anti-magic tech devices beyond cyber implants that impair spellcasting, and that's not quite the same as being able to effectively Counterspell an attack that an opponent is making.

2. "Lack of Range"
Yeah, okay... I can definitely see that complaint when you match something like Fire Bolt's range to standard laser rifle.
But that's not the whole picture.
A Whalesinger's Song of Revenge has UNLIMITED range. Other Songs have ranges of hundreds of miles PER LEVEL.
Summon & Control Rain has a range of 10 miles per level.
Rift Teleportation has a range of 100 miles per level.
Power Bolt has a range of 1600' + 100' per level. After 4th level, that out-ranges most energy rifles and pistols.
Summon Storm has a range of 1 mile per level.
The list of magic that out-ranges tech goes on, and on, and on.

And you're probably thinking, "but Summon Storm isn't the equivalent of a standard tech attack like shooting somebody with a laser."
And you're right, in part because THERE IS NO TECH EQUIVALENT TO SUMMONING A STORM.
Magic can do tons of stuff that tech simply cannot touch in Palladium's megaverse.
On top of being able to do all that, you ALSO need to have magic be able to out-rifle rifles?
I don't see why.
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”