Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:43 am

D-Bee

In the Palldium Megaverse (PM I'll call it) there exists multiple Earths i.e. Rifts Earth, Nightbane, Heroes Unlimited, etc.

Does this apply to other realms, however. For example are there multiple Astral Planes?

It seems from just my limited understanding there's only one Astral Plane and one Hades, etc especially since the Alien Intelligences don't seem to have multiple counterparts and just each one is a threat to the Megaverse as a whole.

Although I figure I'd ask to anyone who might a bit more in the know.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Monk

Multiple APs and nightlands the answer is yes. (well there is the NLs for the NB earth and a NL for Rifts earth for certain...it might be assumed that the rest have one too.) Since they are just layers on the each dimension. As not quite saying so outright by the books.
Hades is a singular place.

The APs (the settings for each PB Game) might be connected through the void layer of it.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Champion

I've always considered the Astral Plane to be one singular dimension, infinite in scope. The "common" dimensions are all on the same "level" (consider it like the ecliptic plane of the Multiverse). The more unusual the dimension, the further off of said "plane" it is.
The Void, I envision as the sea that the foam of the Plane floats on, and the Plane itself has currents, eddies, and stagnant areas (like the description of SW hyperspace).

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
I think the important thing to remember about the Megaverse is that you, the GM, control it. It has as many layers and as many dimensions as you want.

If you a running Nightbane you just have Earth & Nightlands, Rifts you just put in the dimensions you need or want and if you are running any other game you don't need any other dimensions.

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am

Monk

Warshield73 wrote:
I think the important thing to remember about the Megaverse is that you, the GM, control it. It has as many layers and as many dimensions as you want.

If you a running Nightbane you just have Earth & Nightlands, Rifts you just put in the dimensions you need or want and if you are running any other game you don't need any other dimensions.

Also that each Game (the different PB alt-dimensions) has its own set of rules. (The same basic set with twieeks to fit the setting of the game.)

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:34 pm

D-Bee

Thats really depends on your interpretation and how'd you'd llike to perceive the Megaverse. One version of potentially unique planes (Astral, Ethereal, Elemental, the 9 dimensions of Hell) is one way to adjudicate things but a version associated with each dimension (remember Phase World, and the Mechanoids Universe(s) also exist, along with Wyrmwood, and the Palladium Realm) is another. Since Alien inteligences and the Old ones can exist in multiple dimensions simultaneously it doesn't matter a great deal as far as they are concearned. Rifts:Atlantis (particularly in relation to the Splurgoth, the Atlanteans, and the Mechanoid universe(s)), Rifts:England, Rifts:Vampire Kindoms, and Rifts:Phase World has bits and pieces on this. I don't have Wyrmwood so cant comment on it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.
Every realm has its own outer layer of the astral plane. The in er layer connects to all realms, though it's not easy to make that journey.

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | New Temporal Magic
Rifts random encounters | New Elemental Magic | Lore: Superhuman

OK, Boomer.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:11 pm

Monk

It is the Void layer that is where characters can cross between dimensions. Even then is it is a dangerous undertaking.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor