Tree People R.C.C.
Optional Player Character
R.C.C. Abilities & Bonuses
1. Psionic abilities: All tree people have the psychic power to sense supernatural evil identical to the dog boys. 10% are also master psionics with psychic healing powers.
2. P.P.E.: Base P.P.E. is 3D6.
3. Nightvision: 1000 feet (305 m), but poor day vision, about 200 feet (61 m) in bright sun; that's why they like the jungle and forest where it is shadowy even during the day. The also have keen hearing and sense of smell.
4. Prehensile feet and opposable thumb: Their feet give them greater speed, mobility and stability when climbing, swinging and gliding from tree branch to tree branch. This also means they can use weapons and tools and carry objects with their feet.
5. Glide: The lightweight critters (typically 30 pounds/13.6 kg) can spread their arms out or forward to fan the leathery membrane under their arms to soar through the trees, make spectacular leaps and flips, and glide to the ground like a flying squirrel.
Leap from standing still — 30 ft (9 m) lengthwise.
Running leap — up to 100 feet (30.5 m) lengthwise straight across; +3 to dodge during this speedy leap.
Glide down from above or a leap — speed is about 11, duration of the gliding free fall depends on the height from which the jump was made and wind conditions. Leaps from great heights can carry the little D-bee up to half a mile away.
6. Attributes: I.Q. 3D6, M.A. 4D6, M.E. 3D6, P.S. 3D4, P.P. 3D6, P.E. 3D6, P.B. 3D6, Spd. 4D6 running or climbing, but multiply by ten when they are running, swinging and gliding through the treetops! Size: Three feet to three feet, four inches (0.9 to 1 m) in height and about 30 to 50 pounds (13.6 to 22.6 kg) in weight.
7. Bonuses: +15 S.D.C., +1 additional attack per melee round. +2 on initiative, +3 to save vs all types of poisons and disease. All bonuses are in addition to possible attribute and skill bonuses.
8. Alignment: Typically good or selfish, rarely evil.
9. O.C.C. Attribute Requirements: Not applicable.
- Speaks native tongue at 98%
- Gobblely, Pygmy, Swahili and Euro at 85%
- Select one other of choice (+10%)
- Acrobatics (+10%)
- Gymnastics (+5%)
- Climb (+20%)
- Prowl (+10%)
- Running (+1 to P.E., +4D4 to spd, +1D6 to S.D.C.)
- Track Animals (+10%)
- Land Navigation (+15% in the jungle, reduce to 5% elsewhere)
- Wilderness Survival (+20%)
- Identify Plants & Fruits (+15%)
- Cook (+10%)
- W.P. Targeting (60% use throwing sticks and spears, 40% bows & arrows)
- W.P. Blunt (use war clubs and throwing sticks)
- W.P. Ancient of choice
- Hand to Hand: Expert
- Other hand to hand combat skills are not available. Females and those who are not a hunter-warrior have the hand to hand: basic skill.
O.C.C. Related Skills: Select three "other" skills. Plus select two additional skills at level two, one at level four, one at level eight, and one at level twelve. All new skills start at level one proficiency.
Secondary Skills: At levels three and eight the character also gets to select three secondary skills from those listed, excluding those marked "None." These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage ofthe bonus listed in parentheses. All secondary skills start at the base skill level.
- Communications: Radio: basic only
- Domestic: Any (+10%)
- Electrical: None
- Espionage: None
- Mechanical: None
- Medical: First Aid or Holistic only (+5%)
- Military: None
- Physical: Any except acrobatics, boxing and S.C.U.B.A.
- Pilot: Horsemanship, water vessels, and hover vehicles only.
- Pilot Related: None
- Rogue: Any (+5%), except computer and streetwise.
- Science: Basic math.
- Technical: Lore and language only (+10%).
- W.P.: Any
- Wilderness: Any (+10%)
Standard Equipment: Rope belt, 10 feet (3 m) of rope and a small sack. 40% have such modern amenities as a canteen, utility belt, sunglasses, tinted goggles, air filter, infrared distancing binoculars, mirror, small knives and tools. Most items, particularly clothes, shoes and electronic equipment, are regarded as useless junk.
Weapons: War club (2D6 S.D.C.) or 1D4 wood throwing sticks (1D6 S.D.C.) and/or a spear. 10% have a vibro-knife, neuro-mace, laser scalpel, handgun or tool of some kind. 15% have magic pygmy charms, talismans, millennium tree items or other magic weapon or item. They rarely wear body armor of any kind, even Millennium Tree leaves.
Vehicle: None. Travels on foot, swings through trees or glides.
Money: None. Personal possessions mean little in this society. All work together and share to survive.
Cybernetics: None. Never heard of the stuff and don't want any.
Note: Tree people hate supernatural monsters, witches and evil magic and try to chase such beings out of their jungle or destroy them.