Bah. MDC/10 is better. 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
My way is better. 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Enchiladas! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: MD House rule
Unread postPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Monk

Anyone else just say that MD is just Natural AR on non-living things?
    -MDC You don't go over the AR you cause no damage.
    -MD All weapons have a PV based on their weapon type, some based on specific rounds. MD weapons double their PV vs. SDC and SDC halves its PV vs. MDC
    -All armor suffers from staged penitration. If the AR is defeated the AR is reduced by one until it is repaired.
    -There is ablative armor. MDC is never ablative. SDC is always ablative, that is why when it succeeds the damage still comes off and when it fails it fails fantastically and is breached allowing damage to go through to the wearer.

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Post subject: Re: MD House rule
Unread postPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:27 pm

Adventurer

...Eeehh.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:46 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
I had to chose "I like MDC" but I don't actually like it all that much I have just never found a replacement I like more. This system sounds interesting but still not enough of an improvement to make such a massive rule change.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:13 pm

Priest

Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
Mega-damage ain't broke.
Don't try to fix it.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Unread postPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Hero

Comment: "Life is not an audition, what we do and say matters."
I almost always run MDC/10.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Palladin

Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
So 10 SDC = 1 MDC?

Daniel Stoker

Unread postPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Hero

Comment: "Life is not an audition, what we do and say matters."
Daniel Stoker wrote:
So 10 SDC = 1 MDC?

Daniel Stoker

Yeah, plus AC.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Monk

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Mega-damage ain't broke.
Don't try to fix it.

I agree... but some players won't play with it. So... THIS. :(
I still prefer pre RUE MDC or maybe it is RT1E MDC where it said that no matter how many bullets a submachinegun fires at a tank it isn't even going to scratch it. Back when autofire damage was a uniform multiplier for the weapon based on the damage of a single round.

Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Monk

So An AK-47... forget that, some people think those are like Katanas. So a 22 rimfire revolver can penetrate tank armor... no lets up that too, battleship armor?
That is where I have a problem with all the downversion to MDC. The original intent was something stronger than tank armor that conventional weapons can't hope to penitrate. It more accurately simulated some guy shooting a tank with SMG... it ain't gonna do anything. On the other hand that tank turning its cannon on you should scare the heck out of you because your going to be redmisted and the "Armored" car your in isn't going to fare much better.
But then Rifts comes along and the body armor is supposed to be the equivalent strength of tank armor and the guns equivalent to a tanks but people get upset because their SMG isn't going to kill a guy wearing tank armor and his gun is going to punch a hole through anyone not wearing tank armor.
Then in order to appease the archetype and sate my gaming withdrawl symptoms I have to come up with this stuff. :!

Unread postPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 am

Adventurer

Zer0 Kay wrote:
So An AK-47... forget that, some people think those are like Katanas. So a 22 rimfire revolver can penetrate tank armor... no lets up that too, battleship armor?
That is where I have a problem with all the downversion to MDC. The original intent was something stronger than tank armor that conventional weapons can't hope to penitrate. It more accurately simulated some guy shooting a tank with SMG... it ain't gonna do anything. On the other hand that tank turning its cannon on you should scare the heck out of you because your going to be redmisted and the "Armored" car your in isn't going to fare much better.
But then Rifts comes along and the body armor is supposed to be the equivalent strength of tank armor and the guns equivalent to a tanks but people get upset because their SMG isn't going to kill a guy wearing tank armor and his gun is going to punch a hole through anyone not wearing tank armor.
Then in order to appease the archetype and sate my gaming withdrawl symptoms I have to come up with this stuff. :!

i used to adapt the falling damage rules for when someone in mega damage body armor caught fire from railguns or cannons, but people complained about the occasional getting launched out of range of the effective combat. trying to find a middle ground in the gap between mega-daamge and conventional damage is honestly a lot trickier than it should be.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Monk

Orin J. wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

i used to adapt the falling damage rules for when someone in mega damage body armor caught fire from railguns or cannons, but people complained about the occasional getting launched out of range of the effective combat. trying to find a middle ground in the gap between mega-daamge and conventional damage is honestly a lot trickier than it should be.

And yet another reason Mekton... the Fusion system is better. With a scale. X1 is "standard" mecha size x1/5 is car size, x1/10 is human and power armor size. X10 is small spacecraft and huge mecha, x100 is capital ship and starbase size, x size is going further on either side and is "the realm of the GM.