Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » All Things Palladium Books®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic

Which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next?
Poll ended at Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm
Option A: Bestiary Volume 2 49%  49%  [ 18 ]
Option B: Disavowed 19%  19%  [ 7 ]
Option C: Chaos Earth Psychic Scream 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Option D: Antarctica 22%  22%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 37
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:25 pm
  

Palladium Books® Staff

Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 2:04 pm
Posts: 2036
Hello Palladians!!!

We are looking to get your constructive feedback and suggestions on which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next after Titan Robotics? Currently Palladium's next two releases will be Rifts: CS Manhunters followed by Titan Robotics. What Rifts titles would you like to see next?


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:49 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 2659
Location: Boise, ID (US)
Greetings and Salutations. Palladium is currently running a Megaversal Insider for Bestiary Volume 2 ... so it better be Bestiary Volume 2. My honest opinion is this shouldn't be a question once you've started taking the money.

If that wasn't the case, I like psychics so I'd probably go with Psychic Scream. Farewell and safe journeys.

_________________
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 pm
  

User avatar
Monk

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 15953
Location: Eastvale, calif
None of the above.
I would like to see the Atorian sourcebook for HU to be published next.
Or maybe a sector sourcebooks for the HU milky way galaxy.

_________________
Q's on this board need canon answers first for the question that was asked. Then you can post your own opinions or house rules, they need to be listed/declareds as your own opinions or house rules.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:24 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Palladium is currently running a Megaversal Insider for Bestiary Volume 2 ... so it better be Bestiary Volume 2. My honest opinion is this shouldn't be a question once you've started taking the money.

If that wasn't the case, I like psychics so I'd probably go with Psychic Scream. Farewell and safe journeys.


This, this, and this.

After that how about arsenal since it was supposedly almost ready years ago and was supposed to be the companion to heroes of humanity.

Are the geese distracting you guys again?

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:57 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 am
Posts: 8567
Location: Northern Gun
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
I voted for Disavowed... because it's the closest to Arsenal, and was clearly shaved OFF of Arsenal.

As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.

Lets all remember, as good a book as it was at the time. World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign was TWENTY SIX YEARS AGO. A literal generation ago.

We could use some new CS gear and Arsenal was originally part of HoH and then split off to be a companion book.... -----Four YEARS ago-----

I say this, and didn't vote for Bestiary 2. Because I frankly don't understand why it's even on the poll.

You're taking money for the book and ... might put three other books before it depending on a fan poll? Even if you only took the winner, if it's not Bestiary... you'd put another book before it?
Then why are you taking the money now??? Crowd sourcing isn't 'hey give us money for this project, and we're going to take a few months off and live off the money and maybe, kinda, sorta get around to what you paid for when ever we get bored of other projects."

This poll should be redone to say "We've started a Crowdsourcing effort and are taking in money for Bestiary, it's next in the line up. What book do you want AFTER that?"

Seriously guys... if you don't do bestiary next, people are going to lose their minds. Palladium's history with kickstarter/Crowdsourcing is...... less than stellar to start with.

So that's why I didn't vote for Bestiary 2. It should be a GIVEN that that one is next and it should be taken off the poll.

(Honestly I've got the monsters from the Bestiary books as I've got ALL the other books.. I'd much rather have the Disavowed book ANYWAY, but seriously, the next book BETTER be Bestiary, you guys are soliciting money for it. Sheesh)

_________________
Image

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 2659
Location: Boise, ID (US)
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
You're taking money for the book and ... might put three other books before it depending on a fan poll? Even if you only took the winner, if it's not Bestiary... you'd put another book before it?
Then why are you taking the money now??? Crowd sourcing isn't 'hey give us money for this project, and we're going to take a few months off and live off the money and maybe, kinda, sorta get around to what you paid for when ever we get bored of other projects."

This poll should be redone to say "We've started a Crowdsourcing effort and are taking in money for Bestiary, it's next in the line up. What book do you want AFTER that?"

Greetings and Salutations. The scariest part is after I posted, I went back and looked at the initial post some more. The word "next" in the title made me think it was actually discussing after the current book, but that's not the case (others may or may not have made that same mistake). What we have now is ...

AlexM wrote:
We are looking to get your constructive feedback and suggestions on which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next after Titan Robotics? Currently Palladium's next two releases will be Rifts: CS Manhunters followed by Titan Robotics. What Rifts titles would you like to see next?

Dead Reign: In the Face of Death may or may not be wrapped up (I didn't see it mentioned on the February 28th update, but I may have missed it). If not, they'll need to finish this first.
Then they're planning to do Rifts: CS Manhunters.
Then they're planning to do Titan Robotics.
Then, maybe, they'll do Bestiary ... or maybe they'll do one or more other books and push Bestiary further down the line.

Finishing In the Face of Death makes sense. But planning a minimum of two books (in addition to the book they're currently working on) before working on the book they're currently taking in crowd sourcing funds for? They did something similar with the Northern Gun Megaversal Insider (but I think that was only finishing the current book and then putting one book in front of it), and I couldn't believe it then. I had truly hoped they had learned their lesson.

I think my only hope at this point is that it was a very unfortunate typo and they actually meant Bestiary Volume 3 (as Volume 2 is supposed to only cover letters G-R). But if that was truly the case, then 2 should have been in the list of upcoming titles in the original post. I want to support these endeavors. I want to tell other people this is their chance to do things like support PDF by going for that option. I'd like to promote the Bestiary books as an added monster resource for the Palladium Fantasy setting. But ... I mean, how is anyone supposed to be interested in this project when Palladium has no idea when they'll end up working on it? How would I, in good conscious, ever recommend that to anyone?

For the record, I like the idea of the poll. Seeing what the fans are interested in is, as a general rule, something I'd like to support. With that, I'm going to call it for the night. Farewell and safe journeys.

_________________
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:46 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Doing a poll here at all is problematic to begin with. The number of people who even visit these forums anymore is so small it's just, frankly, pointless to use to gauge anything.

This sort of interaction would have made sense and may have been acceptable 20 years ago when the numbers here were significantly more....but now, especially with the company's history of never coming through on their own self imposed deadlines...even on crowd sourced books?

That's a leap of faith even many of the more staunch supporters of this company are wary of these days....

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:00 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2000 1:01 am
Posts: 8638
Location: Jewdica
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis
There should also be links to this poll in pretty much EVERY other sub forum here because I know I only look in here a few times a week if at all and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't check the All Things Palladium Books regularly.


Daniel Stoker

_________________
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:08 pm
  

Palladium Books® Staff

Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 2:04 pm
Posts: 2036
Bump.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 29038
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
Daniel Stoker wrote:
There should also be links to this poll in pretty much EVERY other sub forum here because I know I only look in here a few times a week if at all and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't check the All Things Palladium Books regularly.


Daniel Stoker


Seconded!
:ok:

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:03 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:09 pm
Posts: 3607
Location: Plymouth, CT
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.
Bestiary.

_________________
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Image

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | New Temporal Magic
Rifts random encounters | New Elemental Magic | Lore: Superhuman

OK, Boomer.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 5
None of these interest me, TBH.

While i know intellectually that it will never happen, what Rifts and Palladium in general need is a massive overhaul of the base system so that it actually appeals to mainstream gamers and is, most importantly, actually functional without extensive house ruling and guesswork.

Or, in the case of Rifts... where you can actually even create a character if you follow the character creation steps (which you cant in in RUE).

_________________
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:51 pm
  

Hero

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 am
Posts: 801
Comment: They/Them
While some of the promotions for Bestiary 2 involve consumer input so I could see a slight delay to account for that. I suppose my vote would be for whatever has the most art ready. I don't imagine there will be much in the way of editing for Antarctica, as an example, so slap some interdimensional penguins on the cover and get it out the door. Also, having looked at the most recent Insider, it might be nice to, instead of trying to hype things that are potentially somewhere between a rough draft and an outline, put effort towards clearing up the backlog. That BTS books have been in pre-order for nearing two decades is a bad look, and no matter what eventually comes out will not have been worth the wait.
Consumers will be more motivated by the presence of results than the contents thereof.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:38 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:19 pm
Posts: 44058
Location: Somewhere between Heaven, Hell, and New England
Titan Robotics really, but I'll join the minority and vote for Antarctica, even with the notes about it being repurposed ARCTIC material.
Bestiary 2, though, seems more likely to come out first, as more of the material has already been written.

_________________
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:52 am
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Posts: 530
Location: a west coast
I'm not interested in any this (and my non-vote reflects that) but if you guys did a kickstarter for the bestiary, then you really need to put that in the "do now" pile and not simply in the "we'll get around to it" pile. it's kinda disrespectful to your fans that backed you hoping for it.

_________________
Looking for some inexpensive weapons? Try chipwell's weapons lineup!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:51 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:48 pm
Posts: 857
Location: Top Secret Goverment Thinktank
None of the above. I want the UWW Source Book.

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:00 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 pm
Posts: 4411
I would like to see antarctica next because the raw was pretty nifty and I would like to see where the finished product goes but really the beastiary is probably the lowest hanging fruit. The bulk of the stuff is things that basically are already done but just get expanded upon and fleshed out and it really is nice if you are trying to run a game not to flip through 40 books looking for a specific critter.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:32 pm
  

Palladium Books® Staff

Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 2:04 pm
Posts: 2036
Dear Palladians,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recommendations on the next titles you would like to see released after our current line-up. There are some serious and sincere concerns that we also see being expressed that we would like to address immediately.

First and foremost, the concerns about RIFTS® Bestiary Volume 2. This book has already begun production as we speak. Much of the artwork is done or being worked on, and as stated, numerous creatures have already been pre-written and will be given the same updating and expansions as seen in Rifts® Bestiary Volume 1. Rift® Bestiary 2, like its predecessor, will be a BIG book and it is a title we are extremely excited about. We have plenty of new ideas for it. From a variety of new creatures by Amy Ashbaugh and Charles Walton to the newest Megaversal Insider tiers such as the Chimera and Ultimate Benefactor rewards. Both are new and uncharted ventures that we want to knock out of the park. This is a title that we are targeting for release by Gen Con 2020.

We have no intention or desire to postpone or delay Rifts® Bestiary Volume 2 in favor of any of the other titles in this poll. We are simply trying to ascertain your level of interest compared to the Bestiary, so we can determine which titles should be considered next. For example, it is clear, so far, that you would rather see Rifts® The Disavowed before Chaos Earth Psychic Scream. That is valuable information. So is seeing so many people mentioning how much they would like to see Rifts® CS Arsenal. More valuable information to gauge your immediate chronological interests in various projected Rifts® titles, so thank you.

We are not looking to put any of these titles on the back burner and we certainly would not purposely delay our Megaversal Insider product behind several titles (allowing these titles to take cuts in line) in front of the insider project. We want to use the forum polls as a mechanism to invite feedback and see which titles have the most awareness and interest for future scheduling. We appreciate and welcome your constructive criticism and feedback on the projected Rifts titles and what you are most excited to see released next and why.

Thank you for your feedback and please know that Rifts® Bestiary 2 is not being delayed by any other title.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
If that's the case then bestiary should never have been an option.

Mind you bestiary should be your focus not titan or manhunter, the latter of which came out of seemingly nowhere to suddenly be at the top of the queue ahead of not just bestiary but other books that have been years in waiting like arsenal and psychic scream. You are literally taking 1000s of dollars at this point for a book that is 3rd in line to be done.

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:14 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 am
Posts: 8567
Location: Northern Gun
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
Many conventions are currently being canceled and large scale public gatherings are iffy.

Considering Palladium's staff darn near dies on a regular basis after any 'normal' convention, with the entire staff coming down with 'con crud' of some flavor or another... which tends to push titles even further down the line.

Now may not be the absolute best time to be planning on Gen Con.

I wouldn't be betting really heavily on there -being- a Gencon.

_________________
Image

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Many conventions are currently being canceled and large scale public gatherings are iffy.

Considering Palladium's staff darn near dies on a regular basis after any 'normal' convention, with the entire staff coming down with 'con crud' of some flavor or another... which tends to push titles even further down the line.

Now may not be the absolute best time to be planning on Gen Con.

I wouldn't be betting really heavily on there -being- a Gencon.


Especially considering the NBA just suspended the season indefinitely....yup.

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 am
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 3163
Location: Denver,CO
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!
What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

_________________
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:09 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 29038
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
I have a very strong active interest in there NEVER being a Rifts: Antarctica book.
That kind of thing is trebling down on one of THE worst aspects of Rifts, which is making a post-apocalyptic world where there are still people EVERYWHERE, especially in places where most PCs are likely to never want or need to go.
Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:05 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
^this

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:25 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
keir451 wrote:
What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

I think most of us can agree that this should have been if not the first one of the first World Books. The CS is the primary antagonist for the Rifts setting and we know less about them than the tech cities of Australia.

Killer Cyborg wrote:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
I have a very strong active interest in there NEVER being a Rifts: Antarctica book.
That kind of thing is trebling down on one of THE worst aspects of Rifts, which is making a post-apocalyptic world where there are still people EVERYWHERE, especially in places where most PCs are likely to never want or need to go.
Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

I understand the sentiment here, and I wish they would do other books first but if someone wanted to write it why not. The great thing about TTRPGs are that you can ignore whatever you want.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:42 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Posts: 530
Location: a west coast
Warshield73 wrote:
keir451 wrote:
What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

I think most of us can agree that this should have been if not the first one of the first World Books. The CS is the primary antagonist for the Rifts setting and we know less about them than the tech cities of Australia.


there's material on the CS in nearly every single rifts book (and possibly a few books that aren't for rifts), so i can't agree with that. i'd maybe consider a "coalition war machine revised edition" with a few things removed and the material from other books collected and formatted properly a good idea but we certainly don't need another CS book at this point. we've got a trove of material on the coalition states- it's just sprinkled everywhere.

_________________
Looking for some inexpensive weapons? Try chipwell's weapons lineup!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:32 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Orin J. wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
keir451 wrote:
What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

I think most of us can agree that this should have been if not the first one of the first World Books. The CS is the primary antagonist for the Rifts setting and we know less about them than the tech cities of Australia.


there's material on the CS in nearly every single rifts book (and possibly a few books that aren't for rifts), so i can't agree with that. i'd maybe consider a "coalition war machine revised edition" with a few things removed and the material from other books collected and formatted properly a good idea but we certainly don't need another CS book at this point. we've got a trove of material on the coalition states- it's just sprinkled everywhere.

The problem with the "sprinkled everywhere" is that it is that the information is both hard to find and contradictory. Look at the basic information in Triax 2 for life in the NGR. I could run a pretty could campaign without having to make up too much crap for characters traveling or operating in the NGR. Try and do that for Chi-town. None of keir45's questions have ever been answered or even sprinkled in books but we are also missing the most basic information on population, economy, and size of military. A full on WB is probably no longer necessary, I maintain that it would have been best for Rifts if a CS WB had been one of the first, but answer to these questions in one of the upcoming CS sourcebooks would be great.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:08 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Posts: 530
Location: a west coast
honestly you could answer all his questions well in a page, and to a degree you can answer them with a sentence: The coalition is a fascist technocracy. TV? entertainment? nah. there's gonna be the one channel run by the ministry of propaganda, that's all they need to broadcast to their citizens. they've already mentioned there's no state sanctioned religion, which is after all the highly suspicious worship of alien beings from another world, and work education is pretty much your work educates you on what you need to do your job. they control all knowledge possible, because that's how they keep their citizens in check.

as for how they patrol their territory and how the common serfs contact them, that's been left open to most every group, hasn't it? that's really too a useful tool to the GM to not leave open.

_________________
Looking for some inexpensive weapons? Try chipwell's weapons lineup!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:00 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm
Posts: 1409
Location: Dayton Ohio
Comment: "Life is not an audition, what we do and say matters."
I don't know about a Coalition States Book, but Special K has said on several occasions he doesn't want a dedicated Chi-Town book.

_________________
JoshHilden.com


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 29038
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
Warshield73 wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

I understand the sentiment here, and I wish they would do other books first but if someone wanted to write it why not. The great thing about TTRPGs are that you can ignore whatever you want.


You CAN... but the more you have to ignore, the more work it takes to do it.
And Rifts is enough work already.
I'd like there to be LESS work, and MORE fun.

I mean, sure, I guess there are some people out there chomping at the bit to know what's happening there, for some reason, but I seriously doubt that Palladium has done any market survey beyond this kind of poll in order to see if there's actually enough customer demand for this particular product to make it worth writing, editing, buying artwork for, and publishing.
I think they mostly rely on the strength of the Rifts brand, assuming that most Rifts players will buy most books with Rifts in the title, but that brand has diminished over time in part due to bad and/or unwanted books being published.

As I've often said, it's been 30 years, and we still don't know what Chi-Town really looks like, and that's the most important city in the primary setting for the game: North America.
We only found out what Tolkeen was like when it was destroyed.
We haven't heard jack about Shaedo since the RMB, I believe.
It took forever to get a book on Madhaven.
It took forever for the Republicans to get any real description, and even then everything about them seemed to be retconned from previous mentions.
We still don't have a book on Lazlo.
We still don't have a book on New Lazlo.
We still don't have a book on Chillicothe.
We still don't have a book on The D-Shifting lands.
We still don't have a PROPER book on Psyscape, one that actually describes anything about the city or the culture.
We still don't have a book on the Gateway Arch.
We still don't have a book on Iron Heart.
We still don't have a book on most parts of Europe.
We still have ONE book on the entire gigantic continent of Africa, and it's not very informative.
We still don't have a sequel to Australia. (I understand why they don't want to use the same author's sequels, but surely they could find another author if they wanted)

There are some pretty important places that haven't been sufficiently addressed, but somebody out there wants to write a book on the Antarctic...?
I don't get it, and I don't know why Palladium would think it's a good business decision unless they've been getting a LOT more people asking about that part of the planet than I'd expect.

Also, you know what's easier for people to ignore than a World Book?
A Dimension Book.
Whatever kind of stuff they want to put in Antarctica, they could just as easily put into "Dimension Book X: Iceworld Definitely-NOT-Hoth" or whatever.
The game is called Rifts, and it's about a world with interdimensional portals... and yet that's one of the most neglected aspects of the game.

Grumble, grumble.
Bah, humbug.
Cyborg out.
:P

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:55 am
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 29038
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
Josh Hilden wrote:
I don't know about a Coalition States Book, but Special K has said on several occasions he doesn't want a dedicated Chi-Town book.


When I talked to Kevin, he seemed surprised that I wanted to know more about Chi-Town, because he didn't think much goes on there.
I was surprised, and reminded him of the City Rat OCC description:

The city rat is one of the denizens of the city's who lives in its lower levels, tunnels, and sewers. Most have never been beyond the city walls and view the outside world as wondrous, scary, and alien. Their world is the dark city streets, crowded with people, garbage, vehicles, and vermin. They know the back streets, and often the sewers and access tunnels, like most know the highways and avenues. They can spot a drug dealer from a 1000 feet away and know the advantages and dangers offered by the cyber-doc.

There's an entire OCC of city-dwelling adventurers, and most of them have never been outside the city walls.
Yet we know jack-all about the cities these guys spend their lives adventuring in.

But doesn't that description make us WANT to know more....?
Doesn't that make cities sound more interesting than the Antarctic, at the very least?

Eh.
It's Kevin's company. If he doesn't want to describe the capital city of the most powerful nation in the primary setting of his flagship game, then he doesn't have to.
But I don't understand that decision.

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:09 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm
Posts: 1409
Location: Dayton Ohio
Comment: "Life is not an audition, what we do and say matters."
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Eh.

It's Kevin's company. If he doesn't want to describe the capital city of the most powerful nation in the primary setting of his flagship game, then he doesn't have to.

But I don't understand that decision.


Yep.

_________________
JoshHilden.com


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 am
Posts: 8567
Location: Northern Gun
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Josh Hilden wrote:
I don't know about a Coalition States Book, but Special K has said on several occasions he doesn't want a dedicated Chi-Town book.


When I talked to Kevin, he seemed surprised that I wanted to know more about Chi-Town, because he didn't think much goes on there.
I was surprised, and reminded him of the City Rat OCC description:

The city rat is one of the denizens of the city's who lives in its lower levels, tunnels, and sewers. Most have never been beyond the city walls and view the outside world as wondrous, scary, and alien. Their world is the dark city streets, crowded with people, garbage, vehicles, and vermin. They know the back streets, and often the sewers and access tunnels, like most know the highways and avenues. They can spot a drug dealer from a 1000 feet away and know the advantages and dangers offered by the cyber-doc.

There's an entire OCC of city-dwelling adventurers, and most of them have never been outside the city walls.
Yet we know jack-all about the cities these guys spend their lives adventuring in.

But doesn't that description make us WANT to know more....?
Doesn't that make cities sound more interesting than the Antarctic, at the very least?

Eh.
It's Kevin's company. If he doesn't want to describe the capital city of the most powerful nation in the primary setting of his flagship game, then he doesn't have to.
But I don't understand that decision.



Cuz it would be hard?
I'm not trying to be mean but it's a mega city. No matter how well it's done, you're talking about a city many many many times bigger than modern ones. It's the old 'Death star computation" you don't just have to worry about the physical foot print, but every single level all the way to the top as you can inhabit all the inside.

No matter how well it's done, people are going to have fault with it. "Why is X this way, what about Y, well if you look at Z, there's no reason mages can't teleport in with impunity (Or "OHHH they had to add X to stop mages from teleporting in with impunity after 30 years of 'Why is Chi town still stannding when I could destroy it with a few mage spells Q,R,S).
Even with a 500 page book the vast majority of the city would need to be glossed over.

So..... I can understand not 'wanting' to do it, considering those.

That said. it's been 30 years. Time to pull up ya undies, put on a helmet and get it done.

Yes it'll be a difficult build/write and you'll need to take time to plot it out. (Huge sheets of paper to overlay would be a good start) You'd need to research actual cities, and space stations and stuff to get it even REMOTELY right.... but it should have been one of the first 5 books done. That it's not is a criminal omission.

Also, yes we DO need a full series of books on the CS states. Chi Town. Iron Heart, etc. With entire books dedicated to them.

We literally know more about the culture of made up, large breasted, alien, androids, built by a machine intelligence that likes to fool people into thinking he's a giant brain..... than the -culture- and inner workings of the CS.

_________________
Image

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:43 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm
Posts: 1409
Location: Dayton Ohio
Comment: "Life is not an audition, what we do and say matters."
I'd just take the Century Station approach.

_________________
JoshHilden.com


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Mega City is a Stretch....iirc it has a pop of only 2 million or so (that would put it only 8th currently in North America.... is 2 miles per side at its base and has 40 levels (sloped upwards but if we say its 4sq miles per level that's 160 square miles of area covered which is not even top 50 in the US from what I can find)....that is more or less modern city sized. Add in the 'Burbs where a lot of actual citizens live....

They could pretty easily do a generalized map of each level (they a few for Center now THAT is a mega city/fortress)...and most levels would look like suburbs of 2-4 story buildings (to me making it similar to parts of old Montreal) with a ring road and maybe a couple of streets thru the interior of the level (again iirc each level ranges from 40-60ft high). Higher levels have more "house" like structures while lower ones have duplexes and such as well as industrial building sprawls. Sub-levels would be sprawling factories, fusion generators, geo thermal power, high command bunkers, military facilities, hydroponics so on and so forth. Again they did a smaller scale of this for Center on Phaseworld, they did maps for a city of 50 000 on a ship for Macross, they can do this.

I will say I prefer the square base pyramidal style originally depicted over the conical one inside the cover of RUE. Give much more volume to work with.

Add to that, Chi-town is THE hub of CS culture be it music, fashion, TV, Movies, Radio. Anyone who thinks it would be a one station broadcaster is an idiot. It would be a minimum of 3-4 showing different things for the different folks of the CS. It would be HEAVILY regulated but there would at least be a semblance of "choice". Each city would have it's own radio stations much like today. AND it is THE capital where all the puppet masters of the nation are.

For anyone to say this book isn't needed has not been paying attention. It was needed and still is needed just like Lazlo was/is, just like Tolkeen was and was never really realized as it should have been. You do not build an entire setting around such a strong antagonist and have almost ZERO real information on it's society.

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:56 am
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Posts: 530
Location: a west coast
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
We literally know more about the culture of made up, large breasted, alien, androids, built by a machine intelligence that likes to fool people into thinking he's a giant brain..... than the -culture- and inner workings of the CS.


i mean- they're authoritarian fascists. we already know how this goes, they HAVE no real culture besides terminal "big brother syndrome". that can't afford to because any culture would have to be easily and totally replaced at the will of the leadership, which isn't how it works. if anything, kev needs to come out and explain the ugly realities of governments like the coalition and how ruling through fear works because people are clearly imagining that there's great things going on in chi-town when there's no reason to assume it isn't all highly rationed and trapped in a constant "support the war effort" mentality with everyone too busy suspecting their neighbors to develop a sense of community beyond what the state tells them they have.

problem is there's not really a book's worth of material in there, and it's.....that stuff isn't gonna sell books. at least ARCHIE is a fun guy, the proseks are just typical dictators. they're only interesting for their military endevours, the rest of the time they're boorish and dull.

_________________
Looking for some inexpensive weapons? Try chipwell's weapons lineup!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:07 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 29038
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
Orin J. wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
We literally know more about the culture of made up, large breasted, alien, androids, built by a machine intelligence that likes to fool people into thinking he's a giant brain..... than the -culture- and inner workings of the CS.


i mean- they're authoritarian fascists. we already know how this goes, they HAVE no real culture besides terminal "big brother syndrome".


All societies have culture.
We have next to no information on stuff like:
Common foods
Common religions
Slang
Forms of Entertainment
Music
Forms of art
Common types of media
Street drugs
Societal Issues of Note
Powerful businesses
Celebrities
or darned near anything else about living in the CS, or especially about life inside one of the big cities.

Even the Nazis had culture beyond goose-stepping. Their authoritarianist fascism didn't stop people from going to movies, dining out, listening to music, or anything else.
Now, it tainted all of those things, but that taint was itself part of their culture.
Just not the whole part.
They're not Daleks; they do more than just spin in circles screaming EXTERMINATE at each other.

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:47 am
Posts: 4
As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH. vmate
tubemate mobdro

_________________
mobdro tubemate


Last edited by rinkymehra on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:04 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
But.....bestiary reference and antarctica!!!!!

/sarcasm

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 am
  

User avatar
Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Posts: 6515
Location: Apocrypha
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
rinkymehra wrote:
As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.


Welcome to the world of everyone who's been waiting for LotD3 and/or the two 2nd edition BTS books.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:53 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
The Beast wrote:
rinkymehra wrote:
As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.


Welcome to the world of everyone who's been waiting for LotD3 and/or the two 2nd edition BTS books.

Umm, Mechanoid Space anyone

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:08 am
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
The difference is arsenal likely has interest exceeding "dozens of people"

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:26 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Posts: 530
Location: a west coast
Eh, the CS already has a massive pile of kit really. i get some people want new stuff for them every book, but their military already has the most over-burdened TO&E conceivable.

_________________
Looking for some inexpensive weapons? Try chipwell's weapons lineup!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:53 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Orin J. wrote:
Eh, the CS already has a massive pile of kit really. i get some people want new stuff for them every book, but their military already has the most over-burdened TO&E conceivable.

I'm also pretty sure Mechanoids Space will sell more than a few dozen copies.

As for the CS, if these books gives me units within the CS that haven't been described before or avenues of adventure I will always take more. If they just give new toys I can go without. I'll still buy it of course but rather have new aliens, d-bees, and places to adventure.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:43 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 10819
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Eh after almost 30 years? Probably not.

_________________
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:22 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
jaymz wrote:
Eh after almost 30 years? Probably not.

For most people this will not be a 30 year old property, it will be a new space adventure game with giant psionic cyborgs that destroy whole star systems.

Will it sell as well as the more popular Rifts titles, probably not especially if there are no follow on books. Will it sell better than Nightbane, BTS, PFRPG almost certainly. What do I base this on, just a feeling backed by the fact that the old Mechanoids Trilogy is about to go for it's at least third printing at that is not barely a playable game.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:10 pm
  

User avatar
Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Posts: 6515
Location: Apocrypha
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Selling better than BTS is a pretty low bar considering BTS is incomplete.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:19 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 am
Posts: 2341
Location: Houston, TX
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
The Beast wrote:
Selling better than BTS is a pretty low bar considering BTS is incomplete.

That would be why I didn't list it alone, but I included it because they are planning to release a book for it.

_________________
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:36 pm
  

User avatar
Palladin

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 am
Posts: 8567
Location: Northern Gun
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.
"Planning to release a book for it".

_________________
Image

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:10 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 546
Location: Anywhere i roam. . . . .
Warshield73 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
rinkymehra wrote:
As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.


Welcome to the world of everyone who's been waiting for LotD3 and/or the two 2nd edition BTS books.

Umm, Mechanoid Space anyone


I'm with you maybe fold it into phase world but I want mechanoids space.

_________________
RIFTS FREEDOM RUN


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group