P.P.E. Super Charging Supernatural/Creatures of Magic

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

P.P.E. Super Charging Supernatural/Creatures of Magic

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hey I'm throwing out this question to see if the if Palladium fan data base can answer me a question that I'm not certain I can find without pouring over 200 books
and/or reference material, or even if its exists. We all know mages can for a short while, hold and use 50% more P.P.E. than their normal maximum for up to their P.E.
attribute in melee rounds (maybe its more in Rifts). Lots of ways of doing this. But what about supernatural beings and creatures of magic, does the same apply to them? A
demon knows the location of a ley line nexus and decides to super charge itself before it goes into battle so it teleports there to soak up the extra energy then jump into the
battle. Does the same +50% rules apply +50% to the reservoir and hold it equal to the P.E. attribute in minutes? Just throwing this out there, possibly for a future tactical
maneuver.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: P.P.E. Super Charging Supernatural/Creatures of Magic

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Reagren Wright wrote:snip...We all know mages can for a short while, hold and use 50% more P.P.E. than their normal maximum for up to their P.E. attribute in melee rounds (maybe its more in Rifts). Lots of ways of doing this. But what about supernatural beings and creatures of magic, does the same apply to them?

Reagren Wright wrote:A demon knows the location of a ley line nexus and decides to super charge itself before it goes into battle so it teleports there to soak up the extra energy then jump into the battle. Does the same +50% rules apply +50% to the reservoir and hold it equal to the P.E. attribute in minutes? ...snip

Same question asked twice. Thou the second time you typo'ed minutes instead of melees.

As far as I know there is no text covering this. Unless there is something in the books published in last 18 months.

some things to consider:
Does the particular SN or CoM use their personal PPE to cast spell or do they case from the ambient?
Are they trained to cast spells that are not of their 'natural ability' set of spells?

My opinion is that SN or CoM have to be trained as a mage to gather PPE from other sources to fuel the casting of spells.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Beings that can absorb PPE can absorb more than just 50%, they can absorb up to 3x their base PPE as per page 21 of the Book of Magic.
Having said that, not everything can do it. If the demon's description doesn't mention that it can absorb energy from Ley Lines, then it can't.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Giant2005 wrote:Beings that can absorb PPE can absorb more than just 50%, they can absorb up to 3x their base PPE as per page 21 of the Book of Magic.
Having said that, not everything can do it. If the demon's description doesn't mention that it can absorb energy from Ley Lines, then it can't.

Rules change from the RBoM to RUE.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:snip...We all know mages can for a short while, hold and use 50% more P.P.E. than their normal maximum for up to their P.E. attribute in melee rounds (maybe its more in Rifts). Lots of ways of doing this. But what about supernatural beings and creatures of magic, does the same apply to them?

Reagren Wright wrote:A demon knows the location of a ley line nexus and decides to super charge itself before it goes into battle so it teleports there to soak up the extra energy then jump into the battle. Does the same +50% rules apply +50% to the reservoir and hold it equal to the P.E. attribute in minutes? ...snip

Same question asked twice. Thou the second time you typo'ed minutes instead of melees.

As far as I know there is no text covering this. Unless there is something in the books published in last 18 months.

some things to consider:
Does the particular SN or CoM use their personal PPE to cast spell or do they case from the ambient?
Are they trained to cast spells that are not of their 'natural ability' set of spells?

My opinion is that SN or CoM have to be trained as a mage to gather PPE from other sources to fuel the casting of spells.

I agree with Drew that CoMs would have to be trained as mages before being able to overcharge their PPE as their spell casting abilities are innate to them and not learned. I'd be a little more tolerant of SNBs doing the same, but that's going to vary on a case-by-case basis.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”