A question about the Ironbane sword

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: A question about the Ironbane sword

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Welcome to the forums!

For what it's worth, this subforum is more about Palladium Books as a publisher than specific rule questions. That might not matter all too much, but any perceived snark in responses might take that into account.

As for the sword, after reading the Damage subheading I think the item is clearly meant for destroying inanimate objects without immediately killing any beings wearing them. I would say that while it wouldn't do damage to a Brodkil's flesh in a magical MDC setting, it would absolutely destroy any bionics which they commonly implant at the "non-living" damage rating. I'd also say the SDC damage rating that applies to undead would also apply to the HP damage taken by vampires.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: A question about the Ironbane sword

Unread post by 13eowulf »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Gradius123 wrote:snip...
...there are no SDC supernatural creatures.
...snip

Since you posted this in the 'all things PBs' forum....you forgot something.

"...here are no SDC SN creatures in in the rifts setting.

If I was the GM I would of kept things within the spirit of the text. But maybe nerfing it a bit to 1d4x10 MD

Perhaps I have been inside too long, and am being overly pedantic, but there is at least one SDC SN being/creature in the 'Rifts' setting (if we are including Demons, and 'Rifts' includes dimension books).
Specifically the Phase Demon from Dimensional Outbreak (pg 116-118), which explicitly has no MDC, only SDC and HP.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”