Is Palladium Still Publishing Novels?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Re: Is Palladium Still Publishing Novels?

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

jaymz wrote:Honestly I am surprised they haven't done Hammer and the Forge as a compilation similar to Machinations of Doom with NPCs statted out etc.....though I think has something to do with they;'d have to pay the author again since writing for the Rifter and writing for the company itself are two different things in regards to pay scale.

Don't take it as Ape Law but I'm pretty sure if it's in the Rifter they own it outright and can do anything with it they want.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Not trying to throw rocks but as a subscriber. I would dislike that idea.

I pay for the rifter subscription for stuff I can use. The serial fiction in the Rifter was the part I skipped and thought just took up page count.

One now and then is fine and good, but an entire rifter of stuff I'll never use in my games would feel like I got 3/4ths of what I paid for.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Yeah I only suggest it because that may be the only way they'll publish fiction is all.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Not trying to throw rocks but as a subscriber. I would dislike that idea.

I pay for the rifter subscription for stuff I can use. The serial fiction in the Rifter was the part I skipped and thought just took up page count.

One now and then is fine and good, but an entire rifter of stuff I'll never use in my games would feel like I got 3/4ths of what I paid for.

No rocks taken, I understand that completely. Actually I was always upset that we never got gaming stats for some of the alien races and ships that were in stories like Hammer of the Forge so I get that and you would probably not be the only one that would be upset with that so I am going to retract my dumb idea.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I didn't say it was dumb.

Just not what -------I------- want from a rifter.

It would be a great idea for something 'else'. I don't know that Palladium could produce a literary magazine like that quarterly but maybe yearly. A one off from Palladium showcasing Palladium fiction stories? THAT would be something I could get behind. I might even buy.

Sort of like when I need a rope I don't go buy a hose. You CAN use a hose for a rope but it's not really what you're after?

But.. if I need a hose..... sure. I might buy the hose. :)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

To be honest. A yearly literary magazine (The size of the rifter) From Palladium? Heck I'd probably write something for it. (Not sure if they'd publish it, but I'd try)

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I didn't say it was dumb.

Just not what -------I------- want from a rifter.

It would be a great idea for something 'else'. I don't know that Palladium could produce a literary magazine like that quarterly but maybe yearly. A one off from Palladium showcasing Palladium fiction stories? THAT would be something I could get behind. I might even buy.

Sort of like when I need a rope I don't go buy a hose. You CAN use a hose for a rope but it's not really what you're after?

But.. if I need a hose..... sure. I might buy the hose. :)

No, I called it a dumb idea because I didn't think it through. An all fiction issue would probably PO a lot of subscribers. I get cranky when there are too many previews for upcoming releases or additional materials for books that are already out so I can just imagine how cranky I would be if an entire issue was previews and additional information.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:To be honest. A yearly literary magazine (The size of the rifter) From Palladium? Heck I'd probably write something for it. (Not sure if they'd publish it, but I'd try)

Much better idea.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”