Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Feb. 12, 2015
By Kevin Siembieda
It has been an inspired work week at the Palladium offices as we survive a little more snow, some freezing rain and plunging temperatures. It will be six below zero Saturday and Sunday morning. Heck, today’s high was only 13 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrr. A good week to stay indoors and get books finished and to the printer.
UPDATE: 2 weeks left for The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – ends the weekend of February 28, 2015
Time is running out to take advantage of the unique and fun selection of FREE gift items available during this once a year special offer. And this year’s gift selections are the most unique and enticing ever. Why? Because I want YOU to discover the value and fun every issue of The Rifter® has to offer. The Rifter® is an excellent gaming resource for players and G.M.s alike. Adventures, monsters, and villains for any given setting can all be easily adapted to other game settings.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive only happens once a year, and in addition to saving $16.00 off the retail price, you can get some cool free gifts, so take a look at it. Please keep The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive going strong. This offer ENDS the weekend of February 28, 2015.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ – Ships February 24, 2015
I bet you forgot all about this one, didn’t you? I sure forgot to mention it coming back in stock in the last Weekly Update or two.
Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ is an epic sourcebook for Rifts® Chaos Earth® that explores the explosive return of magic that comes along with the Great Cataclysm. How do survivors of an ongoing cataclysm deal with the sudden appearance of demons, monsters and magic? Magic that appears along the Blue Zones (ley lines) and magic that is suddenly being cast by ordinary people – children and teenagers in particular? Read the book and find out! You won’t be sorry.
We are taking pre-orders for Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ right now. It ships in less than two weeks! Heck, order one when you place your order for a subscription to The Rifter® this weekend. I approved the digital proofs and cover this morning. The printer has already confirmed the February 24 ship date. The book looks great.
Even though Chaos Earth® Rise of Magic™ was a popular sourcebook for the Chaos Earth® series, it was left out of print the last few years. In part, because there were a zillion small corrections and tweaks to be made and we had to completely re-layout the book. Well, it is done and at the printer. Note: See the complete description later in this update.
What’s Next for Chaos Earth®?
UPDATE: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Getting close
This is the beast I have been pounding away on with fierce intensity. First, it is being expanded from 160 pages to 192 pages. Second, it is illustrated with dynamic artwork by Chuck Walton, Tanya Ramsey, Mark Dudley, Ben Rodriguez, Amy Ashbaugh and me. Third, it is packed – and I mean packed – with all sorts of background, world information, people, places and adventure ideas galore. Not to mention new monsters and creatures.
I think one of the monsters is destined to become a fan favorite, a race of humanoids known as the Iceborn. They are one of the forgotten archaic races that people south of Bizantium and as close as the Eastern Territory don’t even believe exist. They think the Iceborn are nothing more than the stuff of legend. A mythological boogie-man spoken of in tall tales from Bizantium sailors to frighten children and outsiders. Those people are gravely mistaken.
The Iceborn are hate-filled nomadic savages who call upon the dark powers of Necromancy and Witchcraft given to them by an ancient evil. They travel the Icy Ocean and Northern Sea, with no place they call home. They live aboard massive ships made from the corpses of sea serpents. Each vessel is both warship and the tribe’s floating home. Every few years the Iceborn press south to raid the ships and coasts of Bizantium, the Great Northern Wilderness and the Land of the Damned. (Yes, they are so brazen they’ll attack the Land of the Damned!) Every century or so, they sweep down from the Great Ice Shelf en masse, on a campaign of slaughter and death. Such a campaign is long overdue. So overdue that some among the people of Bizantium hope that the Iceborn have finally perished in the harsh environment of ice and death far to the north. If only that were true.
The Iceborn are just one small part of the Bizantium sourcebook. Do I sound excited? I am. And I think you will be too. Writer Glen Evans has inspired me to expand upon his work to release what I think is an epic and exciting new world book for Palladium Fantasy. And I hope it is only the first of several new sourcebooks for the Palladium Fantasy setting coming down the pipe. Note: See the complete description later in this update.
I have to admit, I’ve been on fire working on this book. Jeff Burke said he hates disturbing me, because every time he walks into my room I look “intense, focused and typing like mad. Like a man possessed.” Fellow writer, Matthew Clements, said everything he has read from me “is inspired” and “inspiring.” Chuck Walton concurs, “Kevin,” he told me, “this writing inspires me.” I love it. I worked on Bizantium for 20 hours over the weekend, Saturday and Sunday, and most of this week. Even on days like today, when I was forced to deal with other matters, I put in no less than five hours working on Bizantium. Yesterday, I wrote from 7:30 AM till 7:30 PM, stopping only to eat and take a few short breaks. I expect to be done by the end of next week.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #69 – February Release
Wayne Smith has selected most of the material for The Rifter® #69 and the artwork has been assigned. It is another issue that has gotten pushed back as we focus on many different things that need to get done, but it is another great issue, and we’re already working on The Rifter® #70 as well.
UPDATE: Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
The second I’m done with Bizantium I am all over Robotech® Marines. I want this book out in March. April at the latest.
UPDATE: Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ sourcebook – Spring release
Nothing new on this front other than the fact that I am determined to make Chaos Earth® Resurrection a Spring release and Chuck is working on the cover even as you read this. A March or April release.
UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™
For the moment, I have left work on Robotech® RPG Tactics™ in the capable hands of Wayne Smith, Jeff Burke and others. I know they are planning more things for posting online, the FAQ, and a surprise or two. Wayne spoke to the manufacturer about changes needed on Wave Two game pieces and he and Jeff Burke continue to review and correct the engineered 3D renders.
FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Paint Guide Resource now available on DriveThruRPG. This is a pair of PDFs of Robotech® mecha presented as black and white line art as well as in various color schemes. They are a) for your reference, and b) for you to use to create your own color schemes on the computer before you paint.
Australia & Europe Shipping Updates. In an ironic moment earlier this week, the two ships with the containers holding Kickstarter backer rewards heading to the European Union and Australia (each going opposite directions) passed within a couple miles of each other off the coast of North Carolina. They were out of coastal radar range when they passed, but Wayne did manage to snap a screenshot of their paths crossing each other a couple hours after it happened.
UPDATE: AdeptiCon – March 19-22, 2015, Chicago – www.adepticon.org
We packed up the 14 cases of giveaways (1,000 pieces) for the AdeptiCon swag bags last week and they are already in the convention’s hands (thanks Greg). It is a Robotech® RPG Tactics™ sprue with two Valkyries in battloid mode. We also sent out the three gold edition books for the charity auction. Wow, are the AdeptiCon people great to work with. Everyone seems to be really on the ball and they love this hobby. I can see why AdeptiCon is so successful and growing like crazy. We are so pleased to be part of it this year. Can’t believe it is next month already. Please come by the Palladium booth to chat, see Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and pick up product. http://www.adepticon.org
Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament at AdeptiCon – www.adepticon.org
It’s big. It’s fun. There are prizes. Register for this event. We’ve been told the more people who register, the bigger the event will become. The big AdeptiCon Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Tournament is Battle for Macross City™. Here are the highlights:
- This tournament will be 300 points and have several games with fantastic scenarios.
- Each table shall be a beautiful custom creation, for a unique gaming experience.
- Five different awards will ensure that no matter what aspect of the hobby you are most interested in, there is an award that will be for you.
- This tourney is for all levels of players, from first time tournament and convention attendees to the seasoned gamer.
- If you find yourself in the Chicagoland area, we would love for you to sign up, stop by and say hello and meet a group of people who have the same interests as you. Even if you are unlikely to play, we would be happy to meet everyone. Come join the fun, fast-paced game of Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Slots are limited!
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com – FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ color guides and more
In the last couple of weeks, Wayne has added some Robotech® RPG Tactics™ supplemental material including four game cards and the mecha painting/color design templates. There is much more to come for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and other Palladium game lines.
The FREE Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Paint Guide Resource. The color guide in the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book contains several classic paint schemes from the Robotech® universe, providing different visual options for every unit in the game. Ah, but what about those of you who want to create your own paint schemes? Use these PDFs as work sheets to create your paint schemes and unique designs on the computer before you go to paint the actual game pieces.
Each of the PDFs provided contains the templates created by artist Jeffrey Burke for the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ rule book. They are in a digital format so that you can colorize and alter them using Photoshop, Paint, or almost any other graphics program to work out and test your original squadron designs. For your convenience, we included the color art as well as black and white “blank” versions of each unit for those of you who want to start from the ground up.
Test out your paint schemes, see how units look next to each other, and get a feel for how your army will look before you break out the paintbrushes. Enjoy.
Much, much more is coming in the weeks ahead. We plan to add a bunch of new material to DriveThruRPG.com over the next several weeks, so keep an eye on it. DriveThruRPG.com already offers 90+ Palladium Books titles available as PDFs with more to be made available soon. They currently include the Coalition Wars®/Siege on Tolkeen™ series, Splicers® RPG, The Rifter® issues #1-58 (with more being added soon), and first edition rules of the Rifts® RPG, Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, Heroes Unlimited™ RPG, The Palladium Fantasy RPG®, and related 1st edition sourcebooks for each. And more! Like what? Like Fantasy Paper Miniatures and Game Master Kits for digital download. They are available only as PDF files and were designed special to help you run your games and build campaigns. There are also sneak previews of books and other good stuff. Check it out! And let other gamers know they are available too. We’ll be making more available on DriveThruRPG.com in the weeks and months to come. So take a look on a regular basis.
UPDATE: 2015 Palladium Open House (POH) – May 15-17, 2015 – at the Palladium warehouse in Westland, Michigan
As we start to finalize our plans for the 2015 Palladium Open House – the best ever, we hope – we are starting to realize this may really be our last Open House. In the future, we suspect we will not have the room to host the gathering in our warehouse, amongst other considerations. That makes preparations for this (last?) Open House a little bittersweet. Another reason to make it the best one ever.
The VIP Thursday tickets are almost sold out! I think there are only a half dozen or so left, so if you are planning to be at VIP night, order very soon. Sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Note: If you are told tickets are sold out, put your name on the waiting list. Every year there are easily a half dozen people who have to cancel a couple weeks and even a few days before the POH. When they do, we call the next person on the “VIP Cancellation List.”
Please “reserve” your hotel rooms NOW. It helps Palladium immensely. Likewise, please order your admissions sooner than later so we know how many gaming events to schedule.
● Approximately 30 Palladium Creators have confirmed they will be at the Open House.
● TIME SENSITIVE: Reserve your rooms soon for the 2015 Open House Hotel! Your credit card will NOT be charged until May, so there is no reason not to play it safe and reserve your room. Note: Hotels within a 20 mile area WILL BE BOOKED due to a sporting event the same weekend. You need to RESERVE YOUR ROOM TODAY or the next available hotel may be 20+ miles away. Seriously!
40455 Ann Arbor Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Group Code: Palladium Books – you MUST request the Group Code “Palladium Books” at the time of booking to ensure the correct rate will be quoted and billed to you.
Dates of the 2015 Palladium Open House (POH): May 15-17 (May 14 is VIP Thursday), 2015. $109.00 (plus tax) per night for two queen beds or one king with a sofa that has a pull-out sleeper. ALL rooms have a microwave & fridge and FREE high-speed wired/wireless Internet. The hotel also offers a FREE hot breakfast from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. near the lobby, heated indoor swimming pool, a fitness center (24 hours), and a coin operated laundry. If you know you are coming to the 2015 Palladium Open House, we recommend you reserve your room today. Important Note: You MUST give them the Group Code: Palladium Books to get this rate. Call 734-455-8100 to make your reservation. The hotel does NOT charge your credit card until a few days before the event and you can cancel up to May 10, 2015. So there is no reason to wait.
For more info and to purchase tickets to the Palladium Open House, click here.
Gen Con Indy – July 30 to August 2, 2015
The important thing right now is we NEED Game Masters who plan to run Palladium events to contact Palladium Books and/or Gen Con game coordinator NMI with information about your games. We need your game info as soon as possible to get your games registered and in the Gen Con program book and online pre-reg. Getting the games listed in the Gen Con Games Pre-Registration is vital to get the outstanding showing we saw at last year’s Gen Con. PLEASE get us ALL game information ASAP to make it into the online pre-reg.
Happy Valentine’s Day
Saturday is Valentine’s Day. Be kind and considerate of your sweetheart, express your love and appreciation, and have a nice day. And from me to you, we love you crazy gaming maniacs. You’re why we do all this. Many of you have been with us through thick and thin. Some of you are new. All of us have shared adventures and worlds that are a joy to visit and explore. Thank you for enjoying the worlds we create and for being the greatest fans anyone could hope for. Game on and keep those amazing imaginations burning bright – always.
– Kevin Siembieda, Game Designer, Writer, Publisher
Rise of Magic™ – Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook – February
We’ve all played “post” apocalyptic games. Now imagine playing as the apocalypse is happening. As the world you know is crumbling. As magic and monsters from myth become real and your world is reshaped by forces beyond your comprehension. That is the premise behind the Rifts® Chaos Earth® series. That YOU play through the Great Cataclysm as the apocalypse happens.
Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ is a key book in that continuing story (new books are coming this Spring and Summer). In Rise of Magic™, humans, particularly children, are discovering they can draw upon mystic energy and cast magic. The thing is, they don’t really know what they are doing. Magic is just part of the chaos and the impossible that is happening all around them. Meanwhile, others have found they can summon and control monsters and demons, while still others make pacts with supernatural beings to become witches and worse. And some have learned they can harness the magic to animate and command the dead. Madness and more chaos ensues. All of this only complicates things for NEMA, Earth’s defenders, as the line of distinction between “good guys” and “bad guys” begins to blur, and things go from bad to worse.
- Chaos Magic, new magic specific to the Chaos Earth® setting.
- 100+ unique Chaos Magic spells.
- New magic O.C.C.s like the Blue Zone Wizard and Chaos Wizard.
- New evil magic users like the Chaos Witch and Demon Caller.
- More on NEMA and the Demon Plagues.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. At the printer.
- Two new Chaos Earth® sourcebooks are coming soon.
- 64 pages – $12.95 – Cat. No. 662. Ships February 24, 2015.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG – Available now
The origins of Rifts® start here! It is a new beginning. But first everything that human civilization had become during the Golden Age of Science, more than eighty years in our future, must come to a crashing end. The Earth is in the process of being transformed into a place more alien than a thousand alien worlds. Ley Lines erupt with even more power and ambient energy than what is known on Rifts Earth 300 years later. Rifts – tears in space and time – appear along ley lines to unleash legions of aliens, monsters, dragons, supernatural horrors, and ancient gods of myth and legend in a mad symphony of chaos and transformation.
You play survivors or the heroes of NEMA. The men and women of the Northern Eagle Military Alliance equipped with their Chromium Guardsmen (Glitter Boys), Silver Eagles (SAMAS) and host of other robots and power armor to stand against a rising tide of enemies and alien invaders. They are humanity’s last and only hope to survive the apocalypse that will become known as the Great Cataclysm. These are the heroes you play in a world that can only be described as Chaos Earth.
- Overview of the Great Cataclysm as it unfolds.
- Introduction to NEMA and its weapons and resources.
- 11 different character classes, including robot pilots, the Para-Arcane, Demon and Witch Hunters, Chromium Guardsmen, Silver Eagles, and more.
- Weapons, robots, power armor, vehicles and equipment.
- Monsters, chaos and adventure. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages for the complete RPG – $20.95 – Cat. No. 660 – Available now!
- Chaos Earth® Sourcebook 2: Creatures of Chaos™ – 30+ Chaos Demons, NEMA and more. $12.95 – 64 pages – Cat. No. 661 – Available now.
Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in Print – NEEDED for Rise of Magic™ and the Chaos Earth® RPG setting
Rifts® Book of Magic is 352 pages of nothing but magic – 850+ spells, 370+ magic items, including Rune Weapons, Techno-Wizard items, Bio-Wizard Splugorth creations, and Iron Juggernauts, and more. That’s cover to cover spells and magic items and a few related odds and ends like Atlantean Tattoos and the Nazca Lines. Everything collected from the first 23 World Books, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6 into one giant reference of magical goodness.
- More than 850 magic spells!
- Elemental Magic, Spoiling Magic, Conjuring & others.
- Magic Tattoos, Stone Magic, Temporal Magic and Living Fire Magic.
- Cloud Magic, Whale Songs, Ocean Magic and more.
- Biomancy, Bio-Wizardry, Necromancy and other dark forms of magic.
- Over 100 different Techno-Wizard weapons.
- Techno-Wizard vehicles and TW vehicle conversion tables.
- Techno-Wizard devices, Rune Weapons, amulets, fetishes, enchanted herbs, Millennium Tree gifts & other magic items.
- Optional rules & clarification on magic and more. Note: It is a vital reference for Rifts® Chaos Earth™, Rifts® Federation of Magic, the Rifts® China books and all Rifts® titles. Furthermore, spells and most magic items are easy to adapt to world settings like Palladium Fantasy® and Heroes Unlimited™. Don’t get caught without it.
- $26.95 – 352 pages – Cat. No. 848 – available now.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive – Low Price – Free Gift
It only happens once a year – for a limited time – The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive. We want people to discover The Rifter® as a valuable resource, so we are offering the biggest selection of FREE gifts ever as an enticement. Gamers already familiar with The Rifter® always jump at this offer. That’s because, even when late, The Rifter® has been so consistently good, it is hard to say no to the Super-Subscription Drive.
The free gift is always a nice incentive, and this year the selection is truly unique and fun. I have dug through the Palladium archives to make a number of out of print titles and “special” items available. For us, gaming is all about friends and fun, so enjoy and have fun. Note: The early issues of The Rifter® are limited and available only while supplies last. Please keep the orders coming and enjoy.
Here are four reasons (and 7 gift choices) why this is the perfect time to try The Rifter® or renew your subscription:
1. Save $16 off retail and each issue is delivered right to your door.
2. FREE gift worth $17.90 to $35.85 when you order now! 7 gift choices.
3. Order during the Super-Subscription Drive to lock in your low, low subscription price for the next year.
4. The Rifter® has been outstanding and is the place to find regular source material for Beyond the Supernatural™, Palladium Fantasy®, Splicers®, and Heroes Unlimited™ and other settings. And future issues will have more playing and G.M. tips.
If you haven’t taken a look at The Rifter® lately (if ever), I suggest you try an issue. The Rifter® is an excellent source of ideas, characters, monsters, villains, powers, magic and adventures for your own game. Even articles designed for settings you don’t play are likely to offer ideas and material you can easily modify and incorporate into your campaign. In fact, drawing on concepts from outside the usual setting can spice up your game and keep players guessing. The Rifter® is a great tool for that. That’s the beauty of the Palladium Megaversal Game System; you can often take characters, gear and ideas from one world setting and drop them into ANY of the other settings with no or little work. Other times, the amount of modification is minimal to make it work in a different setting. That means a monster from Palladium Fantasy® can be easily used as a monster, mutant or alien in Heroes Unlimited™, After the Bomb®, Robotech®, Rifts®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, Chaos Earth® or Splicers®, and vice versa. What needs to be adjusted? Perhaps just changing Hit Points/S.D.C. and damage to Mega-Damage, or M.D.C. and M.D. to Hit Points/S.D.C., or some other minor tweak.
Characters from Heroes Unlimited™ and After the Bomb® can be from the future, or the past (depending on the setting), or they can be mutants, or aliens, or beings from another or parallel world. As I am so wont to say, you are limited only by your imagination. The same holds true for towns, cities and adventures – use that place and the adventure ideas tailored to a different setting. Sure you may have to swap out monsters and treasure, or adjust motives, but you might be surprised how easy, fun and different that adventure plays out in a different world environment. And The Rifter® is the ultimate source for alternative, new and different ideas, adventures, characters, and story ideas. All of which can be tweaked to fit most settings, as can optional rules. The Rifter® is a factory for alternative ideas.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer is your chance to try The Rifter® at a discount price and get a FREE gift. Offer ENDS February 28, 2015.
Click here to see the full description for your subscription options and choice of free gift in the Palladium Online Store.
Robotech® RPG Tactics™
– Available now in the USA and Canada – coming to other parts of the world soon
If you love Robotech®, you’ll want to take a look at this game. Beautifully detailed game pieces of your favorite Robotech® mecha, and fast playing rules that capture the Robotech® experience in a new, exciting way. And this is just the beginning. We have so much more planned. Available NOW – in game stores across the USA and Canada. Available in the UK, European Union, Australia and New Zealand soon.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Boxed Set (Main Box Game) – Cat. No. 55100 – $99.95 retail price. This is the game Robotech® fans have wanted for decades. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is a fast-paced, tabletop combat game that captures the action and adventure of the Robotech® anime. Two or more players can engage in small squad skirmishes or scale up to massive battles. Relive the clashes of the First Robotech War, engage in stand-alone tactical games, or use the dynamic game pieces to enhance your Robotech® RPG experience. Or simply collect your favorite mecha from an expanding range of top-notch game pieces.
The First Six Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Expansion Packs are available to retail along with the main box game. Here are the SKUs and retail prices.
- UEDF Valkyrie Wing – Cat. No. 55201 – $36.95 retail.
- UEDF Tomahawk/Defender Destroids – Cat. No. 55202 – $32.95 retail.
- UEDF Spartan/Phalanx Destroids – Cat. No. 55203 – $32.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Regult Battlepods – Cat. No. 55401 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Artillery Battlepods – Cat. No. 55402 – $36.95 retail.
- Zentraedi Glaug Command – Cat. No. 55403 – $36.95 retail.
● Battle Foam Robotech® RPG Tactics™ bag/carrying case – Cat. No. 55107 – $120.00 retail (limited supply). Note: We only have about 50 Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Battle Foam bags available. Once they are sold out it will be months before we manufacture more, if ever.
● Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Rulebook – Cat. No. 55105 – $20.00 retail. Note: This is the same rulebook that is included in the main game box, and is offered separately for those who want an extra copy, or want to check out the rules before buying the whole game.
NEW! The Rifter® #69 – February
Every issue of The Rifter® is an idea factory for players and Game Masters to generate new ideas and find new avenues of adventure. It provides useful, ready to go source material you can just drop into your ongoing games. A doorway to new possibilities and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. And the many new characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, villains, monsters, adventures and ideas for one setting can be easily adapted to any Palladium setting. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least 2-3 other Palladium game lines. And don’t forget, most of the material can be easily adapted for use in ANY Palladium game setting.
With 2015 being the 25th Anniversary of Rifts®, every issue of The Rifter® will feature a Rifts® inspired cover and contain at least one Rifts® article.
The Rifter® #69 – Winter, 2015:
- Rifts® source material.
- After the Bomb® source material.
- Optional source material for other settings yet to be announced.
- News, coming attractions, product descriptions and more.
- Rifts® cover by “Madman” Mike Leonard.
- 96 pages – $13.95 retail – Cat. No. 169. Winter issue.
NEW! Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook: Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ – Ships March
Bizantium and the Northern Islands™ will be sent to the printer in February, but probably won’t be available to ship until around March 12. The book is epic and will spark your imaginations and inspire adventures across the Island Kingdom, the Great Northern Wilderness and to little known realms like the Great Ice Shelf and Land of the Damned.
The Island Kingdom of Bizantium is a refuge for humans in a region known for its lack of humans as well as its vast wilderness, the Wolfen, monsters, and sea serpents. Bizantium’s impressive fleets of merchant vessels and warships travel the seas and oceans of the world. Its people are noble and heroic. The nation is a growing power in the rest of the world. Which is why other kingdoms, like the Western Empire, want to exert their influence on the throne of Bizantium. The result is that treachery and potential power grabs lurk in the shadows. That is but one small story transpiring in the kingdom of the North. Rebellion and war threaten the Shadow Coast colonies, impending war between the Wolfen and the Eastern Territory could erupt at any time, and ancient secrets, if unleashed, could change the fate of not just Bizantium, but the entire world. Meanwhile, dark forces gather in the icy waters beyond the kingdom, and an evil beyond human comprehension stirs.
- New Waterchanter O.C.C. and 20+ magic spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- Necromancy revisited. Many spells new to the Fantasy setting.
- New sea serpents and the warrior sailors who hunt them.
- Sea serpent generation tables to create your own sea monsters.
- New monsters and animals of the Northern Sea.
- Sea serpent ships! Dead sea serpents turned into deadly, massive warships (as depicted on the cover). They threaten sailors in the northern seas as well as the people of Bizantium and the mainland.
- The Iceborn, a race of monsters who worship death, wield death magic, and hunt humanoids, eat their flesh, and wear their skin.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Chaser and Bizantium Marine.
- New weapons and equipment for sailors, mariners, soldiers and adventurers at large.
- New Bizantium ships including the Bireme, Ice Breaker and Battleship.
- A time-line of the history of Bizantium and many mysteries.
- Bizantian society, culture, religion, magic and notable places.
- The Eoten of the Northern Islands, their mythology and influence.
- The Northern Islands described in full, cities and geography, as well as threats to sailors in the Northern Sea and Sea of Despair.
- Bizantium’s many shipyards, possibly the kingdom’s greatest asset.
- Key figures of Bizantium and political intrigue.
- The Noble Houses, Warlocks and foreign powers all trying to capture the throne of Bizantium for themselves!
- Written by Glen Evans. Additional text by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Chuck Walton and Eduardo Dominguez S.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Kevin Siembieda, Tanya Ramsey, Jeff Burke and others.
- Expanded to 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 474 – March release.
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines Sourcebook One
Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines sourcebook is set in space with the UEEF (United Earth Expeditionary Force) led by Admiral Rick Hunter. This valiant force of mecha-clad heroes travel across the galaxy liberating planets from the bondage of the Invid Regent, the Robotech Masters and other tyrants and monsters.
- New mecha and weapons of the UEEF Marines.
- New UEEF Marine character classes and background.
- Alien species and allies.
- Planet hopping, adventure and much more.
- Epic battles and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 553. March (tentative).
Rifts® Sourcebook – The Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity
The events unfolding in World Book 35: Megaverse® in Flames threaten to change the entire landscape of Rifts® Earth, as the demonic minions of Hades and Dyval seek to bring Hell on Earth and turn the planet into a dimensional gateway to Armageddon!
The Coalition States, along with Northern Gun and Lazlo, take the lead in the defense of North America. Heroes of Humanity explores the good and bad in the Coalition’s efforts to save humanity and send this new threat back to the pits of Hell.
- New Coalition weapons, armor and war machines.
- The Coalition States: Are they heroes or villains? Or does it depend on whether you are human or not?
- Can the CS fight alongside mages and D-Bees if it means saving the world?
- How is the CS dealing with the Minion War on Earth?
- One plan to battle the Xiticix and who really pays the price.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and other contributors.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 889.
Rifts® Secrets of the Coalition States: The Disavowed
“Desperate times require desperate measures. War has nothing to do with morality or justice. It’s all about winning or dying. We cannot bind our hands with high ideals, even our own, or worry about the laws of renegade nations or the rights of alien people. We must fight fire with fire. And you are the match.” – Colonel Lyboc addressing a Disavowed team
The Disavowed are so Top Secret that their existence is known only to a handful of the Coalition States’ most elite, top echelon, with Joseph Prosek II the mastermind behind the Disavowed operation, and Colonel Lyboc its shadowy face. Find out who these men and women are. How the Disavowed get away with using magic, traveling to other parts of Rifts Earth and even to other dimensions in pursuit of enemies and strategic information that cannot be had through conventional means. Learn about the secret parameters in which these hard-boiled warriors, secretly hand-picked by Joseph Prosek II, operate, why almost every mission is considered a suicide mission, and why they must forever be the Disavowed.
- CS operatives so secret that even the top military and political leaders right up to Emperor Prosek know nothing about them. And if they did know, would they condone their activity or condemn it?
- Are the Disavowed heroes or renegades? Assassins or soldiers? Madmen or super-patriots? Or a little of them all?
- Unsung heroes who keep the CS safe, or thugs and pawns of a shadow agency within the Coalition government?
- What role does the Vanguard play in this group?
- How do they reward their D-Bee “teammates” when the mission is over?
- What happens to the Disavowed when they have seen or learned too much? Adventure ideas galore and so much more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 892.
Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans
True Atlanteans are descendants from Earth’s past. The survivors of the sinking of Atlantis (really a dimensional mishap) and travelers of the Megaverse, wielders of Tattoo Magic and other lost mystic arts. Most people regard them as heroes, but are they? The Sunaj Assassins are mythic villains feared by all, yet they too are True Atlanteans who serve dark forces.
For the first time, much of the story behind True Atlanteans and their secrets are revealed.
- True Atlanteans revisited.
- Optional Atlantean character creation tables including clan heritage and other factors.
- Secrets of the stone pyramids, different types/purposes and powers.
- Many new magic tattoos, magic spells, weapons and armor.
- Atlantean hideouts and secret communities across the Megaverse.
- The Sunaj Assassins, their secrets, history and plans for the future.
- Atlantean Monster Hunter O.C.C., Atlantean Defender O.C.C. and much more. And this is just the tip of what this book contains.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text and ideas by Kevin Siembieda.
- Final page count and cost yet to be determined, but probably 160-192 pages – $20.95-24.95 retail – Cat. No. 890.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: First Responders
The Great Cataclysm has devastated civilization, but humanity fights for survival. The struggles of civilian law enforcement, fire and rescue, and everyday men and women are some of the most epic tales to be told in a world gone to hell. They fight monsters, aliens, the paranormal, the elements, and each other, all with the hope of reclaiming their lives from the Chaos.
- New D-Bees and monsters from the Rifts.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- New “average citizen” Occupational Character Classes (O.C.C.s).
- New equipment for NEMA “Roscoes” and other emergency personnel.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- Source information and stats for common Golden Age technology (weapons, vehicles, medical tech, etc.).
- Apocalypse Plagues brought from other worlds to Chaos Earth.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Jason Richards. Additional text by Clements & Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Winter/Spring, 2015.
Rifts® Chaos Earth® Sourcebook: Resurrection
In the shattered depths of Wisconsin, survivors are besieged by the dead come back to life. Zombies. But not just any type of zombie, zombies done Rifts-style. And unless the source of the zombie plague can be found and neutralized by NEMA defenders, North America may be overrun by the dead.
This was actually something Taylor White and I have been kicking around for years, even before we released the Dead Reign® RPG line. We think you’ll love it.
- Something has animated the dead in Wisconsin. It is up to NEMA heroes to find the cause and stop it before it spreads beyond control.
- Scrap Zombies of all types.
- Snatcher Ghouls, Carrion Cleaners, Screaming Puppet Ghosts, Sour Maggot Parasites, and other monsters.
- The Zombie Pox and other dangers.
- Setting background, adventure and adventure idea table.
- Written by Taylor White.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 666. Winter/Spring 2015 (tentative).
Books slated for the next 5-6 months of 2015
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print and available now!
- The Rifter® #69 – Winter – ships February – in production right now.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth®: Rise of Magic™ Sourcebook – Back in print, ships February.
- Bizantium & the Northern Islands™ – ships March – in final production right now.
- Robotech®: Expeditionary Force Marines™ Sourcebook
- Chaos Earth® Resurrection (the dead rise, zombies attack)
- Chaos Earth® First Responders (more than you may imagine)
- Dead Reign® Sourcebook: Hell Followed™ (a large, juicy sourcebook)
- The Rifter® #70 – Spring
Other titles for 2015 and beyond
- Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Advanced Rule Book
- Splicers® sourcebooks – several
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Tomes Grotesque™ Volume One
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – Beyond Arcanum™
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the Damned 3: The Citadel (probably 2016)
- Palladium Fantasy® Land of the South Winds
- Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebooks
- Dead Reign® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™
- Rifts® Heroes of Humanity™
- Rifts® The Disavowed™
- Rifts® Antarctica
- Rifts® Sovietski
- Rifts® New Navy™
- Rifts® Delta Blues™
- Rifts® Dark Woods™
- Rifts® Voodoo
- Plus Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Wave One and Wave Two releases worldwide. And there are still some secret projects and licenses yet to be revealed.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 100 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com, as well as Fantasy Paper Miniatures, Game Master resources and other good things with more to come. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- The Rifter® #49-58 recently added – available now.
- Splicers® RPG.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-58.
- The Best of The Rifter®.
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.