Who's going? Are you running anything?

I plan on running 4 adventures.

3 Beyond the Supernatural
1 Heroes Unlimited

Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: GenCon 2020
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
There with the usual Palladium Crew (I smell Italian already). Will be running one Heroes and two Palladium Fantasy. An adventure in Lopan
and a new one taking place in Timiro.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
I have only been able to go to Gen Con twice and I do not get to this year (I'm really hoping for 2022) but as I was reading this week's update towards the end this hit me.
Weekly Update – April 9, 2020 wrote:
So far, Gen Con (scheduled for the last couple days of July and first few of August) has not been cancelled or rescheduled. I’m torn about it. On one hand I hope it still happens, on the other hand, it might be better, safer if it did not. Will it see its usual attendance or will it be reduced? A lot of people from across North America and overseas attend this wonderful event, but this year?

Now put aside the virus and assume it is safe to gather in large numbers again by the end of July. With all the economic problems is it a good idea to have it this year? Will companies be able to afford to attend? Will there be enough attendance to make it worth the trip for those that do?

For those of you who attend more often or are planning to go this year what do you think?

Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

I plan on going. Will attendance be affected? Probably. I think some people who normally go will not be able to afford it. But, with everyone couped up indoors, the appeal to get out of the house and do something/go somewhere will be strong. I've seen people dump a ton of money at GenCon (I've done it myself), but they don't necessarily have to do that. I get the feeling sales will be lower and attendance will be down, but thousands will still attend.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
As an Indiana resident I can tell you this. As 4/10/2020 the number of confirmed cases being REPORTED in Indiana keep increasing +500-750 every 24 hours. 300 Deaths
so we're up there with the other top 14 states, and its not all concentrated around Indy. They moved the Indy 500 to August. Which means Gen Con, Indy 500, and State
Fair are being squeezed together. Indianapolis is really hoping this thing goes away. We have a governor who is on top of stuff. Its citizens (in my neck of the state) doing a
pretty good job social distancing. As one of the guys behind the Palladium booth during Gen Con and one of the guys running events, I look forward to the next Gen Con
the second the event is over on Sunday. I live for this event. The opportunity to hang with Kevin and the Palladium Booth Crew and run games with complete strangers is
so important to me. I will be there if the event can be held safely. I would also like to go back to work, but it all depends if Las Vegas, Chicago, and the Michiana area can
get a hold of this thing, and make sure nobody starts getting sick with a second wave in May, especially pasted Memorial Day weekend. Stay safe everyone.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:31 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Life is like a potato; sometimes it's brown, but sometimes it's green.
Since it's online this year, I'll be able to "attend" GenCon 2020. :-)
I'll be running two (maybe 3) Palladium events. Probably a Rifts and a HU, maybe a third.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:18 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.
I'm considering it. I don't have anything new to run though that I haven't already ran at an Open House or a local convention.

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | New Temporal Magic
Rifts random encounters | New Elemental Magic | Lore: Superhuman

OK, Boomer.