Raw Preview of Lopan

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Raw Preview of Lopan

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

I assume that the purpose is just for fun?

Either way, I would like to see this book personally. I've been enjoying the RAW previews so far.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Your showing interest right now just by posting.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

kaid wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Is the purpose of the RAW previews to generate income towards the production of the final version... or is it an opportunity for those who purchase it to add additional feedback... or both... or neither?

I'm actually a bit hazy as to why "rough cut" books are released.

I think mostly its a low hanging fruit to generate income as a collectors item limited sale thing. Indirectly if it helps keep palladium going it helps towards final production.

I'd prefer to see fully finished NEW books get done.

Not raws.
Not references like beastiaries.
Not compiled reprinted material like the last splicers.

We are pushing two frickin years since the last fully new completed book which was sovietskii in March 2018.

How about they focus on that?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

To clarify, the raw preview editions are for fun, for the curious and for new writers. The unfinished and incomplete manuscript is published to show prospective writers the before and later, the after.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Editor
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Do the writers get paid twice?

For the first partially completed book. (No art, not final editing)
And then
For the second, and presumed completed book, complete with art, and editing and polish?

I'm curious as how that would work, as a prospective writer. Because it would seem that they should, as Palladium is publishing two books with the writer's work, and will get paid for both.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Do the writers get paid twice?

For the first partially completed book. (No art, not final editing)
And then
For the second, and presumed completed book, complete with art, and editing and polish?

I'm curious as how that would work, as a prospective writer. Because it would seem that they should, as Palladium is publishing two books with the writer's work, and will get paid for both.

i would say it's more like multiple editions of the same book, so probably the same way that's handled, however that is.
Nursahburen
Wanderer
Comment: i have DIM MAK.

Unread post by Nursahburen »

I'm all for a Lopan RAW I love the RAW Editions.. keep em' coming!

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”