Preferred Style of Skills

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Preferred Style of Skills

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1st: Ed level & skill programs. Thou I usually just pick which level fits the char concept.
(sidenote: the background / powers is just a variant of the ed level / powers of HU.)

2nd It lets me tailor the character to what I want better. And since the CC skills of Character Classes are just skill programs, I can just use a mod'ed version of them. (take out basic math, native language and combat skills are the basic way to mod them)

3rd The RT2 ST core book has a fairly good system for education within a defined culture (military). In that it has everyone skills like with HU, and with a core 'I'm a new person" military Character Classes. Along with speciality MOS's.

The Character Class system.....In Rifts it is broken.... has been from day one with he RMB. Because they stylized what was what to the CS viewpoint. And then what the writers thought was 'good enough', instead of putting on a label that the class, as the class text described it to be, was.

So far the only two PB Games that didn't have any 'stylization' or "Laissez-faire' in their CC labeling were the PF2 Game and the Splicer Game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Orin J. wrote:honestly, i like using all of them in campaigns for different reasons, buuuuuuuuuuut it is probably over-complicated that way.

How do you mean?
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

I get what you're saying, and I think that's part of the reason why there isn't just one system in the Megaverse. Still, it has been helpful to see what people like and why.
Thank you for your feedback.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”